Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 01-11-2014 , 02:48   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #201

Im just going back to big ballers version, It was the version that worked the best.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 01-11-2014 at 02:48.
ViBE
Old 01-11-2014 , 06:48   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #202

i noticed some bugs on my DM server.

1.) sometimes the vote hangs after the announcer ends the countdown.
2.) rtv command sometimes not working.
3.) sometimes the vote menu appears twice

any ideas?
Send a message via ICQ to ViBE
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 01-11-2014 , 16:23   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViBE View Post
i noticed some bugs on my DM server.

1.) sometimes the vote hangs after the announcer ends the countdown.
2.) rtv command sometimes not working.
3.) sometimes the vote menu appears twice

any ideas?
If your vote menu appears twice, thats a sign of having two voting plugins running at the same time.
Did you disable the default mapchooser plugin ?

I'm not sure why this version is even being used when it has so many things that aren't working correctly and Dynamicbits doesn't seem to have the time to keep it up to date.
Even Bmanns version had some things wrong with it. Bigballers version is the only version that allows the round to be finished before the map change. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=627

[Edit] I have also noticed that none of the deagles map management plugins show up on the rules section of HLSW. it would be nice if server admins who play on other servers could simply check that rules section and find out what versions the other servers are running. I think this should be the default in every amxx plugin.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 01-11-2014 at 16:33.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2014 , 02:43   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #204

DynamicBits, I think it would be awesome if you could add a small API to access various pieces of local information that could be useful in other plugins. Specifically, I've developed a website that allows players to view map images while in-game and if there are nominations, it can show images of those first. Currently, I've embedded the necessary functions into the map chooser plugin (the server that is currently using it is running Deags 3.24). However, it would be much better to have my functions and related cvars in a plugin of its own but need a native to get the currently nominated maps.

So, access to nominated maps would be my request but I'm sure you could create access to other stuff as well (not sure what else people might need).
Old 02-15-2014 , 01:04   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #205

Hello.
Excuse for mistakes, I use the translator.

Request to the developer.
Make please not removal creation of the lastmapsplayed.txt file and its change is simple.
Because for safety of the server, creation and removal of files in the configs folder is forbidden and the attribute of reading on a config files in the folder is put.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2014 , 02:14   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #206

I have my mp_chattime set to 7 in order for other plugins to finish what they do before the map change, but after having installed this version, I noticed that sometimes my server can take up to 14 or 15 seconds to change maps.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 02-15-2014 at 02:14.
DynamicBits
Old 02-19-2014 , 16:09   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by evgeny View Post
How to disable random map vote when server is empty ? I want to use in this situation just a Emptymap Map
See the amx_staytime and amx_emptymap CVARs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evgeny View Post
Why this plugin changing the map when round is not finished ?

How to fix ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUGHOLD View Post
I have the same problem, the plugin will not allow players to finish the last round before map change.
Hmm.. that doesn't sound right. Can both of you please show me the output of the dmap_status command?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a412010 View Post
Report a bug:
If I use this cvar enforce_timelimit 0, sometimes it will re-vote when the extended time is ended.
Just to clarify, is this what is happening?
  1. enforce_timelimit is set to 0
  2. The first vote starts.
  3. Everyone votes to extend
  4. After amx_extendmap_step (15 minutes by default) another vote starts

Quote:
I'm not sure why this version is even being used when it has so many things that aren't working correctly and Dynamicbits doesn't seem to have the time to keep it up to date.
Even Bmanns version had some things wrong with it. Bigballers version is the only version that allows the round to be finished before the map change. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=627
This version has new features and bug fixes that the old versions do not have and I actually support this version. Look at the changelogs for bmann_420's version. You'll notice my name next to every release starting at v3.20. When I started working on this, there were 6 languages (and 1 would crash the server). There are now 16 languages fully supported. The reason this current thread exists was because no one was able to change ownership of that thread so we mutually agreed that a new thread was the best route to take.

Yes, my time is limited. Often times I sit down and dedicate a couple hours to this plugin. First I check this thread, the old thread, and my PMs. Almost every time, I have to answer questions that people ask because they didn't read any of the documentation that I spend a lot of time updating. I have to spend hours tracking down problems that were caused by people only updating some files from the plugin and not others. I have to spend time tracking down problems that are caused by people modifying the dictionary file. I have to spend time investigating some strange behavior someone reported which turns out to be perfectly normal, but they just didn't read the documentation and expected something else to happen. I have to track down weird problems which turn out to be bugs in AMXX itself. I'll report the AMXX bug and usually I will write a patch for it as well. I have to investigate claims (by you) that the Deags_Map_Manage CVAR isn't exported. After all of that, my time is up and I haven't even touched the source code for this plugin. You'll notice I've done things to limit the problems people need to report here like very clear notices when multiple map managers are running, console commands are run from config files, or an incompatible dictionary file is used. I really do want to spend more time on the code and less time supporting issues.

I do appreciate those of you that are helping to answer the questions that others ask here. I might not directly address it, but thank-you!

Quote:
[Edit] I have also noticed that none of the deagles map management plugins show up on the rules section of HLSW. it would be nice if server admins who play on other servers could simply check that rules section and find out what versions the other servers are running. I think this should be the default in every amxx plugin.
Game-Monitor, Game Tracker, and my own testing with HLSW seem to disagree.

With that said, there was a bug in v3.20 to v3.23 where the version might not be shown. I should have caught the problem sooner. Unfortunately, I now have no way of tracking down servers running the affected versions to let the admins know. v3.24 and newer do not have that bug. I'm not sure about older versions as that was before my involvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
DynamicBits, I think it would be awesome if you could add a small API to access various pieces of local information that could be useful in other plugins. Specifically, I've developed a website that allows players to view map images while in-game and if there are nominations, it can show images of those first. Currently, I've embedded the necessary functions into the map chooser plugin (the server that is currently using it is running Deags 3.24). However, it would be much better to have my functions and related cvars in a plugin of its own but need a native to get the currently nominated maps.

So, access to nominated maps would be my request but I'm sure you could create access to other stuff as well (not sure what else people might need).
That sounds reasonable. I'll contact you via PM to work out some details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPASSW View Post
Hello.
Excuse for mistakes, I use the translator.

Request to the developer.
Make please not removal creation of the lastmapsplayed.txt file and its change is simple.
Because for safety of the server, creation and removal of files in the configs folder is forbidden and the attribute of reading on a config files in the folder is put.
Don't worry about the translator. I will make the change you requested.

Quote:
I have my mp_chattime set to 7 in order for other plugins to finish what they do before the map change, but after having installed this version, I noticed that sometimes my server can take up to 14 or 15 seconds to change maps.
I believe it. If you figure out how to fix it before I do, let me know.

--
Andy
ViBE
Old 05-06-2014 , 12:34   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #208

Quote:
If your vote menu appears twice, thats a sign of having two voting plugins running at the same time.
Did you disable the default mapchooser plugin ?

nextmap.amxx and mapchooser.amxx are not running. what else should I do?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2014 , 20:15   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViBE View Post
nextmap.amxx and mapchooser.amxx are not running. what else should I do?
Please show us the output of the following server command:

amxx list
Old 05-06-2014 , 20:25   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Please show us the output of the following server command:

amxx list
Code:
Currently loaded plugins:
       name                    version     author            file             status   
 [  1] Advanced Bans           0.8.1       Exolent           advanced_bans_a  running  
 [  2] Admin Base              1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     admin.amxx       running  
 [  3] Admin Commands          1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     admincmd.amxx    running  
 [  4] Admin Help              1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     adminhelp.amxx   running  
 [  5] Slots Reservation       1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     adminslots.amxx  running  
 [  6] Multi-Lingual System    1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     multilingual.am  running  
 [  7] Menus Front-End         1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     menufront.amxx   running  
 [  8] Commands Menu           1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     cmdmenu.amxx     running  
 [  9] Players Menu            1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     plmenu_ab_base.  running  
 [ 10] Maps Menu               1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     mapsmenu.amxx    running  
 [ 11] Plugin Menu             1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     pluginmenu.amxx  running  
 [ 12] Admin Chat              1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     adminchat.amxx   running  
 [ 13] Anti Flood              1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     antiflood.amxx   running  
 [ 14] Scrolling Message       1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     scrollmsg.amxx   running  
 [ 15] Info. Messages          1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     imessage.amxx    running  
 [ 16] Admin Votes             1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     adminvote.amxx   running  
 [ 17] TimeLeft                1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     timeleft.amxx    running  
 [ 18] Pause Plugins           1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     pausecfg.amxx    running  
 [ 19] Stats Configuration     1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     statscfg.amxx    running  
 [ 20] Restrict Weapons        1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     restmenu.amxx    running  
 [ 21] StatsX                  1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     statsx.amxx      running  
 [ 22] CS Misc. Stats          1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     miscstats.amxx   running  
 [ 23] CS Stats Logging        1.8.2       AMXX Dev Team     stats_logging.a  running  
 [ 24] Admin Spectator ESP     1.5         KoST              admin_spec_esp_  running  
 [ 25] All Chat                1.1         Ian Cammarata     allchat.amxx     running  
 [ 26] Destroy Comand          1.0         M@$t3r_@dy        amx_destroy.amx  running  
 [ 27] AntiCommerce            1.2a        R3X               anticommerce.am  running  
 [ 28] [CS] Team Semiclip      3.0.2       schmurgel1983     cs_team_semicli  running  
 [ 29] DeagsMapManager         3.25Beta    Deags/AMXX Commu  deagsmapmanager  running  
 [ 30] Don't say IPs           0.1         JGHG              dontsayips.amxx  running  
 [ 31] GHW Auto Message Displ  2.1         GHW_Chronic       GHW_Message_Dis  running  
 [ 32] Hide Slash Commands     1.0.0       Kreation          hidecmds.amxx    running  
 [ 33] High Ping Kicker        1.2.2       DynAstY           hpk.amxx         running  
 [ 34] Parachute               1.3 Fixed   KRoT@L/JTP10181   parachute.amxx   running  
 [ 35] Play or Be Kicked       1.5.243     Brad Jones        pbk.amxx         running  
 [ 36] Rate Manager            1.2         Marach            rate_manager_am  running  
 [ 37] Reset Score             1.0         Silenttt          resetscore.amxx  running  
 [ 38] CSDM Main               2.1.3c      CSDM Team         csdm_main.amxx   running  
 [ 39] CSDM Equip              2.1.3c      CSDM Team         csdm_equip.amxx  running  
 [ 40] CSDM Spawns             2.1.3c      CSDM Team         csdm_spawn_pres  running  
 [ 41] CSDM Misc               2.1.3c      CSDM Team         csdm_misc.amxx   running  
 [ 42] CSDM Stripper           2.1.3c      KWo               csdm_stripper.a  running  
 [ 43] CSDM Protection         2.1.3c      BAILOPAN          csdm_protection  running  
 [ 44] CSDM FFA                2.1.3c      CSDM Team         csdm_ffa.amxx    paused   
 [ 45] CSDM Item Mode          2.1.3c      FALUCO & KWo & S  csdm_itemmode.a  paused   
 [ 46] CDSM Stop Respawn       1.0         teame06           csdm_stop_respa  paused   
 [ 47] CSDM Ticketing          2.1.3c      BAILOPAN          csdm_tickets.am  paused   
 [ 48] CSDM Spawn Editor       2.1.3c      CSDM Team         spawn_editor.am  paused   
48 plugins, 43 running