Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

scorpadorp
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-25-2012 , 16:21   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #581

Well, I hope this can be addressed.

I downloaded a custom model (Fox for the Scout) and I installed everything correctly. The directory structure for the model folder is tf/models/player which includes the typical files as well as an animation.mdl file.

The problem lies when I want to change the filepath of those files to tf/models/player/fox. I used Mecha's hex editor to change the path of the .mdl and animation.mdl file to the correct path. When I load it in Model viewer, it appears the animation file doesn't load and I get the idle animation of the model (everything else loads fine).

How would I go about fixing this problem?
Helvetica
Old 09-25-2012 , 18:02   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #582

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpadorp View Post
Well, I hope this can be addressed.

I downloaded a custom model (Fox for the Scout) and I installed everything correctly. The directory structure for the model folder is tf/models/player which includes the typical files as well as an animation.mdl file.

The problem lies when I want to change the filepath of those files to tf/models/player/fox. I used Mecha's hex editor to change the path of the .mdl and animation.mdl file to the correct path. When I load it in Model viewer, it appears the animation file doesn't load and I get the idle animation of the model (everything else loads fine).

How would I go about fixing this problem?
Just placing the animation file along with the rest of the files isn't enough for it to load. The .mdl controls what animation file it uses, and it's probably set to load it from the default /player folder, since the model was meant to be used client-side.

You're going to have to hex edit the model file to point it to the new location you chose, or else it's not going to load its animations.

Sarge detailed this on SPUF, you should read it.

Last edited by Helvetica; 09-25-2012 at 18:04.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2012 , 18:28   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #583

Quote:
materials/models/player/pyro/pyro_blue.vmt
materials/models/player/pyro/pyro_blue.vtf
materials/models/player/pyro/pyro_hands_red.vtf
materials/models/player/pyro/pyro_red.vmt
materials/models/player/pyro/pyro_red.vtf
These look like stock pyro skins, you SHOULD be renaming these to other things.

Horsemann has a valid ragdoll, but something in this plugin is bugging ragdolls. When I had the plugin loaded, all MvM bots were dropping normal ragdolls. I'm looking into it.

The stockmodels downloader is still working fine over here, I had found and fixed whatever issue it was before that was making people only download one vtx file and no other files.

There are no custom horsemann viewmodels, are there? If there are I'll work on adding custom viewmodels to the plugin as soon as I can (the next giveweapon will have custom viewmodel stuff).

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 09-26-2012 at 18:28.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-28-2012 , 09:53   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Any models using stockmodels should work fine, yes. You should re-hex any skins to use stockmodels (though I really should update stockmodels so that the powerup canteen attaches properly, so actually hold off on that until I update stockmodels to v2).
Sorry to bring up an old post, but what's the word on stockmodels v2?
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2012 , 13:29   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #585

@ ragdolls

I remember something about them not working?
HookEvent("player_death", Event_RemoveItem, EventHookMode_Post);

comment that out?
If you want better ragdolls mabye have it delete hats too, i'll try that

lulz. stuff without sequence ragdoll just rotates on axis when the player looks around =S
need to hook that and remove the model if they have that flag.

I think changing the hook event will fix it:

if ( (g_iPlayerItem[client] != -1) && (g_iItemFlags[g_iPlayerItem[client]] & FLAG_NO_ANIM) )
Item_Remove(client);

Edit ok, some ragdolls drop hats strangely and such if they arn't supposed to have them, I think this fixes it:

Code:
	new client = GetClientOfUserId(GetEventInt(hEvent, "userid"));

if ( g_iPlayerItem[client] != -1 )
        {
                if( g_iItemFlags[g_iPlayerItem[client]] & FLAG_REMOVE_VALVE_HAT )
                {
                	new edict = MaxClients+1;
                	while((edict = FindEntityByClassnameSafe(edict, "tf_wearable")) != -1)
                	{
	                	decl String:netclass[32];
	                	if (GetEntityNetClass(edict, netclass, sizeof(netclass)) && strcmp(netclass, "CTFWearable") == 0)
                		{
	                		new idx = GetEntProp(edict, Prop_Send, "m_iItemDefinitionIndex");
		                	if (idx != 57 && idx != 133 && idx != 231 && idx != 444 && idx != 405 && idx != 608 && GetEntPropEnt(edict, Prop_Send, "m_hOwnerEntity") == client)
		                	{
		                		AcceptEntityInput(edict, "Kill");
		                	}
	                	}
                	}

}
                if( g_iItemFlags[g_iPlayerItem[client]] & FLAG_NO_ANIM )
                {
                        Item_Remove(client);
                }

}
Item remove appears to do something to the index, so I call it last, seems to work OK now.

Last edited by friagram; 09-29-2012 at 14:34.
Ramalin
Old 09-30-2012 , 19:04   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #586

I have a suggestion. You should implement a feature that allows sound files to be used with the current equiped model. It's better than seeing a female scout talking like a bow. O_o
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2012 , 19:07   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #587

You're better off making that it's own plugin, like Be the Robot. Be the FemScout, or something.

Oh, and have fun trying to get your clients to download all FemScout voice lines. (as I call it: pulling a RandomFortress, especially if they're .wavs)
Old 09-30-2012 , 20:52   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #588

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
You're better off making that it's own plugin, like Be the Robot. Be the FemScout, or something.

Oh, and have fun trying to get your clients to download all FemScout voice lines. (as I call it: pulling a RandomFortress, especially if they're .wavs)
Doesn't Freak Fortress utilize some code that allows this? Could that be repurposed for a full-on character replacer?

Quote:
I planned to include it in this, since this pretty much does that. This will probably be the all-in-one taunt/model/character replacer, if I'm not too lazy.
This is something I have been wanting more than anything else. I've created several complete class line replacements with the TF2 soundscripts, including the Femscout, trust me, people DO NOT mind the downloads all that much for such a unique experience. Although I put some real work into them, people's liking towards them probably stems from their quality. I can already see a huge potential for stupid and annoying clutter in my TF2 files by less than creative server admins out there who would ruin the community opinion on such a feature.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2012 , 04:58   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #589

Powerlord: Getting some issues with the animation files for stockmodels, but it's almost there.

friagram: most of what you said is incorrect, unfortunately. And that removehats stock is a tad weird, but eh.

Making clients download a crap ton of wavs (and then using those wavs on the server) is a VERY VERY bad idea because your server will fill up its precache table and shut itself down. I might go for a voice pitch changer, but as we've seen with the MvM update, it's not safe to have that many custom sounds precached at once.
FF2 is bad. FF2 is bad. FF2 is bad.

XP really really really needs to keep bugging me about updating all my plugins.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 10-01-2012 at 04:58.
Helvetica
Old 10-01-2012 , 12:30   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.2 (01/12/2012)
Reply With Quote #590

Quote:
Powerlord: Getting some issues with the animation files for stockmodels, but it's almost there.

friagram: most of what you said is incorrect, unfortunately. And that removehats stock is a tad weird, but eh.

Making clients download a crap ton of wavs (and then using those wavs on the server) is a VERY VERY bad idea because your server will fill up its precache table and shut itself down. I might go for a voice pitch changer, but as we've seen with the MvM update, it's not safe to have that many custom sounds precached at once.
FF2 is bad. FF2 is bad. FF2 is bad.

XP really really really needs to keep bugging me about updating all my plugins.
By my count I have 138 active custom sound files, a good deal of which are .wav's being used with the soundscripts. I have had zero problems with server shut downs resulting from precache issues.

In fact, I was on a friend's server yesterday running XP's Be The Robot with all the Robot voices active. Doesn't that have to precache pretty much the entire class vo sets all over again to work? I did not see any problems with it, and he never mentioned any crashes resulting from it. That's like 6000 something files.

Last edited by Helvetica; 10-01-2012 at 12:34.