12% 

[TF2] Building Size Randomizer

Post New Thread Reply   

island55
Old 09-11-2013 , 21:16   Re: [TF2] Building Size Randomizer
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Thrs a few for buildables. I think there is a special ne.. Like buildingvecs.. Which im not sure what it does exactly, it might be responsible for teleporting players out of buildables and on top of them when they get stuck inside.

You can resize the buildable by changing its surroundingvecmns/maxs or specifiedsurroundinfvecmins/maxs.. Smething like that. i remember doing this a while ago when I was making mini level 3 sentries

Ran into a problem with dispensers though, don't remember exactly what it was, but something didn't play nice with them. I also remember making a mod to align buildables to ground normals.. No good. Sentries get messed up, and dispensers, while they work, get stuck even with some trace work :/

when resizing the dispenser the screen/monitor stayed in the same place, for example if you resized the dispenser to be smaller then the screen of the dispenser would appear above it as if it were normal size...

I haven't played with this plugin yet so i'm not aware of this plugin has the same problem
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 09-11-2013 , 23:58   Re: [TF2] Building Size Randomizer
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by island55 View Post
when resizing the dispenser the screen/monitor stayed in the same place, for example if you resized the dispenser to be smaller then the screen of the dispenser would appear above it as if it were normal size...

I haven't played with this plugin yet so i'm not aware of this plugin has the same problem
Yes it does
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2013 , 13:50   Re: [TF2] Building Size Randomizer
Reply With Quote #13

Yea, I wanted to put building sizes in my own plugin, and made a thread on the issue in over a year ago, but no one answered. Once (or 'if') the issue is fixed however, you will be seeing building resizing in my plugin, along with a few other things I have in mind. Not the randomizing aspect however, which is pretty cool, so don't worry about that.

I tried about three different ways to fix it, even trying to resize the height/width of the VGUI itself and different hooks, but no cigar. I had similar issues with a sentry's wrangler shield, and the teleporters main spinny particle effect.

Last edited by 11530; 09-12-2013 at 14:16.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2013 , 17:22   Re: [TF2] Building Size Randomizer
Reply With Quote #14

Its fun to make plugins based around changing one prop

And then months later (after being told by someeeeeone) change another prop

Seriousy though, the dispenser meter is some kind of overlay, its probably clent sided//tempent, so you would either have to find some magic trickery to hide/remove/destroy that (perhaps rendermode or nodraw or something wierd) eier way, the meter will die) and then you can do it. Else, you can upload a dummy dispenser model that doesnt have the overlay/attachment for it, or perhas force set/reset the dispensers model, which may eliminate it.

You can resize sentriesand teleporters just fine though, just set the vecs so they work properly.. Or set their collision properties so they are triggers but also unsolid.

Last edited by friagram; 09-12-2013 at 17:23.
captaindeterprimary
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-12-2013 , 22:18   Re: [TF2] Building Size Randomizer
Reply With Quote #15

Well the vgui resized... Really weird.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=178006646
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=178006787
Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s

Last edited by captaindeterprimary; 09-13-2013 at 19:23.
island55
Old 09-13-2013 , 21:33   Re: [TF2] Building Size Randomizer
Reply With Quote #16

yeah the screen can be resized however it appears to me that it's at random, for example; if i build a randomly sized dispenser and it happens to be small, the screen will be a normal size and appear too large... BUT, if you pick up said dispenser and set it down again the dispenser will appear normal size but the screen will be the smaller size as it should have been when it was originally built...

@Pelipoika - can you make this plugin restricted to only apply to players with a certain flag? by default this would be disabled but personally i'd only like my donators to have access to this randomness.

thanks!
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2013 , 02:31   Re: [TF2] Building Size Randomizer
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by island55 View Post
yeah the screen can be resized however it appears to me that it's at random, for example; if i build a randomly sized dispenser and it happens to be small, the screen will be a normal size and appear too large... BUT, if you pick up said dispenser and set it down again the dispenser will appear normal size but the screen will be the smaller size as it should have been when it was originally built...

@Pelipoika - can you make this plugin restricted to only apply to players with a certain flag? by default this would be disabled but personally i'd only like my donators to have access to this randomness.

thanks!
Will do once i get home
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2013 , 02:52   Re: [TF2] Building Size Randomizer
Reply With Quote #18

Well, you can edit the entiy before or after ir is finish being constructed. Afaik the screen is not turned on until the building is constructed all the way, but the modelsize is probably changed before this. Perhaps fire a timer and check when it is done constructing and resize it again or do not resize it until it is constructed, or do it right when it is spawned via onentitycreated and is still a blueprint
island55
Old 09-14-2013 , 15:55   Re: [TF2] Building Size Randomizer
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelipoika View Post
Will do once i get home

thank you my friend!
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2013 , 14:53   Re: [TF2] Building Size Randomizer
Reply With Quote #20

Someone requested a point & resize plugin so here it is.

sm_resizeaim <size>

Changelog:
Made it more unlikely to error.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (resizeaim.sp - 284 views - 816 Bytes)

Last edited by Pelipoika; 11-13-2013 at 11:32. Reason: Updated