Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

server client speed glitch

Post New Thread Reply   

Infamanious
Old 06-08-2022 , 18:49   server client speed glitch
Reply With Quote #1

After about a day or two of uptime clients experience movement speed tenfold similar to having sv_airaccelerate -100. Sv_airaccelerate is at 10 and i can't think of any other cvars that might be causing this. Also, the problem cant be fixed unless hlds.exe task is killed and restarted since a changelevel command or restart wont do anything. Im currently doing a diagnostic with disabling different plugins but i'd like to know if this issue is a known bug.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 06-08-2022 , 19:26   Re: server client speed glitch
Reply With Quote #2

Old bots like Botman's or close to it are affected. Lower sys_ticrate like 35 might control it in the meantime until you get rid of whatever is doing it. Best of luck.
Old 06-12-2022 , 00:40   Re: server client speed glitch
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Old bots like Botman's or close to it are affected. Lower sys_ticrate like 35 might control it in the meantime until you get rid of whatever is doing it. Best of luck.
heh, out of the 900 maps i finally found a map that was setting sv_friction to -50. smh. I have my sys_ticrate to 1000 btw. Even with HL boost it can't get past 700 lol. Im thinking about switching over to debian for the real -pingboost.