Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

A Friendly Reminder on No-Steam (Split from 1.8.1 Release Thread)

r@fitiiixxx
BANNED
Old 08-21-2008 , 13:27   A Friendly Reminder on No-Steam (Split from 1.8.1 Release Thread)

1st i want to know... why everyone is dying for the web compiler if you can do it locally?

-- well here is my problem... I know that i'm running no-steam but anyway the last 1.8.0 worked perfectly... and yesterday I installed de amxx 1.8.1 and it didn't work properly... I can't compile locally any plugin... and when I put a 3th party plugin, the HLDS gives me an error, like windows error, like windows couldn't open blabla...

so I'm back to 1.8.0 for the moment... if someone can help me i 'll apreciate that... but HELPING is not ACUSSING OF HAVE RUNNIG A NO-STEAM GAME... if you do that i'll ignore you
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-21-2008 , 13:29   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

Quote:
I know that i'm running no-steam
Quote:
the HLDS gives me an error, like windows error
So you are aware that no-steam = no support ?
Old 08-21-2008 , 13:40   arkshine = ass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkshine View Post
So you are aware that no-steam = no support ?
yeah... surely from you. haha... as I said... someone there is a good person... and he/she/it will help me, so you are the one in the cs_rally mod that knew something and didn't post?? haha and you have good karma?? XD amazing...
so:

if i'm more ass i get more karma?? ass = karma??? like u

besides AMX mod X is meant to run in non-steam versions too.. i don't know why you still post back if you aren't helping me... just to make me furious, if i said that i wont be happy with those comments :S
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 08-21-2008 , 14:06   Re: arkshine = ass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r@fitiiixxx View Post
besides AMX mod X is meant to run in non-steam versions too.. i don't know why you still post back if you aren't helping me... just to make me furious, if i said that i wont be happy with those comments :S
AMXx is designed to run on Legal version of Steam and Steam games. If you use it on an illegal copy (like you are), then there are bound to be issues and errors that appear. These errors can not always be fixed as with each instance of the illegal game, something is different.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
r@fitiiixxx
BANNED
Old 08-21-2008 , 14:29   Re: arkshine = ass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
AMXx is designed to run on Legal version of Steam and Steam games. If you use it on an illegal copy (like you are), then there are bound to be issues and errors that appear. These errors can not always be fixed as with each instance of the illegal game, something is different.
well... al least is a friendly coment that informs me... i just don't use STEAM version 'cause here in my country... there are no more than 50 server running steam version... and most of them are laggy HLDS and the server hosts were only for NO-STEAM version... i'm not the one being "cheapy" I just can't afford to use the steam servers when they suck and i can't use HLDS steam if no one enters...
at least you didn't gave me a sermon like arkshine, you helped me with that coment... i knew people isn't so rancor , thanks

another thing... the ultimate plugin?? the zombie plague??? the first time it was tested with a lot of people to see bugs.. was in a NO-STEAM version... you should all thank for that... imperio LNJ was and it's still no-steam... they were the first server running ZP... so, if anyone it's running that plugin... you should know were it came from and we are proud of it
(of course mercylezz give it a try in steam version... i supose it was in his own computer but it's just a suposal...)
_____________________________________________ ___________________________
sry 4 my bad english :S

Last edited by r@fitiiixxx; 08-21-2008 at 14:32.
Arkshine
Old 08-21-2008 , 15:05   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

Thanks for your awesome comment : 'f*** you' . ; we know you, now.

Quote:
al least is a friendly coment that informs me
Quote:
you didn't gave me a sermon like arkshine
I don't see the point to repeat again and again the same thing. There are a TON of posts with this answer. A TON of posts which non-steam server causes problems.. And a TON of users like you who try to argue again and again...

Back to the topic. Thanks for the update. Amxx 1.8.1 works fine on STEAM server...

Last edited by Arkshine; 08-21-2008 at 15:07.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 08-21-2008 , 15:08   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

If You would read about the forum rules, You would know what arkshine meant.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...04&postcount=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull
FOR THE 50 THOUSANDTH TIME: NON-STEAM SERVERS ARE NOT SUPPORTED HERE. If I see a non-steam server AMXx support request consider your thread nuked into oblivion.
He just reported You that fact You shouldn't miss when You were starting to ask for the support for non-steam. There was nothing rude nor offensive in his post. You have right to not understand that, but it is a fact - You will not get any support for non-steam CS at any serious forum. It's because of the fact the lawyers of VALVE would request to close such forum and the founders of such forum like this one doesn't want to risk that. It would kick into the trash many years of work the people here. I hope that clearly describes it for You. In Your country - more than likely 80% of al software is illegal (so for You that's normal), but it's not normal for the rest of world. Modifing the binaries of VALVE violates the rules the game is sale with. Even if You bought legally the game, but You are using the cracked version of it, it's illegal (against the license the game is sale with). I hope that somehow would let You get close to understand our point of view of legacy/licenses etc.

Last edited by KWo; 08-21-2008 at 15:12.
Arkshine
Old 08-21-2008 , 15:10   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

Another useful link : Final word about No-Steam! ^^
Old 08-21-2008 , 19:12   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

thanks KWo... I know you are right... but I don't like the way arkshine made it... i made a post and he practically made an awfull post about that... so i got mad at that... but you should know KWo that you are solving how to make bots for zombie plague... that was first released in a no-steam version... just i want you to have that present... and look at that idiot.. i've bad karma... now... and i don't know what it does but the fack of a person putting bad karma into another again and again.. just remanids me how ass he can be... before my first post i was neutral in green now i'm red and low... thats not ilegal to bother someone with karma thing?? he gave me just 3 times in a row... and I think he will keep doing it... just other thing...
as a no-steam user... i see my self discriminated... so... it's correct if i've a lot of answers to people and i don't post them cause i'm no-steam?? because, i think it's the only way to be like ecuals isn't it?? it's very bothering to see how you can post answers.. but they "can't" (i should say don't want) cause it's ilegal... and i need to be behind bars for this?? or i can just pay a tax ? xD well no more helping posts by me... for the end of the day... i bet you KWo that arshine will take me more "karma" or whatever i need to survive xP (i don't know what is it for :O) i will be only helping no-steam users... = everybody that speak spanish

i saw the arkshine post.. about BAILOPAN... the funny thing.. is that the arguments posted by people in other parts of the world are more intelligent that the ones running steam... i wanted to post back in that section but it was closed :S i supose that BAILOPLAN has been desvirtuated by all the no-steam posts...
i want to say something that in all of those posts i rescue... al the people that uses no-steam believes that using money for buying games that makes you BAD 'cause in fact, intense gamming does a real damage and the only winners in this are sellers that don't care about gammers. VALVE doesn't care about anyone it's supossed... they are a corporation... and if you read those posts someone there posted "for me it is $9USD = phone + inet + something else..." for MEE RAFITIX ITS "120 PESOS = 40USD-inet 2 MB + 100 PESOS = 33USD- phone + 55 PESOS = 20USD aprox celphone =40 + 33 + 20 =93 USD per month while you spend 9 dolars... so i don't give a shit to valve corp for his obsolet product... if you say to me i'm craking the CoD 4 it's another thing... besides.. you say that is ilegal to run no-steam... well in my country it's legal... thats the problem... yeah... besides internet has no boundries... so i'm allowed to request info... cause we aren't in your/my/others country we are on inet... and discrimination is ilegal all over the world...

may be i'm wrong... but for sure no-steam in my country is legal...

i add that there are more users in this forum using no-steam that the one running steam... of course the ones running steam are the ones who makes all the plugins... but... if VALVE or AMXX ban all of us... who do you think will make those awesome ideas in some posts and saying at bottom of forum
sorry for my english i'm "Xcountry" -- %90 of them are no-steam, cause i know it. and... if AMXX want to put only steam users.. why don't they request a cd key?? i don't have one! cause we are more... and we aren't gonna change that...

Last edited by r@fitiiixxx; 08-21-2008 at 20:02. Reason: i forgot something... and CABLE!! | 1 more thing... i keep adding
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 08-21-2008 , 20:09   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

Hi. Stop posting. Thanks.