12% 

Game Server Port jumping

Post New Thread Reply   

HiddenConn1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-01-2024 , 04:43   Game Server Port jumping
Reply With Quote #1

Hey.

Every time I try to start my css server it keeps jumping ports and doesn't successfully bind to a specific port. The server fails to get a connection to Steam.

Log:
Code:
WARNING: Failed to load 32-bit libtinfo.so.5 or libncurses.so.5.
  Please install (lib32tinfo5 / ncurses-libs.i686 / equivalent) to enable readline.

Using Breakpad minidump system. Version: 6630498 AppID: 232330
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 232330
Using breakpad crash handler
Loaded 1335 VPK file hashes from /home/cssurfdm/serverfiles/cstrike/cstrike_pak.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 1335 VPK file hashes from /home/cssurfdm/serverfiles/cstrike/cstrike_pak.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 1218 VPK file hashes from /home/cssurfdm/serverfiles/hl2/hl2_textures.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 574 VPK file hashes from /home/cssurfdm/serverfiles/hl2/hl2_sound_vo_english.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 383 VPK file hashes from /home/cssurfdm/serverfiles/hl2/hl2_sound_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 446 VPK file hashes from /home/cssurfdm/serverfiles/hl2/hl2_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 5 VPK file hashes from /home/cssurfdm/serverfiles/platform/platform_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
server_srv.so loaded for "Counter-Strike: Source"
 failed to dlopen /home/cssurfdm/serverfiles/cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/linux64/server.so error=/home/cssurfdm/serverfiles/cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/linux64/server.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Unable to load plugin "addons/metamod/bin/linux64/server"
maxplayers set to 24
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
Unknown command "r_decal_cullsize"
ConVarRef dev_loadtime_map_start doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ERROR: Port 27006 was unavailable - quitting due to "-strictportbind" command-line flag!

Add "-debug" to the ./srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Thu Feb 29 18:09:02 UTC 2024: Server restart in 10 seconds
Second:
Code:
server_srv.so loaded for "Counter-Strike: Source"
 failed to dlopen /home/cssurfdm/serverfiles/cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/linux64/server.so error=/home/cssurfdm/serverfiles/cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/linux64/server.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Unable to load plugin "addons/metamod/bin/linux64/server"
Old 03-01-2024 , 08:04   Re: Game Server Port jumping
Reply With Quote #2

You most likely just have an old versions of the srcds instance open still in the background somewhere that is already bound to the port you are trying to start the new server with. Your script to restart the server might be too fast and trys to start the second server before the first one exits. Also 27006 is usually a client port, 27015 is normally where ports start for srcds instances.

Your second issue I don't think matters as long as the `meta` command works when you type it in console. I'm pretty sure metamod trys to load both a 64bit and 32bit version and one always fails while the other succeeds
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-01-2024 , 13:19   Re: Game Server Port jumping
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwards View Post
You most likely just have an old versions of the srcds instance open still in the background somewhere that is already bound to the port you are trying to start the new server with. Your script to restart the server might be too fast and trys to start the second server before the first one exits. Also 27006 is usually a client port, 27015 is normally where ports start for srcds instances.

Your second issue I don't think matters as long as the `meta` command works when you type it in console. I'm pretty sure metamod trys to load both a 64bit and 32bit version and one always fails while the other succeeds
The game server is running but it is still not allowing connections to the game server. Screenshot below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	putty_zeDlWNPqMv.png
Views:	41
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	203518   Click image for larger version

Name:	putty_hUfISm3DOB-5555.png
Views:	32
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	203519  

Last edited by HiddenConn1; 03-01-2024 at 13:20.