Raised This Month: $209 Target: $400
 52% 

Solved server wide choking


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
iGANGNAM
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lithuania
Old 01-16-2021 , 14:26   server wide choking
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

We are facing an issue with server-wide lags. Does anyone know how to identify the issue?

Dedicated server info:
Ram: 16gb used / 32gb total
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor ( 16 threads)
Linux kernel: 5.10.7-xanmod1
Tuned-adm profile: latency-performance
Linux load: load average: 4.19, 4.42, 4.45
14 CS:GO servers
MySQL instance is hosted there too
Using SSD.
1Gbit network
Map download files are on separate host
Playerbase around 80-120 at once on all 14 servers

We mostly see choke like 45-48% when there are 28-40 players on the server is it possible to fix it somehow?
Time from time var increase to 2 but doesn't feel any lag.

__________________

Last edited by iGANGNAM; 01-17-2021 at 12:43.
iGANGNAM is offline
xSLOW
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Romania
Old 01-16-2021 , 18:24   Re: server wide choking
Reply With Quote #2

same problems. i switched to 64 tick and everything seems better
and added those settings to server.cfg:

// Tickrate
sv_maxrate "0"
sv_minrate "0"
sm_cvar sv_maxcmdrate "64"
sv_mincmdrate "64"
sv_minupdaterate "64"
sm_cvar sv_maxupdaterate "64"

does anybody have any ideea? the choke gets bigger when there are more players.
I noticed that changing from my csgo client console the rate to the biggest rate fixed the issue, but i cant increase sv_minrate to that number because of the clients with poor connections.
__________________
My servers:



Contact:
* Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/imslow2k17/
xSLOW is offline
iGANGNAM
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lithuania
Old 01-17-2021 , 07:40   Re: server wide choking
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSLOW View Post
same problems. i switched to 64 tick and everything seems better
and added those settings to server.cfg:

// Tickrate
sv_maxrate "0"
sv_minrate "0"
sm_cvar sv_maxcmdrate "64"
sv_mincmdrate "64"
sv_minupdaterate "64"
sm_cvar sv_maxupdaterate "64"

does anybody have any ideea? the choke gets bigger when there are more players.
I noticed that changing from my csgo client console the rate to the biggest rate fixed the issue, but i cant increase sv_minrate to that number because of the clients with poor connections.
For us 64 tickrate is not solution.
__________________

Last edited by iGANGNAM; 01-17-2021 at 07:40.
iGANGNAM is offline
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Brazil
Old 01-17-2021 , 08:52   Re: server wide choking
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGANGNAM View Post
Hello,

We are facing an issue with server-wide lags. Does anyone know how to identify the issue?

Dedicated server info:
Ram: 16gb used / 32gb total
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor ( 16 threads)
Linux kernel: 5.10.7-xanmod1
Tuned-adm profile: latency-performance
Linux load: load average: 4.19, 4.42, 4.45
14 CS:GO servers
MySQL instance is hosted there too
Using SSD.
1Gbit network
Map download files are on separate host
Playerbase around 80-120 at once on all 14 servers

We mostly see choke like 45-48% when there are 28-40 players on the server is it possible to fix it somehow?
Time from time var increase to 2 but doesn't feel any lag.

As I understand it has 14 servers, correct that?

If you try to shut down all servers and connect 5 to the total see if it already solves.

I'm finding this processor weak for 14 servers, I may be mistaken, but do the test, connect only 5 servers and see if it improves, go on one by one until.
__________________
paulo_crash is offline
ThePwnt
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denmark
Old 01-17-2021 , 09:21   Re: server wide choking
Reply With Quote #5

Does it lag still, if you are running standard kernel without xanmod?
ThePwnt is offline
iGANGNAM
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lithuania
Old 01-17-2021 , 12:43   Re: server wide choking
Reply With Quote #6

Choking was fixed by changing one cvar
sv_minrate 786432
it was 198k before

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
As I understand it has 14 servers, correct that?

If you try to shut down all servers and connect 5 to the total see if it already solves.

I'm finding this processor weak for 14 servers, I may be mistaken, but do the test, connect only 5 servers and see if it improves, go on one by one until.
Processor load is 4.0 so it's not really bad. If it was 8.0+ yes thats is bad.
__________________

Last edited by iGANGNAM; 01-17-2021 at 12:45.
iGANGNAM is offline
asdfxD
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Old 01-17-2021 , 13:37   Re: server wide choking
Reply With Quote #7

Bad idea to force players rate to the highest, lol.. it's not very good for players with a bad connection.

Last edited by asdfxD; 01-17-2021 at 13:38.
asdfxD is offline
Sincronic
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2018
Old 01-17-2021 , 16:37   Re: server wide choking
Reply With Quote #8

There is a fix for Choking server with 32+ slots ? on 128 tickrate ?
Now i have:
Code:
// 128 tick
sv_minrate "0" // Min Rate Value
sv_minrate "786432" // Min Rate Value
sv_maxrate "0" // Max Rate Value
sv_mincmdrate "128" // Min CmdRate
sv_minupdaterate "128" // Min UpdateRate Value
sv_maxupdaterate "128" // Max UpdateRate Value
sm_cvar sv_client_min_interp_ratio "2"
sm_cvar sv_client_max_interp_ratio "2"
sm_cvar net_maxcleartime 0.001
There is like 3-8% choke with ~32 players and more for over 32 players.
Beside on client side at 99999 there is another fix ? For server ?
Sincronic is offline
ThePwnt
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denmark
Old 01-17-2021 , 16:42   Re: server wide choking
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincronic View Post
There is a fix for Choking server with 32+ slots ? on 128 tickrate ?
Now i have:
Code:
// 128 tick
sv_minrate "0" // Min Rate Value
sv_minrate "786432" // Min Rate Value
sv_maxrate "0" // Max Rate Value
sv_mincmdrate "128" // Min CmdRate
sv_minupdaterate "128" // Min UpdateRate Value
sv_maxupdaterate "128" // Max UpdateRate Value
sm_cvar sv_client_min_interp_ratio "2"
sm_cvar sv_client_max_interp_ratio "2"
sm_cvar net_maxcleartime 0.001
There is like 3-8% choke with ~32 players and more for over 32 players.
Beside on client side at 99999 there is another fix ? For server ?
Do you have 2x "minrate" setup? o_o
ThePwnt is offline
asdfxD
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Old 01-17-2021 , 16:52   Re: server wide choking
Reply With Quote #10

just use

sv_minrate "196608" // Min Rate Value
sv_maxrate "786432" or "0"

players who set their own rates wrong, will have choke......

just google it. if i remember, net_splitrate 2 and 2-3 more other cvars fix all choke issues.
asdfxD is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:13.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode