Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

ForgiveTK

Post New Thread Reply   

andre31
Old 12-29-2005 , 09:16  
Reply With Quote #11

well, whenever i have the plugin in on i get the error message and it never enables vac, i dont even get the vac disabled message in server console like you normally get when vac failed to load.

edit. im running cvarbloker and BAT.
Monkwarrior
Old 01-02-2006 , 09:02   results of testing
Reply With Quote #12

Ok we tested the forgivetk-plugin.
We tested it with a HL2DM-based mod.

Here are our results, features and bugs (it's how you want it to be of course).

1) if a player has commited some teamkills he can disconnect and reconnect to the server. His teamkill-record is clean then and he can continue teamkilling. I suggest you use the steamID for identifying players and not the userid. Either that or records are not remembered correctly.

2) When TK-ing occurs the big RED message is shown to ALL players in the server. It should be displayed only to the teamkiller. The message has a nice counter in it 1/3 etc, but the [forgivetk] brackets are not very usefull to show. It would be a nice-to-have if this message was a variable too. If not filled then show the current message as a default.

3) after x-teamwounds they are ugraded to a teamkill => very nice mechanism. Too bad that if the last victim of teamwounding forgives the attacker all upgraded teamwounds are forgiven. The victim can only forgive the teamkill which in fact was put together of multiple teamwounds to other players. So one player can forgive all teamwounds of other victims by forgiving the teamkill. I don't think that is how its meant to be.

4) If an attacker is kicked because he broke the TK-limit, the victim shouln't get a message to forgive him. After all that's of no use any more.

5) The message shown to the victim is like this now:
[Forgivetk]You can forgive np for kiling you by saying 'say forgivetk' or 'say D$8j"G'
There are several things wrong here.
a) we used as custom forgive message (ftk_teamkillcustom) "np". In the message the name of the attacker is filled with this custom forgive message.
b) the [forgivetk] string seems a bit technical and not very usefull. I suggest loosing it.
c) if others want to use forgivetk as a string to forgive attackers, they should fill their custom text with it. Offering several options is confusing even more with displaying them. I suggest the text to be like this: "You can forgive your attacker by typing <insert ftk_teamkillcustom here>". Just keep it simple

6) kicking players with too many TK's seems to work , but not always.
Especially when the teamwound limit is set to lower values like 2 or 3. Needs some more testing

7) banning (ftk_action > 0) doesn't work at all

As you can see I'm all for customizing messages. So all admins can make their own atmosphere in their own servers.
Monkwarrior
Old 01-03-2006 , 09:09  
Reply With Quote #13

Results of the latest build:

1) Stil bugged (see above)
2) solved
3) In fact you cann't forgive a teamwound now. If that's intended then I suggest you loose the forgive string for teamwounds. Forgiving accumulated teamwounds (= a TK) should also NOT be possible in that case IMO.
4) solved
5) solved (sort of)
6) solved
7) banning (ftk_action > 0) doesn't work at all, it kicks players but doesn't ban them

General suggestion
We suggest you make ALL player-text-interaction with servervariables. After all this plugin will be used in many countries and they might want to have warnings and messages in their own language (I am certain the french will love this ;-) ).
All english speaking admins can adjust your default warnings in server.cfg. And yes you could provide that forgivetk always works as forgiving string, just dont force it in the text, let admins do that, it's their tool
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 01-07-2006 , 15:50  
Reply With Quote #14

posted updated version of 1.0.0 release compiled against sourcemm 1.2 redownload whne you update.

Also a new version is comming, just need some final beta testing
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2006 , 15:46  
Reply With Quote #15

Posted beta of 1.1
Quote:
- Added: ftk_action cvar ( What action is taken when a player goes above his allowed TK count )
- Added: ftk_teamkillcustom cvar ( A custom text to be used in chat text to forgive team kills, only updated on mapchange )
- Added: ftk_teamattackcustom ( A custom text to be used in chat text to forgive team attack, only updated on mapchange )
- added: ftk_spawnprotection If a player is attacked inside this time, the attacker is instantly slayed ( if on the same team )
- Added: hl2dm Based mods show some of the text messages in a red font center of screen
- Fixed: Plugin could assume clients where still connected after mapchange
- Fixed: Plugins would get a team attack when killing someone
- Changed: Plugin now follows source maxplayers ( 255 )
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2006 , 05:39  
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
FTK 1.1.1
- Fixed: Menu would show messy long text when punishment was slap
- Removed: Debug message priting everythime a menu was shown
Toxicity
Old 02-07-2006 , 17:03  
Reply With Quote #17

EKS, do you think there would be a way to have this log the tk's? So it keeps track from map to map/day to day? We've already seen people go crazy with the tk's at the end of a map (within 1 of ban) and the get a fresh start on the next map....

btw, awesome plugin..
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2006 , 19:39  
Reply With Quote #18

Just to let others know ( I talked to Mosalar on irc)

I may in the future add that TK / TA are removed after a certain time. Your TK is automaticly remove after 30 min instead of after a mapchange like its now.
If i do this all depends on how much time i have, and how many ppl use the plugin.
[FON]BlackHole
Old 02-07-2006 , 20:53  
Reply With Quote #19

I use it...and I'd be even happier to use it if that was implemented. =)

Keep up the good work, EKS!
andre31
Old 02-14-2006 , 16:59  
Reply With Quote #20

ive just loaded it on a dods server

ok spawn protection only works after a player has tk'd then it reverts back to not being on