Post New Thread Reply   

Sound7
Old 06-20-2021 , 18:52   fix 1v1 duel plugin
Reply With Quote #1

Hey,

I was wondering if some1 could help me fix this plugin for css:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=270041

Im willing to pay.

When i type !createarena in chat it tells me to type the name of the arena, but nothing happens when I do. Only an empty cfg gets created on mapstart.

Nothing happens when typing the commands !duel, !1v1 or !viewarena in chat either.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-20-2021 , 19:56   Re: fix 1v1 duel plugin
Reply With Quote #2

Plugin is a bit outdated but I replaced the Chat-Processor support with just the built-in say hook so that should fix your issue. (untested)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (1v1duel.sp - 39 views - 12.7 KB)
File Type: inc colors.inc (28.1 KB, 22 views)
Sound7
Old 06-21-2021 , 08:34   Re: fix 1v1 duel plugin
Reply With Quote #3

Hey,

Thank you for taking a look at this! Your fix have made the !createarena, !duel, and !viewarena commands work.

Im experiencing a few bugs with it. The first bug i mention is the "main" one, that makes the plugin being unusable.

- The one who gets challenged is showed as the one who requested the challenge. So if player1 challenges player2, i it will show that player2 requests a challenge and player1 can accept. So the player that is actually challenging some1 can force them into a duel.
https://prnt.sc/16706t8
So here i challenged "SourceTV", and it says SourceTV challenges me.

- I can view myself and sourcetv in the duel list (prob not a bug, idk)
- Created arenas on one map gets copied over to the other maps i createarena on. In map1 i created an arena called arena - map1, and when i created an arena on map2 -> i see arena - map1 in the list. This bug is not a huge deal, as i can delete arenas from the cfg's after.
- 3 frags should win a duel, but after you die you dont get teleported back to the arena.

From looking at the original post it looks like many of these "bugs" might have been present from day 1. Maybe its too much work to fix, but since i like the idea of the plugin i would still offer to pay some1 to do it.

Last edited by Sound7; 06-21-2021 at 13:20.