Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANTIHACK] Developing SMAC Wrapper (no longer public)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2014 , 11:40   [ANTIHACK] Developing SMAC Wrapper (no longer public)

Due to the new recent hacks able to bypass some of my anti-hack features special to Anti-Hack, I have removed the github repository and have gone private with the version I'm working on.

If your a legit Server Owner whom has been operating servers for at least two years or longer, you can notify me that you would like a private copy.

I want to keep this source-code under wraps, as I do not want any of the hacking software companies knowing how I write my code.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 03-03-2015 at 21:21. Reason: my spelling :/
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-24-2014 , 16:01   Re: [ANTIHACK] Developing SMAC Wrapper (not ready yet, but here is the info)

Nothing is more frightening than an "antihack" package written by an incompetent software developer that has no idea what they're doing.
Old 09-24-2014 , 17:20   Re: [ANTIHACK] Developing SMAC Wrapper (not ready yet, but here is the info)

What VoiDeD is not telling you is that we had a conversation in IRC about how hacking works and from which he decided that I am not "competent" enough to do that specific task.

I do here by declare I was not under the influence of the "Dunning–Kruger effect" but "lacking enough knowledge" to publish a software that would replace SMAC. I was seeking to replace it, but instead I plan to just create something that uses it.

That is why I am creating Anti-Hack. It uses SMAC as Detections and then does something about it other than having the option to "ban" or "kick". I would like to offer a different option that has not yet been offered to the public. To track, monitor, report, and perform certain tasks while the hacking user is in your server that has not been offered in a single plugin in sourcemod.

I am not seeking to replace SMAC with this plugin. It is more like an extension of SMAC.

I will keep the plugin in GitHub and only publish it officially on SourceMod if it gets enough attention and public support. How to support? Just create a account at https://github.com, then (STAR) https://github.com/War3Evo/Anti-Hack/stargazers or (WATCH) https://github.com/War3Evo/Anti-Hack/watchers my Anti-Hack plugin.

By the way, currently Antihack is still being developed and not yet ready yet.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 03-14-2015 at 18:15.
Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2014 , 17:47   Re: [ANTIHACK] Developing SMAC Wrapper (not ready yet, but here is the info)

If you want someone to watch or follow your repository, you should work on more descriptive commit messages.
Trust me, you will thank yourself later if you follow the basic guidelines for small, clean but descriptive commits.
Another thing you might want to do is to check that your plugin compiles before you commit it.

Last edited by Impact123; 09-24-2014 at 17:57.
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2014 , 17:57   Re: [ANTIHACK] Developing SMAC Wrapper (not ready yet, but here is the info)

Impact123,

That is understandable, but currently it hasn't met ready yet. I'm just throwing in as much as possible as quickly as possible for the first version.

The first version hasn't been produced yet, so.. is the reason for just saying "update" or "new". As there is a ton of misc. stuff being adding and adjusted as it is being ported over.

I will be more descriptive on what I'm adding on future posts.

Currently, the plugin will not compile until I release a "first version" for it.

The version I already have made and is being used (as it was embeded in War3Source code and needs to be ported over) which has been working for the past 2 years. There is a ton of stuff to throw together :/

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 09-24-2014 at 18:50. Reason: removed the full quote
DoPe^
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2014 , 09:36   Re: [ANTIHACK] Developing SMAC Wrapper (not ready yet, but here is the info)

Nvm :p

Last edited by DoPe^; 09-26-2014 at 09:37.
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2014 , 22:37   Re: [ANTIHACK] Developing SMAC Wrapper (not ready yet, but here is the info)

I decided not to make it a SMAC wrapper, but instead it will import code from SMAC and contain copyright headers for both SMAC and Kigen.

This will allow me full control over the development and modification of SMAC code within Anti-Hack.

I've not decided if I would implement the "whole SMAC" library or not. Anti-Hack doesn't rely on the whole library, but only a few of the modules.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 03-14-2015 at 18:15.
coolmans
Old 01-23-2015 , 02:40   Re: [ANTIHACK] Developing SMAC Wrapper (not ready yet, but here is the info)

how is work?
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 01-24-2015 , 13:38   Re: [ANTIHACK] Developing SMAC Wrapper (not ready yet, but here is the info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmans View Post
how is work?
Sorry its been a month or two, and I've temporarily stopped working on the project due to lack of interest from other individuals.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 01-24-2015 at 13:39. Reason: spelling
Dragonskin
Old 02-03-2015 , 18:46   Re: [ANTIHACK] Developing SMAC Wrapper (not ready yet, but here is the info)

We are all interested, specially if an update to the [smac] is in the making...
Closed Thread