thanks...
WildSoft
Old 03-11-2009 , 09:31   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Owyn. View Post
Bugsy, "slay" isn't a kind of damage ^__^
some skills doesn't do damage, they just kills
Well stated point I don't know what kind of function this skill use, but I believe it's the slay function. Not sure thou. Not a big issue, if I see it happen again I will report it.

I had a thought, what if you move all the cvars into a config-file instead? This would make it even easier to set up the plugin. You can check out Brads Galileo mapplugin. He has solved it quite nicely I think =) A config-file with detailed description for all the settings in a nice format.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-11-2009 , 10:14   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSoft View Post
Well stated point I don't know what kind of function this skill use, but I believe it's the slay function. Not sure thou. Not a big issue, if I see it happen again I will report it.

I had a thought, what if you move all the cvars into a config-file instead? This would make it even easier to set up the plugin. You can check out Brads Galileo mapplugin. He has solved it quite nicely I think =) A config-file with detailed description for all the settings in a nice format.
I thought about that and probably will since there are so many cvars. I also thought about making a little GUI app to configure the plugin.
Old 03-11-2009 , 15:20   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
I thought about that and probably will since there are so many cvars. I also thought about making a little GUI app to configure the plugin.
I would suggest against creating an app just to configure this plugin, or any other plugin. As much as one might think it would make life easier for server ops, it just adds more complexity. A stand-alone file containing the CVARs would be enough, especially if the CVARs are well-documented.
Old 03-11-2009 , 21:36   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #565

At work I realized this... also, people would be nervous (as I am) running an executable. I will just do the single file and try to comment each cvar as much as possible.
Old 03-12-2009 , 15:34   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
At work I realized this... also, people would be nervous (as I am) running an executable. I will just do the single file and try to comment each cvar as much as possible.
Yes. Because some people just bloat their plugins with unnecessary stuff and "official sites".
Pamaliska
Old 03-13-2009 , 04:31   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #567

Just to add my 2 cents.
The other day I joined my server and noticed an obvious aimer. Seeing that, I applied the aim check on him and he had to shoot that bot four times. To my deep believe, it is way too many. As some of the cheaters disconnect after the second bot being spawned, simply because they start to realise what is going on.
So I adjusted the system to apply only two checks, and it did the trick - I finally have some detections.
However, I notice that it takes some time for the sytem to initiate the checks, some of them play up to 80 and only then get checked.
My suggestion would be to devise some method of checking players' aim moves and then apply the bot check if the moves resemble aimbot moves, so not to completely rely on "hit place" method when triggering the check.
I know there is a metamod plugin that analyzes those kind of moves and gives a probability percentage.

http://fly.cc.fer.hr/~hrvoje/projects/antiaim/

Last edited by Pamaliska; 03-13-2009 at 04:36.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2009 , 13:11   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #568

an admin on my server just told me the plugin at some point starts to detect everyone - well, at least it applies the punishment (i got it set to "shoot blanks by ip") to everyone while there is no detection in the log file or any message that someone was detected. instead i find an error message in the AMXX log, probably at the time the problem started again.
Code:
L 03/15/2009 - 16:09:16: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/15/2009 - 07:24:47: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/14/2009 - 23:22:36: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/14/2009 - 21:55:38: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/14/2009 - 21:25:55: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/14/2009 - 15:20:39: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/14/2009 - 15:17:19: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/14/2009 - 10:02:55: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
until now we have only noticed this problem on one of my 3 CS servers, although i find this error message in the log of all my servers. of course it could still be a coincidence and the log message does not have anything to do with the problem.

i now added the debug flag and will report again as soon as i have a detailed error mesage. until then: anyone else had such a problem already?
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-15-2009 , 14:50   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
an admin on my server just told me the plugin at some point starts to detect everyone - well, at least it applies the punishment (i got it set to "shoot blanks by ip") to everyone while there is no detection in the log file or any message that someone was detected. instead i find an error message in the AMXX log, probably at the time the problem started again.
Code:
L 03/15/2009 - 16:09:16: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/15/2009 - 07:24:47: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/14/2009 - 23:22:36: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/14/2009 - 21:55:38: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/14/2009 - 21:25:55: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/14/2009 - 15:20:39: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/14/2009 - 15:17:19: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 03/14/2009 - 10:02:55: [AMXX] Run time error 4 (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx") - debug not enabled!
until now we have only noticed this problem on one of my 3 CS servers, although i find this error message in the log of all my servers. of course it could still be a coincidence and the log message does not have anything to do with the problem.

i now added the debug flag and will report again as soon as i have a detailed error mesage. until then: anyone else had such a problem already?
Ok, thank you xor. Run time error 4 is an index out of bounds error which is usually an easy fix. Please let me know the error line as soon as you find it so I can repair the code.

@owyn, I can't play your demo, I get this error. "Demo file protocols 47:5, Engine protocol is at 48:5"

Last edited by Bugsy; 03-15-2009 at 15:10.
Pamaliska
Old 03-15-2009 , 15:29   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #570

use play, not viewdemo