Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

braak0327
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-05-2015 , 11:52   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilalmon View Post
A $45 product that's suffering from freezes for six months is not acceptable. I didn't buy it for features, but there hasn't been any feature additions for this period as well.

I bought the product expecting it to be at least basic-level functional. I bought it to use it, not to fix it. Isn't that the point of the product?
Until a few months ago I helped fixing it by helping beta-test his new versions (trial and reporting).
I eventually gave up because it never seemed to be going anywhere.

If it's an additional feature the developer added later that's not working, I'd be fine with it and give it some time, but the product can't even run properly and a number of people are still reporting it so.
We're all developers to a degree, and as a software engineer myself I can't really understand how it's taking more than six months to crush this one issue. That's a length of a period that even rewriting the program could have been possible.

I'm sure br5dy is "working on" it, but you have to admit it's a little bit ridiculous.
yeah... sadly I'm with him too
It's too many times passed for just one issue
I paid $45 just for use seDirector "Game Server Per Host Max" feature...
also FTP feature is super useless it compress vanilla maps+etc but I don't know it fixed or not fixed
because I keep using 2.0 version...
Hefal
Old 11-07-2015 , 15:53   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #532

EDIT: nvm.

Last edited by Hefal; 11-14-2015 at 15:32.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-07-2015 , 17:41   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Well, if you can do better yourself, then show us...
He is obligated to complain if he paid for the product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilalmon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Well, if you can do better yourself, then show us...
A $45 product that's suffering from freezes for six months is not acceptable. I didn't buy it for features, but there hasn't been any feature additions for this period as well.

I bought the product expecting it to be at least basic-level functional. I bought it to use it, not to fix it. Isn't that the point of the product?
Of a product, yes, there you should have expectations that it works exactly as described.

I had this one confused with one of the open sourced ones while writing, and the way of your complaint, it seemed like you were one of the typical "inexperienced" users that were just whining. In a such case, you should just have gone further and made your own instead of whining.

Not said in any way to offend you, however, as you're saying you are a software engineer, I guess you know the type of people I'm referring to. As I had this one confused with other open systems, I'll take back my statement above, as paid things should indeed work as expected.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-26-2015 , 23:39   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #534

Version 2.9 is now released. MAKE A BACKUP of your Servers.xml and Settings.xml file before upgrading and read the instructions on the download page.

http://ashersoftware.com/seDirector/download/

Lots of freezing issues on various platforms have been fixed. I have tested seDirector 2.9 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, and 2012 R2 without freezing. If you DO have a freezing issue or any other concern, feel free to email [email protected]. Feel free to reach out with any concerns or problems. Live chat was added to the site recently so you can reach me there fast.

If we've tried everything without anything working and you're frustrated and just want your money back, I can issue a refund, although I hope you would let me try working with your computer first to see what is causing the issue to happen. Usually it's not your computer, or the program, but the program on your computer. Something, usually minor, that may cause it to glitch out.

I'm always happy to help, just email or chat with me and we'll figure it out. If this freezing issue is still affecting your machine, don't worry, I'll install my debugging tools on your machine and run the program until it freezes. It will literally tell me the exact line of code that's causing the freeze. It can be different on different machines. We'll work it out.

Just keep in mind we're only a 2 person dev team now so updates aren't nearly as fast as we'd like them to be. 6 months is crazy slow in my opinion, but to be honest, we've had some crazy things happen in the past 6 months in our personal lives that have slowed development of seDirector. Not making an excuse - just explaining. :-/

Hope 2.9 and beyond work well! If not, don't worry!!!

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-27-2015 , 16:21   Re: [v2.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #535

SEDIRECTOR SPECIAL * BLACK FRIDAY 2015 * 25% OFF * 3 DAYS ONLY * FRI, SAT, SUN

Save 25% until Monday morning at midnight!

Just log in to your account at http://sedirector.com and enter coupon code BLACKFRIDAY2015.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-28-2015 , 00:36   Re: [v3.0] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #536

Sorry to keep posting, but new things keep happening!!

Version 3.0 is now released!

http://sedirector.com

Last edited by br5dy; 11-28-2015 at 00:36.
Hefal
Old 11-28-2015 , 22:44   Re: [v3.0] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #537

Quote:
Originally Posted by br5dy View Post
Sorry to keep posting, but new things keep happening!!

Version 3.0 is now released!

http://sedirector.com
Running 3.0. Ive got five installations of seDirector running on five different machines with Windows 10. Every one of the computers still get freezes from time to time. Seems very stable when the computer is left untouched and is at its worst when I use Win remote desktop(mstsc)/teamviewer to control the machines after the servers been running for awhile. Often I can actually see the target machine window freezing in front of my eyes the second I connect remotely.

I want to say, regardless of the above this product has saved med tons of time and protected against loss of traffic compared to before I used it. I still recommend it, although it might be wise to use the older stable version.

Thank you so much.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-28-2015 , 23:18   Re: [v3.0] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefal View Post
Running 3.0. Ive got five installations of seDirector running on five different machines with Windows 10. Every one of the computers still get freezes from time to time. Seems very stable when the computer is left untouched and is at its worst when I use Win remote desktop(mstsc)/teamviewer to control the machines after the servers been running for awhile. Often I can actually see the target machine window freezing in front of my eyes the second I connect remotely.

I want to say, regardless of the above this product has saved med tons of time and protected against loss of traffic compared to before I used it. I still recommend it, although it might be wise to use the older stable version.

Thank you so much.
Glad it's helped you! Send me an email and I'll send you another version to try that I've been testing lately. If it fixes the problem for you it'll become version 3.1.

Thanks!

D4rkl0rd
Old 12-01-2015 , 15:32   Re: [v3.0] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #539

3.0, using Windows 7, still freezing with auto-update installed.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-01-2015 , 21:44   Re: [v3.0] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #540

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rkl0rd View Post
3.0, using Windows 7, still freezing with auto-update installed.
Okay, send me an email and I'll help. [email protected]