Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.5.2, 2023-03-02)

Post New Thread Reply   

azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-23-2021 , 20:06   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Check the time of the player's game so you can release the entry on the server;
I don't understand

Quote:
Who knows how to block accounts with VAC Bans & Bans Games;
Good suggestion! It's probably easy to get. I'll search the Steam API and I'll do it when I have some free time

Quote:
Server ID option; (Separate the servers by ID, each having its verification so to speak, just like SourceBans++)
I don't get it. The config is server-side, so each server already has its own config file&verification. The plugin is server-side as well, nothing is on a website, so having different Server IDs is not needed.
About discord notifications, the hostname is already written on the embed message.

Quote:
Force the player to use the public profile, so he can do all checks without problems. To avoid the player having to do this again, it would be good to add some database, whoever is in this database the plugin would not check again.
Now this is where I can improve. The thing is, if the config is modified, there won't be any way to tell if the user is still ok.

Solution 1: ask the server owner to run a command to clear the cache/database of accepted people
My opinion: most of them won't do that, and it's not easy to remember as well. Not the best solution imo, but the easiest one for me.

Solution 2: store every player value in the database (ex: playtime, steam level..) if they pass all checks. If current informations are not enough to let someone enter the server (which means config has changed), re-check this person (and update informations that are available).
My opinion: good way, but will take more space and won't be very easy to edit in the future. However, that's something I could consider.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-23-2021 , 20:10   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Check the time of the player's game so you can release the entry on the server;
Quote:
Originally Posted by azalty View Post
I don't understand.
Configuring to allow only those who have played CSGO for X time to enter the server, for example, 100 hours to enter the server is a requirement, if the player does not have 100 hours he does not enter.
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-23-2021 , 20:22   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
Configuring to allow only those who have played CSGO for X time to enter the server, for example, 100 hours to enter the server is a requirement, if the player does not have 100 hours he does not enter.
This is already in NDA:

// (Requires SteamAPI Key)
// 0 = disabled
// any integer = is a user check that fails if he has less mins in playtime than asked or has private hours
// any negative integer = same as positive, but is not a check and will kick user
// -
// Default: "120"
nda_playtime "120"

I probably should've made it clear that it is CS:GO Playtime, not global playtime
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-23-2021 , 23:06   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
This is already in NDA:

// (Requires SteamAPI Key)
// 0 = disabled
// any integer = is a user check that fails if he has less mins in playtime than asked or has private hours
// any negative integer = same as positive, but is not a check and will kick user
// -
// Default: "120"
nda_playtime "120"

I probably should've made it clear that it is CS:GO Playtime, not global playtime
Really, lack of attention from me, sorry.

About nda_playtime, in this case I have several servers, but each one has a requirement for hours to play, for example, Retake must have 40 hours of play, Multi-1v1 must have 75 hours of play, if the player has only 50 hours of game by logic he enters Retake, however in Multi-1v1 he would not enter, does it work like that?

What I currently use my problem would be this, since he released access to a server no matter the hours of the others that I configured he is never checked again, he always enters even without having the required hours.
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-24-2021 , 06:32   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Really, lack of attention from me, sorry.

About nda_playtime, in this case I have several servers, but each one has a requirement for hours to play, for example, Retake must have 40 hours of play, Multi-1v1 must have 75 hours of play, if the player has only 50 hours of game by logic he enters Retake, however in Multi-1v1 he would not enter, does it work like that?

What I currently use my problem would be this, since he released access to a server no matter the hours of the others that I configured he is never checked again, he always enters even without having the required hours.
The plugin is not linked to your other servers in any way. There is no database, no cached value as of now. Every player is re-checked when connecting to the server.

If it doesn’t work, it’s probably a config issue. The player should only be able to enter the Retakes server.
I have described how the «*checks method*» works on the thread.
TL;DR if at least 1 check (if any is configured) is passed player is allowed
Player also need to pass every «*kick*» verification (if any) to enter the server
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-24-2021 , 07:12   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
The plugin is not linked to your other servers in any way. There is no database, no cached value as of now. Every player is re-checked when connecting to the server.

If it doesn’t work, it’s probably a config issue. The player should only be able to enter the Retakes server.
I have described how the «*checks method*» works on the thread.
TL;DR if at least 1 check (if any is configured) is passed player is allowed
Player also need to pass every «*kick*» verification (if any) to enter the server
Perfect, I will be testing this and deactivating what I use, thanks for the explanation and help.

One more thing, do you intend to add any immunity for players with privileges? For example, if a player has a reserved slot, does he pass checks and enter even if he doesn't have the requirements?
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-24-2021 , 07:21   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Perfect, I will be testing this and deactivating what I use, thanks for the explanation and help.

One more thing, do you intend to add any immunity for players with privileges? For example, if a player has a reserved slot, does he pass checks and enter even if he doesn't have the requirements?
If this is a requested feature I’ll add it through a config
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-24-2021 , 07:38   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
If this is a requested feature I’ll add it through a config
Perfect, I look forward to future updates.
foxsay
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-01-2021 , 17:33   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #29

Can you pull hour information if the user has private/ game info hidden from the account? Those things were made because of GDPR data protection law in theory plugin then couldn't obtain such information?

I'm trying to understand how to set this upright so I don't end up losing players only because I deny access to the private / game info hidden profiles.

Nvm Got it you made this well that it depends on many checks just in case sorry for not paying attention

Last edited by foxsay; 03-01-2021 at 17:41.
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-01-2021 , 19:31   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxsay View Post
Can you pull hour information if the user has private/ game info hidden from the account? Those things were made because of GDPR data protection law in theory plugin then couldn't obtain such information?

I'm trying to understand how to set this upright so I don't end up losing players only because I deny access to the private / game info hidden profiles.

Nvm Got it you made this well that it depends on many checks just in case sorry for not paying attention
I don’t recommend setting the playtime check as required if you are afraid of losing players that don’t want to show their playtime, but as you said, this plugin was made to rely on much more techniques, most of which should not cause too much problems to players

If you have any other question, feature request or bug to report, feel free to post another comment!
You don’t need to apologise haha - thanks for using and trusting my plugin

And to answer your question, no afaik it’s not possible to retrieve playtime if user’s profile/games are hidden UNLESS they are shown to friends and the user is friend with the one who created the API Key. Those who really want to could create a steam bot that auto accepts invites to retrieve user’s playtime, but let’s be honest, it’s too much, and players probably won’t be okay with that either way

Last edited by azalty; 03-01-2021 at 19:35.