Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

kill_bonus

Post New Thread Reply   

Deblu
Old 08-02-2009 , 18:50   kill_bonus
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there!

What does the value of kill_bonus in the playerclasses.txt change? If I set it to zero for all classes, the people loose one point per kill...
I want all the classes to get awarded only one kill per kill, except for one human class which gets 2 points per kill.
What are the values I need to set kill_bonus to for that?
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-02-2009 , 23:57   Re: kill_bonus
Reply With Quote #2

The kill bonus is a zombie only attribute.

I just looked at the configs and it says Human Only, this is a documentation bug. kill_bonus is how many extra points awarded to a human for killing a zombie.

So if it's a tough zombie to kill, you can award bonus points to the human that kills it. Small zombies should get smaller/no boni (bonuses? )

When you say they lose one point per kill, do you mean the humans lose a point off their score when killing a zombie, or when a human becomes infected?
Old 08-03-2009 , 06:59   Re: kill_bonus
Reply With Quote #3

I mean the human lose points per kill when the killed zombie has kill_bonus set to zero.

Last edited by Deblu; 08-03-2009 at 07:02.
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-03-2009 , 18:21   Re: kill_bonus
Reply With Quote #4

Aha, thanks for the concern it uncovered some potentially bad bugs for the future and possibly your problem.

The last killed zombie didn't register as a zombie to 95% of the plugin. So the kill_bonus didn't work for the last zombie.

But you said the human loses points when killing a zombie? In my testing I gained 1 point with kill_bonus set to 0. I gained 11 points when setting to 10, which is the expected behavior.

Confirm that you are actually killing the zombie as a human. The killed zombie will have 1 death added. You should receive 1+ points for the kill. Infection/Death is different.

If the problem still remains, it's probably another plugin. Don't know what could possibly be taking points.

For now to test, you will need more than 2 zombies. The last killed zombie will not work correctly, but you should gain 1 point for this kill regardless.