Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Release SourceBans++ (v1.6.4) [Updated: 2021-10-06]

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

scso1502
Old 08-14-2015 , 03:20   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Thank you Creampuffness. I appreciate the follow-up. Hope they can fix the source of the log problem soon.

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net
King Cnut
Old 08-15-2015 , 09:18   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
@ King Cnut:

Error (10061) indicates that the network connection to the MySQL server is refused. Here's some things I would check it I was having this trouble. This would indicate a permissions issue that is not allowing the gameserver to connect to the database. I only post the below info because even the most experience people sometime miss the obvious because we're human and simply over look things some times. Lord knows I have, not that I'm anything special.

1. If this is an existing install and it worked before, I'd ask myself "What did I change recently that could have created this problem?" Some of those things could be:

- Did you recently update SourceMod and overwrite or change the Sourcebans section of \addons\sourcemod\config\databases.cfg? [No]
- Have you recently enabled new firewall settings on the game server that were not enabled before? [No]
- Have you changed your game server's IP address? Does it match what you have your Remote MySQL settings configured on the Webserver? [No - See below about Webserver IP change though]
- Have you recently updated the MySQL database username and/or password on the webserver and do they match what you have in your databases.cfg on the game server? [No]

2. If this is a new install have you double-confirmed the following:

- Confirmed the MySQL database server address, username & password match databases.cfg on the game server
- Confirmed the MySQL port is correct in the databases.cfg
- Confirmed the Remote MySQL settings on the webserver allow the game server's IP address to connect to the MySQL database?
- Have you given all the permissions necessary to the MySQL user to allow to access the database?

I can't see any other reason for the database server and the game server to be unable to communicate unless there's a webserver problem the hosting company needs to fix.

All the best on getting back up and running. Let us know what you find. It will help others I'm sure.
We recently changed the webserver ip that the MySQL database resides on. I've already granted permissions for my user to access it from the gameserver ip with GRANT and FLUSH PRIVILEGES and it refuses to work. I'm really at a loss as to why this isn't working. I have done this step a trillion times in some 20+ years of working with MySQL databases. I guess we're just going to have to do without sourcebans. Thanks for helping.

Last edited by King Cnut; 08-15-2015 at 09:22.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 08-15-2015 , 11:12   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Cnut View Post
We recently changed the webserver ip that the MySQL database resides on. I've already granted permissions for my user to access it from the gameserver ip with GRANT and FLUSH PRIVILEGES and it refuses to work. I'm really at a loss as to why this isn't working. I have done this step a trillion times in some 20+ years of working with MySQL databases. I guess we're just going to have to do without sourcebans. Thanks for helping.
There is one thing I don't understand...

If you're having 20+ years with MySQL, the error messages should be perfectly clear to you:

Quote:
I'm still getting this error:

Code:
L 08/10/2015 - 15:22:09: SourceMod error session started
L 08/10/2015 - 15:22:21: [SDKTOOLS] Could not locate FireOutput - Disabling detour
L 08/10/2015 - 15:22:22: [SM] Failed to load plugin  "player_analytics.smx": [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on  '104.XXX.XXX.XXX' (10061).
L 08/10/2015 - 15:22:22: [SDKTOOLS] Failed to find PlayerRunCmd offset - OnPlayerRunCmd forward disabled.
L 08/10/2015 - 15:22:39: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 08/10/2015 - 15:22:39: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Failed to  connect to SourceBans DB, [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on  '104.XXX.XXX.XXX' (10061)
L 08/10/2015 - 15:22:39: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sbchecker.smx":
L 08/10/2015 - 15:22:39: [SM]   [0]  Line 69, sbchecker.sp::OnDatabaseConnected()
L 08/10/2015 - 15:22:39: [sourcecomms.smx] Connecting to database  failed: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on '104.XXX.XXX.XXX'  (10061)
L 08/10/2015 - 15:22:39: [SourceSleuth.smx] SourceSleuth: Database  connection error: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on  '104.XXX.XXX.XXX' (10061)
Source: mysql.com, the first result @ Google search for "mysql 10061"
Quote:
The error (2003) Can't connect to MySQL server on 'server' (10061) indicates that the network connection has been refused. You should check that there is a MySQL server running, that it has network connections enabled, and that the network port you specified is the one configured on the server.
The IP you're attempting to connect to, 104.XXX.XXX.XXX - can you expose the second group's numbers?

Either that IP isn't the correct one for you to use in your configurations, otherwise the MySQL server is not configured properly...

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
King Cnut
Old 08-15-2015 , 17:15   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
There is one thing I don't understand...

If you're having 20+ years with MySQL, the error messages should be perfectly clear to you:

Source: mysql.com, the first result @ Google search for "mysql 10061"
The IP you're attempting to connect to, 104.XXX.XXX.XXX - can you expose the second group's numbers?

Either that IP isn't the correct one for you to use in your configurations, otherwise the MySQL server is not configured properly...
I don't have an issue with understanding what the error message means. I know exactly what the error means. What I'm failing to understand is how it can be continuing to error when I've granted all the appropriate permissions and have the correct ip address listed.
Old 08-15-2015 , 18:46   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

@ King Cnut

Perhaps increasing the privileges of the MySQL user would help? I don't believe "GRANT and FLUSH PRIVILEGES" will give the access the MySQL user account needs to connect and run correctly with SourceBans. In fact, I don't remember ever seeing anyone restrict the MySQL Sourcebans user account access that way. I don't restrict MySQL user accounts and always use the "ALL [PRIVILEGES]" setting for them. I've never had any problems doing this.

Give it a shot and see...

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 08-15-2015 at 23:04.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 08-15-2015 , 18:48   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
I don't have an issue with understanding what the error message means. I know exactly what the error means. What I'm failing to understand is how it can be continuing to error when I've granted all the appropriate permissions and have the correct ip address listed.
Okay, what IP address is in your databases.cfg?

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
King Cnut
Old 08-16-2015 , 15:06   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
@ King Cnut

Perhaps increasing the privileges of the MySQL user would help? I don't believe "GRANT and FLUSH PRIVILEGES" will give the access the MySQL user account needs to connect and run correctly with SourceBans. In fact, I don't remember ever seeing anyone restrict the MySQL Sourcebans user account access that way. I don't restrict MySQL user accounts and always use the "ALL [PRIVILEGES]" setting for them. I've never had any problems doing this.

Give it a shot and see...
Sorry for being vague. I do use GRANT ALL as such:

Code:
grant all privileges on sourcebans.* to 'user'@'188.XXX.XXX.XXX' identified by 'password';
188.XXX.XXX.XXX being the address of my game server.

My database.cfg is listed as this:

Code:
	"sourcebans"
	{
		"driver"			"default"
		"host"				"104.XXX.XXX.XXX"
		"database"			"sourcebans"
		"user"				"user"
		"pass"				"password"
		//"timeout"			"0"
		"port"			"3306"
	}
104.XXX.XXX.XXX is the webserver ip where my Database resides.
Old 08-16-2015 , 15:13   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

How to Fix ?

Quote:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in /home/pir/public_html/bans/includes/xajax_core/plugin_layer/xajaxEventPlugin.inc.php on line 1
driz
Old 08-16-2015 , 19:32   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Sorry for being vague. I do use GRANT ALL as such:

Code:
grant all privileges on sourcebans.* to 'user'@'188.XXX.XXX.XXX' identified by 'password';
188.XXX.XXX.XXX being the address of my game server.

My database.cfg is listed as this:

Code:
	"sourcebans"
	{
		"driver"			"default"
		"host"				"104.XXX.XXX.XXX"
		"database"			"sourcebans"
		"user"				"user"
		"pass"				"password"
		//"timeout"			"0"
		"port"			"3306"
	}
104.XXX.XXX.XXX is the webserver ip where my Database resides.
it's prob a firewall issue. did you check your iptables logs (or creating logging rules) verify a rule exists to open 3306? verify your mysql isn't listening on a non-standard port. the error doesnt sound like a permissions issue, it couldn't connect.. = network issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driz View Post
Gents,
any thoughts on this?

Code:
Details	[512] Smarty error: unable to read resource: "page_comms.tpl"
Error on line 1094 in file /srv/joinsg/sb/htdocs/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php
Parent Function	/srv/joinsg/sb/htdocs/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php - 1094
/srv/joinsg/sb/htdocs/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php - 1590
/srv/joinsg/sb/htdocs/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php - 1416
/srv/joinsg/sb/htdocs/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php - 1255
Query String	p=commslist
to clarify, sourcecomms works in game perfectly. We just cant view the bans on the page, this is the log error.
no one has any thoughts on this? everything works 100% to include sourcecomms, we just cant view sourcecomm bans on the page frontend. The error shown is what shows in logs when we try to view. It's cosmetic only, but i'd still like to get any feedback i can

Last edited by driz; 08-16-2015 at 19:36.
Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2015 , 22:35   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driz View Post
it's prob a firewall issue. did you check your iptables logs (or creating logging rules) verify a rule exists to open 3306? verify your mysql isn't listening on a non-standard port. the error doesnt sound like a permissions issue, it couldn't connect.. = network issue.

no one has any thoughts on this? everything works 100% to include sourcecomms, we just cant view sourcecomm bans on the page frontend. The error shown is what shows in logs when we try to view. It's cosmetic only, but i'd still like to get any feedback i can
What Version of SB, I asked the same question before!

Is it the dev version?