Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

AMX Map Handler

Post New Thread Reply   

kaksi
Old 06-01-2004 , 09:03  
Reply With Quote #21

I'm running Fedore Core2, Steam CS 1.6 and amxx 0.16. Could it be something like that I have to many maps? I currently have 161 maps...
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 06-01-2004 , 10:40  
Reply With Quote #22

Edit: Yes your amount of maps can be the troublemaker here. Just realised you got a run time error 3 up there, on this line:
Code:
    new maps[MAXMAPS][MAPDESC]

I assume you edited MAXMAPS (or MAPDESC, but more likely MAXMAPS because its 128 default and you have more). This can give a problem because local arrays aren't allowed to allocate too much memory. You can try to fix this by changing this line:

Code:
#pragma dynamic 20000

Try doubling 20000 to 40000, see if it helps. Try to keep the value as low as possible, but still working (not giving run time error 3s). It sets how much memory local vars can use. Run time error 3 means just that, too much memory was tried to be allocated.
kaksi
Old 06-01-2004 , 13:32  
Reply With Quote #23

It fixed the runtime error but it still find 0 valid maps... weird
kaksi
Old 06-02-2004 , 15:32  
Reply With Quote #24

I tried this plugin: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...t=2026+handler

And that plugin too says that I have zero maps...

What could be the problem? Some config somewhere? Invalid files in the mapfolder?
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2004 , 03:26  
Reply With Quote #25

Well what this plugin does is it looks through "moddir/maps/" for all files ending with ".bsp", and for each map it finds it does an is_map_valid() on it.

This is the same version as above only with a lot of debug messages written out during the whole map-finding process. Could you please run this and copy all output it gives you?
Hardwood
Old 06-13-2004 , 16:39  
Reply With Quote #26

This is good. On my XP listenserver it's doing exactly what it's supposed to. I had to up the map count and stack though.
There is one problem. The 25 standard CS maps are not included into the maps.ini, making them unavailable to mapchooser etc.. For the time being, I've just pasted the map names into the maps.ini and shut down the plugin so it won't overwrite it.
The standard maps in no particular order are..
de_airstrip
cs_havana
de_chateau
de_aztec
as_oilrig
cs_siege
de_cbble
de_dust
cs_747
de_prodigy
cs_assault
cs_office
cs_italy
cs_backalley
cs_militia
de_train
cs_estate
de_dust2
de_inferno
de_nuke
de_piranesi
de_storm
de_survivor
de_torn
de_vertigo

I have one request if you're up to it.

I would like this to generate a list of maps.. ok, that's the easy part.. but, that list must include only .bsp files that have a matching .pwf file in the WPTDefault folder (path for WPTDefault can be defined in amxx.cfg). Of course, the result is a list of maps that can be played with bots. Obviously this isn't that important, but it would sure make hosting a bot server that much easier.
Thanks for the great plugin.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2004 , 14:39  
Reply With Quote #27

Are you saying that the default cs maps aren't included in the generated maps.ini? Sounds odd. This should not be a problem. Try removing the maps.ini (or backing up..) and then run the plugin, see if it finds everything properly. The plugin has no way of differenting between "official" maps and custom maps. It just looks at the bsp files in the maps/ folder and lists them. If those maps aren't included there could be some other problem with the maps.ini that's already there.

Your other request sounds a bit too specific for this plugin, sounds like it's only going to work with one kind of bot? I use realbot myself and it doesn't use those files (they are autogenerated when someone plays the map, pretty spiffy)
Hardwood
Old 06-16-2004 , 15:00  
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
It just looks at the bsp files in the maps/ folder and lists them. If those maps aren't included there could be some other problem with the maps.ini that's already there.
Therein lies the problem. The .bsp for default maps is cached and not in the maps folder.

Re: Bots.. Ya.. you're right and besides I just bought CZ so they're redundant now. Incidently it's the same problem with cz in that the maps folder is empty by default (actually it doesn't even exist).

Thanks!
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2004 , 03:07  
Reply With Quote #29

Hmmm ok cached, as in where then? Gcf file?
Hardwood
Old 06-17-2004 , 09:20  
Reply With Quote #30

yes, in the .gcf files. Another problem is, occasionally new default maps are added to the mods. For example de_vostok_cz was just added to CZ.