Raised This Month: $119 Target: $400
 29% 

[L4D2] Hulking Tank


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author
Mortiegama
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Plugin ID:
4116
Plugin Version:
1.11
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    14 
    Plugin Description:
    Brings a set of psychotic abilities to the Hulking Tank.
    Old 02-28-2014 , 14:25   [L4D2] Hulking Tank
    Reply With Quote #1

    General

    This plugin requires Sourcemod 1.5 or higher


    Description

    I'm working on new ideas for my Vicious Infected plugin. Rather than edit the entire plugin I've started to make smaller projects to assess just that particular set of abilities. I figured I'd release the small portions as I come up with them. Maybe even incorporate just the abilities for that particular class to ease the overall plugin.

    Hulking Tank is designed to give the most terrifying infected in the game an even more horrific set of abilities. If you thought he was hard to deal with before, you haven't seen anything. With four abilities currently, the Tank can increase speed and damage while on fire, go into hibernation to restore its health, hurl boulders that explode when on fire, send massive shockwaves through the air like a fist, and unleash a titanic bellow to send Survivors flying.


    Cvars

    • l4d_htm_burningrage: Enables the Burning Rage ability, Tank's movement speed increases when on fire.
    • l4d_htm_burningragefist: Enables the Burning Rage Fist ability, Tank deals extra damage when on fire.
    • l4d_htm_burningragespeed: How much of a speed boost does Burning Rage give. (Def 1.25)
    • l4d_htm_burningrageamount: Amount of extra damage done to Survivors while Tank is on fire. (Def 3)
    • l4d_htm_phantomtank: Enables the Phanton Tank ability, when spawning the Tank will be immune to damage and fire until a player takes control. (Def 1)
    • l4d_htm_phantomtankduration: Amount of time after a player takes control of the Tank that the damage and fire immunity ends. (Def 3.0)
    • l4d_htm_hibernation: Enables the Hibernation ability, Tank stops to hibernate and will regenerate health while taking extra damage.
    • l4d_htm_hibernationcooldown: Amount of time before the Tank can Hibernate again. (Def 120)
    • l4d_htm_hibernationdamage: Multiplier for damage received by Tank while Hibernating. (Def 2.0)
    • l4d_htm_hibernationduration: Amount of time the Hibernation will take before completion. (Def 10)
    • l4d_htm_hibernationregen: Amount of health the Tank will be set to once done Hibernating. (Def 6000.0)
    • l4d_htm_smoulderingearth: Enables the Smouldering Earth ability, Tank is able to throw a burning rock that explodes when hitting the ground.
    • l4d_htm_smoulderingearthdamage: Damage the exploding rock causes nearby Survivors. (Def 7)
    • l4d_htm_smoulderingearthrange: Area around the exploding rock that will reach Survivors. (Def 300.0)
    • l4d_htm_smoulderingearthpower: Amount of power behind the explosion. (Def 200.0)
    • l4d_htm_smoulderingearthtype: Type of rock thrown, 1 = Rock is always on fire, 2 = Rock only on fire if Tank is on fire. (Def 2)
    • l4d_htm_titanfist: Enables the Titan Fist ability, Tank is able to send out shockwaves through the air with its fist.
    • l4d_htm_titanfistcooldown: Amount of time before the Tank can send another Titan Fist shockwave. (Def 15)
    • l4d_htm_titanfistdamage: Amount of damage done to Survivors hit by the Titan Fist shockwave. (Def 5)
    • l4d_htm_titanfistincap: Enables the Titan Fist Incap ability, if a Survivor is incapped by the Tank punch they will still be flung. (Def 1)
    • l4d_htm_titanfistpower: Force behind the Titan Fist shockwave. (Def 200.0).
    • l4d_htm_titanfistrange: Distance the Titan Fist shockwave will travel. (Def 700.0)
    • l4d_htm_titanicbellow: Enables the Titanic Bellow ability, Tank is able to roar and send nearby Survivors flying or pull them to the Tank.
    • l4d_htm_titanicbellowcooldown: Amount of time between Titanic Bellows. (Def 5.0)
    • l4d_htm_titanicbellowdamage: Damage the force of the roar causes to nearby survivors. (Def 10)
    • l4d_htm_titanicbellowhealth: Amount of health the Tank must be below to use Titanic Belllow (0 = disabled). (Def 0)
    • l4d_htm_titanicbellowpower: Power behind the inner range of Methane Blast. (Def 300.0)
    • l4d_htm_titanicbellowrange: Area around the Tank the bellow will reach. (Def 700.0)
    • l4d_htm_titanicbellowtype: Type of roar, 1 = Survivors are pushed away from Tank, 2 = Survivors are pulled towards Tank.

    Cvars


    <*>To change these values edit the plugin.L4D2.HulkingTank.cfg in the CFG/Sourcemod folder.


    Installation
    • Download and copy L4D2 Hulking Tank.smx to Addons/Sourcemod/Plugins
    • Download and copy l4d2addresses.txt to Addons/Sourcemod/Gamedata
    • Delete plugin.L4D2.HulkingTank.cfg from the CFG/Sourcemod folder.


    Version History

    Version 1.11 - (4/9/14)
    <*>Added an ability for Titan Fist to always knock back Survivors when the tank punch incapacitates them
    <*>Added an option to check health before allowing Titanic Bellow
    <*>Added new ability: Phantom Tank - Tank spawns in a ghost mode immune to damage and fire
    Version 1.1 - (3/1/14) - 150 Views
    <*>Fixed an issue where entities were created when map wasn't running
    <*>Changed the cooldown timer for Hibernation
    <*>Removed some PrintToChat messages that were left
    Version 1.0 - (2/28/14) - 21 Views
    <*>Original launch of the plugin


    Special Thanks

    Karma - Tank Skill Roar
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=126919

    panxiaohai - Tank's Burning Rock
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=139691

    Mr. Zero - Ghost Tank Lite
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=111997

    Atomicstryker - SRS Mod (Tank Ignite)
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=128581

    Known Issues

    <*>None
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (L4D2 Hulking Tank.sp - 1838 views - 38.8 KB)
    File Type: txt l4d2addresses.txt (24.3 KB, 1017 views)

    Last edited by Mortiegama; 04-09-2014 at 13:56.
    Mortiegama is offline
    Munch
    Senior Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Liverpool UK
    Old 02-28-2014 , 15:19   Re: [L4D2] Hulking Tank
    Reply With Quote #2

    Shame it couldn't have been done without the need for a gamedata file as its bound to break soon, and probably at the next steam update thanks to the elves down at valve central or maybe that's Ogre's down at valve central...yea definitely Ogre's.

    I just hope this doesn't clash with Super Tanks or the Tanks Helper plugin.
    __________________

    Last edited by Munch; 02-28-2014 at 15:27.
    Munch is offline
    Munch
    Senior Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Liverpool UK
    Old 02-28-2014 , 15:42   Re: [L4D2] Hulking Tank
    Reply With Quote #3

    SWEET. This is so much better than the Tank-on-fire Speed Booster plugin.

    EDIT: Duplicate Lable
    cvarTitanFistCooldown = CreateConVar("l4d_htm_titanfistcooldown", "15", "Amount of time before the Tank can send another Titan Fist shockwave. (Def 15)", FCVAR_PLUGIN, true, 0.0, false, _);
    cvarTitanFistDamage = CreateConVar("l4d_htm_titanfistdamage", "5", "Amount of time before the Tank can send another Titan Fist shockwave. (Def 15)", FCVAR_PLUGIN, true, 0.0, false, _);

    Think it should be // Amount of damage the Tank does when sending Titan Fist shockwave. (Def 5)

    EDIT 2: Might I suggest a minor alteration
    I think Its always good practise to keep file names consistent, ie naming all relevant file names the same. I would rename "plugin.L4D2.HulkingTank.cfg" & "l4d2addresses.txt" to be the same as the smx & sp files "L4D2 Hulking Tank.???" in fact I would loose the "L4D2" as its easier to locate files when there all in alphabetical order. one look at a typical cfg folder often results in 2 or 3 alphabetical list's of config files...a real pain if you have loads of plugins.
    __________________

    Last edited by Munch; 02-28-2014 at 18:58.
    Munch is offline
    PatriotGames
    AlliedModders Donor
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Location: USA
    Old 02-28-2014 , 17:56   Re: [L4D2] Hulking Tank
    Reply With Quote #4

    Mortiegama,

    Thank you for creating these fun plugins. Yours are some of the best special infected mods available, in my oppinion.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Munch View Post
    EDIT 2: Might I suggest a minor alteration
    I think Its always good practise to keep file names consistent, ie naming all relevant file names the same. I would rename "plugin.L4D2.HulkingTank.cfg" & "l4d2addresses.txt" to be the same as the smx & sp files "L4D2 Hulking Tank.???" in fact I would loose the "L4D2" as its easier to locate files when there all in alphabetical order. one look at a typical cfg folder often results in 2 or 3 alphabetical list's of config files...a real pain if you have loads of plugins.
    Well said, Munch and I agree with your suggestion. If the server has a number of signature files in the gamedata folder it is much easier to identify which plugin they belong to if the signature file name reflects the plugin name.

    Second, I understand the need to give plugins names that identify which game they are for here on the forums (e.g. L4D2 Hulking Tank). But once the plugin is installed does it really need to have a game tag as part of its defined name (i.e. [L4D2] Vicious Infected vs Vicious Infected)? After all, an srcds server only runs one game and the plugins installed there are only for that game, so adding a game tag to the plugin name seems redundant and makes for a messy "sm plugins list".

    Munch, did you find any conflicts between Hulking Tank and Super Tanks?

    Kind regards,

    PG
    __________________

    Last edited by PatriotGames; 02-28-2014 at 17:59.
    PatriotGames is offline
    Munch
    Senior Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Liverpool UK
    Old 02-28-2014 , 19:39   Re: [L4D2] Hulking Tank
    Reply With Quote #5

    None so far. Thought there may be an issue with l4d_htm_hibernationregen "6000.0" but haven't noticed any problems yet. The Tank Helper works too although it did take a while for me to notice, was beginning to think it clashed.

    As for the game tag, and given its been listed as being a Left 4 Dead plugin which I suppose would require the L4D2 tag to differentiate it from Left 4 Dead 1, however a simple note to say its for L4D2 only would suffice. I've already made the changes necessary, naming all files "HulkingTank.???"
    __________________
    Munch is offline
    Sev
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: May 2010
    Old 03-01-2014 , 07:12   Re: [L4D2] Hulking Tank
    Reply With Quote #6

    I'll have to take a look at this at some point.

    Hopefully there are no issues right out of the gate with the plugin not checking for server.cfg cvar values, etc.

    But we'll see.

    Last edited by Sev; 03-01-2014 at 07:13.
    Sev is offline
    Krufftys Killers
    Senior Member
    Join Date: Jan 2014
    Old 03-01-2014 , 09:54   Re: [L4D2] Hulking Tank
    Reply With Quote #7

    03/01/2014 - 05:594: SourceMod error session started
    L 03/01/2014 - 05:594: Info (map "tumtara1") (file "errors_20140301.log")
    L 03/01/2014 - 05:594: [SM] Native "CreateEntityByName" reported: Cannot create new entity when no map is running
    L 03/01/2014 - 05:594: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "L4D2 Hulking Tank.smx":
    L 03/01/2014 - 05:594: [SM] [0] Line 763, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/7/0/1/7/8/130998.attach::ShowParticle()
    L 03/01/2014 - 05:594: [SM] [1] Line 590, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/7/0/1/7/8/130998.attach::OnEntityDestroyed()
    L 03/01/2014 - 07:01:08: SourceMod error session started
    Krufftys Killers is offline
    Mortiegama
    Senior Member
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Old 03-01-2014 , 10:57   Re: [L4D2] Hulking Tank
    Reply With Quote #8

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Munch View Post
    SWEET. This is so much better than the Tank-on-fire Speed Booster plugin.

    EDIT: Duplicate Lable
    cvarTitanFistCooldown = CreateConVar("l4d_htm_titanfistcooldown", "15", "Amount of time before the Tank can send another Titan Fist shockwave. (Def 15)", FCVAR_PLUGIN, true, 0.0, false, _);
    cvarTitanFistDamage = CreateConVar("l4d_htm_titanfistdamage", "5", "Amount of time before the Tank can send another Titan Fist shockwave. (Def 15)", FCVAR_PLUGIN, true, 0.0, false, _);

    Think it should be // Amount of damage the Tank does when sending Titan Fist shockwave. (Def 5)

    EDIT 2: Might I suggest a minor alteration
    I think Its always good practise to keep file names consistent, ie naming all relevant file names the same. I would rename "plugin.L4D2.HulkingTank.cfg" & "l4d2addresses.txt" to be the same as the smx & sp files "L4D2 Hulking Tank.???" in fact I would loose the "L4D2" as its easier to locate files when there all in alphabetical order. one look at a typical cfg folder often results in 2 or 3 alphabetical list's of config files...a real pain if you have loads of plugins.
    Fixed the wrong label on the CFG file. As for the alterations it's not something that I'm looking to change. I'm a little OCD with my files and I've had them labeled L4D2.etc for five years so l can't bring myself to make a change. If you like though it's easy enough to edit the line to change the CFG file name (Line 116). The gamedata file is l4d2addresses.txt because I use the exact same gamedata file for all of my plugins. Rather than multiple files it's easier to just have one universal one. It would be nice if I didn't need the gamedata file, but the SDKCalls all require them and they're by far the best abilities.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PatriotGames View Post
    Mortiegama,

    Thank you for creating these fun plugins. Yours are some of the best special infected mods available, in my oppinion.PG
    Thank you, I appreciate the compliment.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Krufftys Killers View Post
    03/01/2014 - 05:594: SourceMod error session started
    L 03/01/2014 - 05:594: Info (map "tumtara1") (file "errors_20140301.log")
    L 03/01/2014 - 05:594: [SM] Native "CreateEntityByName" reported: Cannot create new entity when no map is running
    L 03/01/2014 - 05:594: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "L4D2 Hulking Tank.smx":
    L 03/01/2014 - 05:594: [SM] [0] Line 763, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/7/0/1/7/8/130998.attach::ShowParticle()
    L 03/01/2014 - 05:594: [SM] [1] Line 590, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/7/0/1/7/8/130998.attach::OnEntityDestroyed()
    L 03/01/2014 - 07:01:08: SourceMod error session started
    Appears that the tank rock is created and destroyed before the map or after it is running. I put in a check to make sure that the map has started and I haven't seen the error again.

    As for the other plugins, I can't say whether they're compatiable with Super Tanks. The Hibernation ability sets the Tank HP after he spawns so the initial HP set shouldn't be affected by this plugin.
    __________________

    Last edited by Mortiegama; 03-01-2014 at 11:00.
    Mortiegama is offline
    Munch
    Senior Member
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Liverpool UK
    Old 03-01-2014 , 13:01   Re: [L4D2] Hulking Tank
    Reply With Quote #9

    Think you may have uploaded the wrong fix, .sp file still showing duplicate lable.
    __________________
    Munch is offline
    Mortiegama
    Senior Member
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Old 03-01-2014 , 13:23   Re: [L4D2] Hulking Tank
    Reply With Quote #10

    Blast, I'll upload a new one when I'm on my PC again.

    Edit: There we go, got the updated version up! I made changes and didn't hit "Save" >.>.
    __________________

    Last edited by Mortiegama; 03-01-2014 at 16:50.
    Mortiegama is offline
    Reply


    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36.


    Powered by vBulletin®
    Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    Theme made by Freecode