Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported

Post New Thread Reply   

EVOL
Old 05-26-2009 , 03:39   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.2) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #91

I did set it in the startup parameters. It was my error by leaving the sv_allow_lobby_connect_only at 1. I changed that to 0, and now I'm set. Thanks!
psykeman420
Old 05-28-2009 , 04:30   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.2) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #92

anyone know a good host I could rent a server from to make a 6v6 game? and would i need 14 slots so I could effectivly have tanks added and such too?
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2009 , 18:49   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.2) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #93

Slots are only player slots, AI bots don't count towards the slot limit but they do count towards the client limit.
Damizean
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-30-2009 , 07:34   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.2) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
Slots are only player slots, AI bots don't count towards the slot limit but they do count towards the client limit.
I'm pretty sure they do, at least when playing Coop. I set the infected limit to 0 on my server for Coop and infected bots won't spawn, just appear as spectators and get disconnected.
Send a message via AIM to Damizean Send a message via MSN to Damizean
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-30-2009 , 19:03   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.2) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damizean View Post
I'm pretty sure they do, at least when playing Coop. I set the infected limit to 0 on my server for Coop and infected bots won't spawn, just appear as spectators and get disconnected.
This was also true in the instance of the tank issue with my plugin. It's also interesting to note that the bot never CONNECTS to the server. It gets put into it. Quite interesting that Left4Dead makes bots join in such an intrusive fashion.
Old 05-30-2009 , 19:54   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.2) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #96

yeah been having issues with the tank thing when we're full on infected.

as to my original question I found ultimate gaming servers to suit my needs, they were willing to sell me a 14 slot L4D server and it's been running pretty well, so for anyone else looking for that I'd reccomend them. Ping does spike alot when I bump the horde sizes up but it is still VERY playable.
an0n1mus1
Old 05-30-2009 , 20:04   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.2) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #97

lol, I tried running 18 slot and a couple minutes later I received an email from gameservers.com about violation slots.
Zeusbba
Old 05-30-2009 , 21:49   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.2) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #98

Not sure if this issue is directed here or was part of the super VS as we run them both together.
Lastnight on DT forget which part, but the one you spawn in a rail car in the train yard with the tower, only 4 real humans spawned in the car, NO bots at all, we figured oh well and started out, got up into the yard tower, faced some hordes, and special infected attacks, to which we looked back and saw blue shadows pop up in the original spawn, all the bots then made their way too us, this was about 5+ minutes into the map before they spawned, was only time we had anything like this happen.
Number Six
Old 05-31-2009 , 02:12   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
Seeing as how it does not override any of the lobby reservation checks, no, it would not. For next version I might add the CBaseServer::ClearReservationStatus native and see if that helps. Though if you have a rotation that never kicks people out after the finale, you should have no problem keeping a non-lobby 16/16 player server up.
The news on this issue Sir ?

nowakpl
Old 05-31-2009 , 05:21   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.2) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #100

sm_cvar net_maxcleartime 0.001
sm_cvar net_splitrate 2
sm_cvar net_splitpacket_maxrate 50000
http://tepeserwery.pl/left4dead_2009...6-07-04-75.jpg
helps for choke when there's a lot of infected