Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Completely Unloaded AmxModx from Metamod

Post New Thread Reply   

snaggle22
Old 07-12-2005 , 11:25   Completely Unloaded AmxModx from Metamod
Reply With Quote #1

Ok, There have been a few similar posts to the one I am fixing to post but none of them fix my problem.

Basically, this is what I would like to do.....Once I do a 'rcon exec server.cfg', for whatever config file I want, I want amxmodx to completely unload, not even be running. Amx_on 0 or amx_off does not accomplish this b/c the damn stats thing still runs for some reason and the only way, i have found as of right now, to get rid or amxmodx temporarily is to go into plugins.ini in the metamod dir. and putting // in front of the amxmodx line and then restarting the server

I don't want to have to do that everytime I don't want to have to do that every time I want to change server configs. I think this may have something to do w/ specifying a dif. plugins.ini file under metamod for different server config files but I am not sure. I tried reading the metamod faq and manual but it isn't very clear.

Right now I am running the most recent veersions of metamod and amxmodx on my linux server. Please help! I would really appreciate it. I am basically doing this so when I exec my league or clan practice configs, amxmodx turns off all together when the map is restarted or changed. I am pretty sure it is impossible to add lines in each server config file to accomplish this since the metamod is loaded first before executing the particlar server config (i think).

I will say again, amx_on 0 and/or amx_off is not what I am looking for b/c it is still running somehow. I still hear 'multi-kill' and 'head-shot' w/ stats popping up all over the place. And no, I do not have any sort of extra stats plugins. and no, i don't want to have to go to the amxmodx menu ingame every time and go to the stats menu and change like the 20 variables in there. Thanks in advance
Send a message via AIM to snaggle22
D_Hawk
Veteran Member
Old 07-12-2005 , 11:38  
Reply With Quote #2

Try:

meta pause amxmodx

PS. amx_on amx_off
snaggle22
Old 07-12-2005 , 11:46  
Reply With Quote #3

I don't think amxmodx can be paused using metamod. It is either on or off, just like foxbot. foxbot cannot be on or off either. Basically all these issues come to one main issue....in my post that can be read here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...hlight=metamod

thanks for the advice though.....I think it may have something to do w/ metamod and i cant find metamod forums and the documents for it aren't very in depth
WaZZeR++
Veteran Member
Old 07-12-2005 , 12:14  
Reply With Quote #4

did you try to pause it?
try
Code:
amx_rcon meta pause amxmodx_mm.dll
if you want to start it agen you need to use rcon...
Send a message via MSN to WaZZeR++
snaggle22
Old 07-12-2005 , 12:19  
Reply With Quote #5

ok so in my specific server cfg file(s) I can do

meta pause amxmodx_mm_i386.so

in the configs I don't want amxmodx running and

meta unpause amxmodx_mm_i386.so

in each server config that I want amxmodx running?

THe problem is, I dont think that amxmodx can just be paused like that since is is loaded via metamod and metamod loads all its plugins, etc before any server cfg is activated?
WaZZeR++
Veteran Member
Old 07-12-2005 , 12:23  
Reply With Quote #6

yes you can pause meta plugins, and have you still not try to do it?
Send a message via MSN to WaZZeR++
snaggle22
Old 07-12-2005 , 12:45   Here is the problem
Reply With Quote #7

Well the problem is I am at work right now and can't access steam, hlsw, or basically anything to control my server ATM. I can, however, access my server via the ftp (i guess port 21 is open here at work) so i have to wait till later on to try all these commands.

I DO know, for a fact, that some plugins via metamod are not pauseable (such as bunnyjump and foxbot) as I tried pausing them last night....I will try the meta pause for the amxmodx later on but doubt it will work :-(