Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

ExtendedComm v3.0.8b (Updated: 4/17/11)

Post New Thread Reply   

newn
BANNED
Old 01-04-2011 , 12:52   Re: [Any] ExtendedComm (Dev: v2.1.5)
Reply With Quote #21

I did, a few times actually (tried), and nothing happens. No error, nothing. No unknown command... Just nothing after it.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 01-04-2011 , 12:57   Re: [Any] ExtendedComm (Dev: v2.1.5)
Reply With Quote #22

It should have logged something to /sourcemod/logs/ExtendedComm.log if there was an error or the likes; or if it succeeded.
Old 01-04-2011 , 13:15   Re: [Any] ExtendedComm (Dev: v2.1.5)
Reply With Quote #23

Ahhhh... Sorry about that. I checked yesterday's log... Today's log prints a lot of errors, but only in the log file, nothing in the console. Errors about errors in SQL syntax about removing gags/mutes, missing columns, etc.. Could you give me a full SQL query to execute, while creating the table?
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 01-04-2011 , 13:18   Re: [Any] ExtendedComm (Dev: v2.1.5)
Reply With Quote #24

Create Query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS extendedcomm (steam_id varchar(255) PRIMARY KEY default '', mute_type int(12) NOT NULL default 0, mute_length int(12) NOT NULL default 0, gag_type int(12) NOT NULL default 0, gag_length int(12) NOT NULL default 0, mute_admin varchar(255) default '', gag_admin varchar(255) default '');

2.1.3 Update Query: ALTER TABLE extendedcomm ADD mute_admin varchar(255) default ''; ALTER TABLE extendedcomm ADD gag_admin varchar(255) default '';

Use the first one if you dropped the table, second one if the table already exists.

*Edit: Future updates will have better logging support; the current system was hacked together*
Old 01-04-2011 , 13:31   Re: [Any] ExtendedComm (Dev: v2.1.5)
Reply With Quote #25

I could give only 1 gag or mute (mute_type == 2), then it stopped working. I changed map though. The database looks alright now. And by stopped working I mean stopped writing data into the database. Or removing it from it... Here's only one error I got:
L 01/04/2011 - 20:24:58: [sm_extendedcomm.smx] Error: There was an error purging a player's data! Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DELETE FROM extendedcomm WHERE gag_length < 1294165493' at lin
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 01-04-2011 , 13:40   Re: [Any] ExtendedComm (Dev: v2.1.5)
Reply With Quote #26

Meh, I knew I should have fixed that in the previous release. What's happening is a player is being deleted when it checks mute_length, and the corresponding gag_length query is throwing an error. It likely also means that all permanent punishments are being removed as well. It'll be fixed in 2.1.6, which should be released in a few days. If you want a perma punishment in the mean time, probably use a really large # until the update .
Old 01-04-2011 , 13:45   Re: [Any] ExtendedComm (Dev: v2.1.5)
Reply With Quote #27

I noticed, that only the first punishment, when the database is empty, is write in, others doesn't. Also, timed mutes - aren't written in too. And when you are removing silence, it only writes, that it removes a gag. Can't test, if it tells the truth.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 01-04-2011 , 13:48   Re: [Any] ExtendedComm (Dev: v2.1.5)
Reply With Quote #28

Are you disconnecting to see whether or not the punishment is written? That's when the save query is run. I didn't see any issues with the other queries when I was testing it; I was able to mute/gag/silence myself independently and everything worked fine.
Old 01-04-2011 , 14:58   Re: [Any] ExtendedComm (Dev: v2.1.5)
Reply With Quote #29

Nop, I minimize the game. Do I need to disconnect, or the guy needs to disconnect? My guess is the guy, logically... Okay, anyway, I'll keep it in mind, to use the timed mutes only.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 01-04-2011 , 15:03   Re: [Any] ExtendedComm (Dev: v2.1.5)
Reply With Quote #30

I wrote the plugin a little weird; in order for a punishment to be saved to the database, the player has to disconnect from the server. Since this supports multiple servers, the idea was a player would have to disconnect from one to connect to another, thus ruling out the need for immediate saves. I'll see if I can rush the update to tonight though, since the inability to use perma mutes is a bit of an issue.