Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.5.2, 2023-03-02)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-23-2021 , 20:06   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Check the time of the player's game so you can release the entry on the server;
I don't understand

Quote:
Who knows how to block accounts with VAC Bans & Bans Games;
Good suggestion! It's probably easy to get. I'll search the Steam API and I'll do it when I have some free time

Quote:
Server ID option; (Separate the servers by ID, each having its verification so to speak, just like SourceBans++)
I don't get it. The config is server-side, so each server already has its own config file&verification. The plugin is server-side as well, nothing is on a website, so having different Server IDs is not needed.
About discord notifications, the hostname is already written on the embed message.

Quote:
Force the player to use the public profile, so he can do all checks without problems. To avoid the player having to do this again, it would be good to add some database, whoever is in this database the plugin would not check again.
Now this is where I can improve. The thing is, if the config is modified, there won't be any way to tell if the user is still ok.

Solution 1: ask the server owner to run a command to clear the cache/database of accepted people
My opinion: most of them won't do that, and it's not easy to remember as well. Not the best solution imo, but the easiest one for me.

Solution 2: store every player value in the database (ex: playtime, steam level..) if they pass all checks. If current informations are not enough to let someone enter the server (which means config has changed), re-check this person (and update informations that are available).
My opinion: good way, but will take more space and won't be very easy to edit in the future. However, that's something I could consider.