Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Survivor Set Flow Fix (August 30th, 2023)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Technical/Development
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
Servers with this Plugin:
Plugin Description:
Fixes oddities when playing with an unintended survivor set in campaigns
Old 08-19-2022 , 21:10   [L4D2] Survivor Set Flow Fix (August 30th, 2023)
Reply With Quote #1

Survivor Set Flow Fix
This plugin fixes oddities when playing with an unintended survivor set in campaigns.

This plugin fixes the following:
  • Custom maps often detect which survivor triggered some button or sequence to play certain conversation lines, however in many custom maps important events are bound by these conversations happening so if, for example, Nick activates a radio on a map with the L4D1 survivor set, the map would softlock because the entity flow never considered Nick. The fix is done by manipulating the filter_activator_model's logic (the entity used most of the time to check the survivor), so it would also fix problems if your server has custom models.
  • If a campaign sequence has a func_orator entity managing survivor conversations, whenever an unintended survivor activates it, it would keep playing conversations as if the event would never had happened. For example: Survivors keep telling to turn off the alarm in the second map of The Parish, or most radios keep asking if there's anyone alive when activated (All official campaigns).

Note that if your server has survivors with the m_survivorCharacter value higher than 7, they will be considered as Nick/Bill.

ConVars
  • sm_l4d2_triggerflowfix_enabled
    • Determines if the plugin should try to fix this flow or not.
      • Default: 1

Changelog
    • Fixed the plugin not working if, for some reason, it loads after Left 4 DHooks Direct. Thanks Silvers for the fix.
      • Upgrading from an older version requires Left 4 DHooks Direct 1.135 or newer.
    • The plugin now fully fixes the oddities with func_orator (Most official maps)
    • Plugin renamed to Survivor Set Flow Fix (from Trigger Flow Flix) to better represent the original problem the plugin aims to fix. The plugin filename is kept the same for legacy purposes.
    • Initial Release

Dependencies
Supported Games
  • Left 4 Dead 2 only

Download and Source Code:

This project is now on GitHub. You can also see the project's changelog, report issues and being able to download pre-release (development) versions.

Latest Stable Version
All Versions (Including Pre-Release)

Download from AlliedModders:

You may need to download the .sp file and compile the plugin yourself if AlliedModders forum compiler lacks the necessary includes to provide you with a working binary.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_trigger_flow_fix.sp - 282 views - 7.5 KB)

Last edited by gabuch2; 08-30-2023 at 00:12.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2022 , 21:18   Re: [L4D2] Trigger Flow Fix
Reply With Quote #2

You'll need to add a compiled version to the OP because the auto compiler doesn't have DHooks.
Old 08-19-2022 , 21:28   Re: [L4D2] Trigger Flow Fix
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
You'll need to add a compiled version to the OP because the auto compiler doesn't have DHooks.
Not happening.
Old 08-19-2022 , 21:39   Re: [L4D2] Trigger Flow Fix
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabuch2 View Post
Odd, thought they changed policies on that a while ago because people were uploading both the compiled version alongside the source. Thanks anyways and I'll just have to do it locally
Old 08-20-2022 , 15:23   Re: [L4D2] Trigger Flow Fix
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Left4DHooks*

Quote:
Odd, thought they changed policies on that a while ago because people were uploading both the compiled version alongside the source. Thanks anyways and I'll just have to do it locally
I think it has changed, you can upload a compiled version, we have Lysis to reverse the binary and compare with the source. Still recommend locally compiling from unknown authors or those without a reputation.
Old 09-11-2022 , 15:52   Re: [L4D2] Trigger Flow Fix
Reply With Quote #6

Does not work with custom models.
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-11-2022 , 18:37   Re: [L4D2] Trigger Flow Fix
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaven555 View Post
Does not work with custom models.
Can you give more context? This plugin was tested extensively on a heavily modded server, including survivors with custom models.

In case your server modifies the m_survivorCharacter prop of the player, the action would default to Nick/Bill.
Old 09-12-2022 , 05:04   Re: [L4D2] Trigger Flow Fix
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Can you give more context? This plugin was tested extensively on a heavily modded server, including survivors with custom models.

In case your server modifies the m_survivorCharacter prop of the player, the action would default to Nick/Bill.
I have rebuilt models on the server and my own plugin to select them. On the map "Death Toll" I start the radio, while I have a custom model (based on the l4d2 set). The radio continues to speak after the ending trigger is triggered.
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-13-2022 , 11:42   Re: [L4D2] Trigger Flow Fix
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaven555 View Post
I have rebuilt models on the server and my own plugin to select them. On the map "Death Toll" I start the radio, while I have a custom model (based on the l4d2 set). The radio continues to speak after the ending trigger is triggered.
hmm... I was led to believe it would be fixed but turns out this wouldn't fix this issue in official maps because those use func_orator as a way to determine the proper response. I'm updating the OP to avoid further confusion.

For me to fix this specific issue I need a way of hooking entity inputs since I needed to change the m_survivorCharacter value of the player on SpeakResponseConcept.
Old 09-13-2022 , 12:00   Re: [L4D2] Trigger Flow Fix
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
hmm... I was led to believe it would be fixed but turns out this wouldn't fix this issue in official maps because those use func_orator as a way to determine the proper response. I'm updating the OP to avoid further confusion.

For me to fix this specific issue I need a way of hooking entity inputs since I needed to change the m_survivorCharacter value of the player on SpeakResponseConcept.
Excellent. We are waiting for corrections. I hope everything works out for you. A very useful plugin.