Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)

Post New Thread Reply   

Marverlous
Old 05-22-2015 , 00:38   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #201

It seems that the cooldown only applies to the one player that started the vote. Could you add a cvar that make the vote unavailable to anyone for a set period of time after it started?

also, as mentioned above, would it be possible to make the vote trigger work for automatic plugin such as Round Timer?
Old 05-30-2015 , 02:13   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordone View Post
Hello,
I hope somebody understand what goes wrong on my sever
I`m running cs source dedicated in ubuntu.

I have downloaded (page one) and copied them to correct folders
customvotes.phrases.txt
customvotes.cfg
customvotes-redux.smx

When I try to say list, map or player when I play on the server nothing happens...

I got some errors when I start up th e server after I added the three files:

(*Custom Votes*), (*Change the map*), (*{*), (*options*),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file addons/sourcemod/configs/customvotes.cfg
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file addons/sourcemod/configs/customvotes.cfg
L 05/19/2015 - 199:29: [customvotes-redux.smx] Configuration file addons/sourcemod/configs/customvotes.cfg loaded.

I have somebody have time to look at it and come with some feedback, this addon can make by day or us

These errors are due to double-quoting in the customvotes.cfg file. Looks for those double quotes and remove them. I just experienced the same issue while trying out this plugin.

If the author of this plugin is here, he needs to read this and fix the example config file. The file is very broken. For example, the "Ban player" command is broken and could never possibly work.

While at it, might I suggest removing/fixing the crazy looking tab usage on the top documentation part of the file. Try and make the file readable with a 80-column output, even if you have to reformat the whole thing. Not that I want to sound ungrateful or bossy. Seems like a great plugin so far. I plan to add a voteslap command.

EDIT: Just take that config file down. It's uberbroken. It's sorta a good example, but it has so many errors that I started over from scratch.

Last edited by jmomo; 06-02-2015 at 02:27. Reason: update: that .cfg file is worse than I originally thought
jmomo
Old 06-02-2015 , 06:12   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #203

I note that for a "players" type vote, it is not possible to cast a vote against yourself.

I propose that this should be an option. In some cases, it may be useful for a player to be able to start a vote against themselves. For example, to give themselves admin (voteadmin) or maybe I just want to be able to votekick myself.

I should have the right to be able to kick myself if I want to! =)
stebrickboy
Old 06-16-2015 , 23:30   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #204

I used both Custom Vote and this Redex. Overall this plugin works well. However, after repeated testing (on L4D2), it appears to me that there are certain fundamental and inherent flaws within this plugin:-

1. Unfortunately there are great limits on the length of the vote's name. If the name of the vote is too long, it would simply chop the name shorter and doesn't show the remaining part of it on the vote panel.

2. After a vote is passed, the vote panel still shows up (it only disappears after certain period) even for those who haven't voted before. They could still be able to vote during which the vote panel shows up notwithstanding the vote has passed. If they still choose to vote by then, it would show in chat that the vote failed even though it had already been passed before!! Really stupid!

3. For the vote of "simple" type, the call_notify simply doesn't work at all, In other words, it couldn't show whether the voter voted for yes or no.

4. In yes/no voting, the pass_notify couldn't show the vote_amount and vote_required. Only fail_notify does.

Further, am i right that there is still no way to disable spectators' right to vote? You know, spectators should be expected to spec only but not to participate in the voting decision in any aspect. - it's not their game after all. I hope this basic function could be included in this plugin.

I like this plugin and this is why I do the testing and commenting stuff.

Last edited by stebrickboy; 06-17-2015 at 08:59. Reason: Typo
stebrickboy
Old 06-16-2015 , 23:39   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmomo View Post
I note that for a "players" type vote, it is not possible to cast a vote against yourself.

I propose that this should be an option. In some cases, it may be useful for a player to be able to start a vote against themselves. For example, to give themselves admin (voteadmin) or maybe I just want to be able to votekick myself.

I should have the right to be able to kick myself if I want to! =)
I agree with your proposal. I dun know the purpose of specifically excluding a player to cast a vote against himself. E.g. you are in spectators slot and you may want to join and be swapped into the player teams by vote. If someone unfortunately voted to kick himself by mistake, it is his bad luck and carelessness and he cannot blame the plugin at all. Further, the exclusion makes testing more difficult on the player-type votes as it basically requires other people to stay in the server for being able to pass the vote.

Last edited by stebrickboy; 06-16-2015 at 23:40.
stebrickboy
Old 06-23-2015 , 00:36   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #206

I believe the call-notify bugs over simple-type vote is due to the following error whenever such type of vote is passed.

Quote:
L 06/23/2015 - 12:290: [SM] Native "GetConVarBool" reported: Invalid convar handle 0 (error 4)
L 06/23/2015 - 12:290: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "customvotes_redux.smx":
L 06/23/2015 - 12:290: [SM] [0] Line 1545, customvotes_redux.sp::VoteHandler_Simple()
Please kindly fix it
klapo
Old 07-05-2015 , 21:46   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #207

Is this working for everyone fine?
Try multiple times.

I have problem after 3-4 times, changes are ignored...
Quote:
"Set bots"
{
"type" "list"
"vote" "1"
"ratio" "0.6"
"minimum" "1"
"command" "bot_quota {OPTION_RESULT}"
"options"
{
"disable bots" "0"
"2 bots" "2"
"4 bots" "4"
"8 bots" "8"
"10 bots" "10"
}
"start_notify" "[SM] {VOTER_NAME} ({VOTER_STEAMID}) started a vote to set bot_quota to {OPTION_NAME}."
"call_notify" "[SM] Voted for {OPTION_NAME}."
"pass_notify" "[SM] Vote passed."
"fail_notify" "[SM] Vote failed. Received: {VOTE_AMOUNT} Required: {VOTE_REQUIRED}"
"chattrigger" "bots"
}
also, is this possible to vote for turning on/off password? that way so user don't know it.

Last edited by klapo; 07-05-2015 at 21:49.
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 07-22-2015 , 02:11   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #208

Pushed an update...
  • Updated to use GetClientAuthId
  • Added version that uses NativeVotes
Vastrix
Old 07-28-2015 , 08:36   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #209

Hey,

Question:
How would one do something like:
Code:
"voteban"
	{
		"title"		"Ban #1 for 60 min #2"
		"type"		"confirm"
		"command"	"sm_ban_auto #1 60 \"#2\""
		"percent"	"90"
		"params"
		{
			"1"			"player"
			"2"	
			{
			    "for Hacking"       "Hacking"
				"for being racist"  "Racism"
				"for Spamming"      "Spamming"
			}
		}
	}
with the redux version?
because it looks like you can't.. :S

If these things(Multiple options(with predefined lists like "player")) aren't possible then i'd like to put it up for a feature request
because this would otherwise sincerely limit the creativity/possibilities..

Thanks!

Last edited by Vastrix; 07-28-2015 at 09:32.
Vastrix
Old 07-28-2015 , 09:08   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #210

Another thingy..

Code:
	"Change the difficulty"
	{
		"type"			"list"
		"vote"			"1"
		"ratio"			"0.5"
		"command"		"tf_mvm_popfile {CURRENT_MAP_NAME} {OPTION_RESULT}"
		"options"
		{
			"Normal"			".pop"
			"Intermediate"		"_intermediate.pop"
			"Advanced"			"_advanced.pop"
		}
		"call_notify"	"[SM] Vote cast for {yes|no}."
		"pass_notify"	"[SM] Vote passed."
		"fail_notify"	"[SM] Vote failed. Received: {VOTE_AMOUNT} Required: {VOTE_REQUIRED}"
	}
looks like it's not working either.. :s

Also:
  • Also {VOTE_AMOUNT} and {VOTE_REQUIRED}, don't work when called in pass_notify

Basically: Is there a way to put "quotes" in a command? And will the variables still be translated when put inside them?

Last edited by Vastrix; 07-28-2015 at 09:31.