Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Crashes when starting

Post New Thread Reply   

PM
hello, i am pm
Old 07-30-2004 , 16:34   Crashes when starting
Reply With Quote #1

Ok I had some trouble installing superhero but I'm getting further and further everytime.

I'm using Amx not Amxx
superheromodvault.amx
This is what my liblist looks like
Quote:
game "Counter-Strike"
url_info "www.counter-strike.net"
url_dl ""
version "1.6"
size "184000000"
svonly "0"
secure "1"
type "multiplayer_only"
cldll "1"
hlversion "1111"
nomodels "1"
nohimodel "1"
mpentity "info_player_start"
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
gamedll_linux "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so"
trainmap "tr_1"
Now when I open up counter strike, I click new game, and just click start on random map. Now it gets to like 5 bars or something and it will do either 2 things, crash without an error and just exit to the desktop, OR crash and still show the counter strike background with the progress bar when its actually closed.

Now I tried changing around the plugins.ini to see if it was certain superhero's but that didn't do anything.

Then I tried putting ";" in front of every superhero thing in the plugins.ini and it still crashed. So I'm thinking it has to be another file.

For some reason I think it has something to do with the starting off the addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll and that its crashing because of that. Because if I take out the modified liblist.gam I can make a listen server fine but it just doesn't have the superhero mod on or AMX
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2004 , 16:39  
Reply With Quote #2

edit the metamod plugins.ini and disable AMX. then see if it loads nor not, this will narrow the issue down.
hello, i am pm
Old 07-30-2004 , 16:48  
Reply With Quote #3

Ok I tried that but it still crashes after a couple bars, so it has to be something with the metamod.dll or something that is causing it to crash

It also does the same thing with a dedicated server(only I don't see the progress bar, it just says starting server and then crashes)
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2004 , 17:14  
Reply With Quote #4

www.metamod.org

get the newest metamod form there.

make sure you have a plugins.ini in the addons/metamod folder

thats where it loads amx from, but keep amx disabled till you can get at least MM working.

also turn on logging so hopefully we can capture the error in a log.

edit the autoexec.cfg and add "log on" to the top... if that file is not there then make it, it goes in the cstrike folder the server is being run from
hello, i am pm
Old 07-30-2004 , 17:17  
Reply With Quote #5

I downloaded 1.17.1.0 from the metamod site, unzipped it to my desktop. Hovered my mouse over it and then it says 1.17.1.0 But when I move it into the dll's folder it say's 1.17.0.0

Edit: I re-downloaded it to make sure

I still had AMX commented out and the server worked fine, but when I took out the ";" then it crashed again

Also, is there another place that I have to put my password other than the users.ini?
Chivas2973
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2004 , 18:07  
Reply With Quote #6

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=30351
Old 07-30-2004 , 18:13  
Reply With Quote #7

> I found that after I made that post..now my dedicated server is working which is fine but I can't get demoman, pacman,and bazooka to work even though I have the right name in the plugins.ini

Also what is AssKicr supposed to do? I try to press the power key but nothing happens
Night Slayer
Old 07-30-2004 , 18:32  
Reply With Quote #8

same thing happens to me except i cant figure out whats wrong, dedicated AND the cstrike lan cancels me out into desktop!! what to do?
Chivas2973
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2004 , 18:37  
Reply With Quote #9

when you say work, do you mean it doesn't show up or you get errors or what
Old 07-30-2004 , 19:45  
Reply With Quote #10

They don't even show up in game. And they aren't commented out either. Some of the other hero's I downloaded work fine thougu