- Allows players press Shift + R to switch between Primary Ammo and Upgraded Ammo.
- Allows players to carry both upgrade ammo types (Incendiary and Explosive).
- Both upgrade ammo types keep with the weapon when it's dropped.
- Upgraded ammo is carried over map transitions or restarts (only in coop/realism modes).
- This plugin was really complicated to write (5 re-writes) due to multiple ammo bug issues with the engine.
- strikeraot - For tons of testing and the idea and request.
- Lux and MasterMind420 - For putting up with my rage while trying to figure out ammo bug issues.
Saved to l4d2_switch_ammo.cfg
in your servers \left4dead\cfg\sourcemod\
// 0=Plugin off, 1=Plugin on.
// Display a hint when taking upgrade ammo about how to use the plugin. 0=Off. 1=Print to Chat. 2=Hint text.
// Turn on the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = all).
// Turn off the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = none).
// Turn on the plugin in these game modes. 0=All, 1=Coop, 2=Survival, 4=Versus, 8=Scavenge. Add numbers together.
// Switch Ammo Types plugin version.
- Now uses the new forward provided by "Save Weapon" plugin modified by "HarryPotter". Requires version "5.4" or newer.
- For compatibility with both plugins to work together. Thanks to "HarryPotter" for supporting.
- Supported plugin can be found here: https://github.com/fbef0102/L4D2-Plugins/tree/master/l4d2_ty_saveweapons
- Added support for "L4D2 coop save weapon" version by "HarryPotter".
- Removed support for [l4d2] Save Weapon (Co-op)" plugin by "maks".
- Changes to prevent giving upgraded ammo when someone respawns.
- Fixed not restoring map transitioned ammo on round restart. Thanks to "swiftswing1" for reporting.
- Fixed not saving ammo on map transition. Thanks to "swiftswing1" for reporting.
- Fixed the plugin breaking in modes other than coop. Thanks to "swiftswing1" for reporting and testing.
- Now automatically detects "[l4d2] Save Weapon (Co-op)" plugin by "maks" to fix giving upgrade ammo to players after map transition.
- Added cvar "l4d2_switch_ammo_hint" to display a message when taking upgrade ammo about how to use the plugin.
- Added file "switch_ammo.phrases.txt" to display hints.
- Fix for "[l4d2] Save Weapon (Co-op)" plugin by "maks". Thanks to "swiftswing1" for reporting.
- Fixed the last update accidentally enabling unlimited usage of upgrade ammo piles.
- Blocked the M60 and Grenade Launcher from being able to switch ammo types.
- Initial release.
Updating from 1.2 or older:
- Click "Get Plugin" and put the .smx file into your servers \addons\sourcemod\plugins\ folder.
- Download "translations.zip" and extract the "translations" folder to your servers \addons\sourcemod\ folder.
- New cvars have been added: use the Cvar Configs Updater, or delete the old cvars config or manually add them.
: English (en), Traditional Chinese (zho).