Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

superbulette.nordend
Old 07-16-2006 , 11:36   Re: Server redirection

tested on a dod server under amxx 1.75 with check_method 0 and announce 0:
everythings works fine except:
the new server doesnīt delete the [Rx]-Tag. He announces from where the player comes and all, just the tag stays where it is..
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2006 , 13:30   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbulette.nordend
tested on a dod server under amxx 1.75 with check_method 0 and announce 0:
everythings works fine except:
the new server doesnīt delete the [Rx]-Tag. He announces from where the player comes and all, just the tag stays where it is..
the name change is forced exactly where the code to display the message that he was redirected is. so the name change code must be executed and my conclusion is that it just does not work then.
i am afraid i don't know anything about dod. is the name change command different there? the plugin is doing a name "new name" on the client along with other attempts to change the name. doesn't this work there? or are name changes only possible after map restarts?
Old 07-16-2006 , 17:46   Re: Server redirection

well, first i thought it could be because of admin immunity, but every other user keeps the tag, too.
and i think that dod is basically the same as every other mod.
amx_nick for example works, except for admins with immunity..
thats all i can say..
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2006 , 04:52   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
well, first i thought it could be because of admin immunity, but every other user keeps the tag, too.
and i think that dod is basically the same as every other mod.
amx_nick for example works, except for admins with immunity..
thats all i can say..
i looked at the source of amx_nick command and it is doing the same as the redirection plugin does: executing a "name" command on the client. only difference is that redirection plugin does not care for admin immunity and would change the tag regardless of access levels. i don't think that the command itself is the problem. it looks like the command is executed but has no effect. that's why i ask whether dod has some rules about name changing - like NS where you can't change your name while in the game.

furthermore you say that the announcement is correct. this announcement already tells the nick that the user's nick will be changed to so if you say this is correct the plugin also knows the correct nick.

only thing i can still think of is that name changing is done too early there. i had this problem in CS before and thus changed the code so that it tries to change the nick once and then again after 3 seconds tries again. maybe it helps to set this delay to a higher amount of seconds?

if you want to try this find line 1126 in the code:
Code:
set_task(3.0, "change_name", 0, sParams, strlen(sParams))
in this line change the 3.0 to something higher. to test it just connect with a nick like [R0]Test and see if it renames you to "Test".
i don't know what values make sense there - i'd suggest you just up it in 5 second steps until it works, so set to 8.0, 12.0 and so on.
after every change don't forget to recompile and restart server.
Old 07-17-2006 , 06:07   Re: Server redirection

oh my god, sorry... thats something that i should have thought of....!
dod has a rule about namechanges:
you canīt change nick while dead or spectating...
sorry, that should have helped you but thank you very much for helping me out on this.. im gonna test this when iīm back home today...

great plugin, by the way....
superbulette.nordend
Old 07-17-2006 , 06:09   Re: Server redirection

oh.. one thing..
is there any plans on making server redirect cooperate with the frequent fraggers program? that would be great, since freqfrag only has a simple redirect and serverredirection would be better for the autopart..
for now we have to live with the autofunction set to off..
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2006 , 15:00   Re: Server redirection

for the nick change problem i think i can't solve problems arising from a mod restricting nick changes. even if it was possible and i knew how to do it - it would still be a dirty hack i would not feel comfortable about.
unfortunately using the nick as information storage is the only way to check where someone comes from. as plugins can't listen to connections and probably never will i can't create a direct connection between 2 plugins on 2 servers so that one server could tell the other.

but wait, just while typing this i got an idea...
let me see if this works now first before i write about it - if it did, it would make a nick tagging obsolete.

Quote:
oh.. one thing..
is there any plans on making server redirect cooperate with the frequent fraggers program? that would be great, since freqfrag only has a simple redirect and serverredirection would be better for the autopart..
for now we have to live with the autofunction set to off..
until now i didn't even know what freqfrag is, but now i saw it. good plugin and good idea so in general i would have no problem with doing a bit of cooperation.
but please describe how you would imagine the two plugins working together. maybe with an example describing what happens when someone connects and both plugins take action...

i myself would think of serverredirect providing a command to redirect someone (e.g. redirect_user "UnnamedPlayer") and then freqfrag and others could call this command instead of using their own redirection method.
would this serve your needs?

Last edited by xOR; 07-17-2006 at 15:03.
superbulette.nordend
Old 07-17-2006 , 15:51   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
i myself would think of serverredirect providing a command to redirect someone (e.g. redirect_user "UnnamedPlayer") and then freqfrag and others could call this command instead of using their own redirection method.
would this serve your needs?
that would be exactly what i thought of..
superbulette.nordend
Old 07-17-2006 , 16:38   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
for the nick change problem i think i can't solve problems arising from a mod restricting nick changes. even if it was possible and i knew how to do it - it would still be a dirty hack i would not feel comfortable about.
unfortunately using the nick as information storage is the only way to check where someone comes from. as plugins can't listen to connections and probably never will i can't create a direct connection between 2 plugins on 2 servers so that one server could tell the other.

but wait, just while typing this i got an idea...
let me see if this works now first before i write about it - if it did, it would make a nick tagging obsolete.
couldnt you make the plugin check when the player spawns the first time and then delete the tag? or let the plugin check when the player joins a team and then 11 seconds later delete the tag?
or isnt there some function that checks if the player is alive? that should do the trick (if player alive then delete tag else wait 5 redo or something... you see i dont know anything of coding plugins)
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2006 , 20:34   0.7.0b released!

0.7.0b is out and makes all the nick tag problems completely obsolete as nick tags are not used anymore.
this way the update made the plugin pretty much more tolerant for every mod favour. i think this is important because i want the plugin to be completely mod independant.

and there is good news for you, -=STN=- MaGe, as well: the server now checks where someone is redirected from and doesn't redirect back there. this way your problems with people in an endless redirection loop spamming the chat should be gone!

of course there are some other changes and bug fixes in there as well, check the changelog.

i am sorry, superbulette.nordend, but redirect_user is not already implemented. i will do it in the next version and hurry to come up with the next release very soon.