Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Legends dont die :)

Post New Thread Reply   

Gimley
Zero Posts
Old 01-07-2018 , 08:51   Legends dont die :)
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys im new to this forum although not new to cs 1.6 and go. I had thought its online status was something of the past. Its really cool to see you guys keeping it going.

I myself am a fanatic when it comes to modding great games , i have a massive collection from tw mods, hl mods , cs mods and also mount and blade mods.

Im kind of exited to see that cs has also taken to this .

Im kind of a little lost here at he moment , seems like this place is very active , with alot of stuff i have ever sen or heard of before , any advice on where to start to get myself set up ?

Last edited by Gimley; 01-07-2018 at 08:52.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-07-2018 , 09:16   Re: Legends dont die :)
Reply With Quote #2

Do you want to learn how to code or you just want to find plugins for your servers?
Old 01-07-2018 , 10:20   Re: Legends dont die :)
Reply With Quote #3

Hi there

Well i am a web developer i dont know how much that relates to games and their mods or plugins programming , but to answer your question , it was the plugins that intrigued me ( using them ) .

However , now that you pose the question , the other option is something that id like to get to know too, but i think one thing at a time , should also be fun to see how what i do relates to what you guys do.

Last edited by Gimley; 01-07-2018 at 10:20.
HamletEagle
Old 01-07-2018 , 11:32   Re: Legends dont die :)
Reply With Quote #4

There are 2 big sections: AmxModX and SourceMod. AMXX is for goldsource games(cs 1.6, dod for example), sourcemod is for source engine games(cs go, team fortress 2).

You need to install either amxx or sourcemod depending on what server you are running, then you can start adding plugins.

If you want to learn how to code plugins, decide if you want to code for amxx or for sourcemod, then go to the tutorials forum from the right section. There's also scripting help, if you get stuck or need more help, just open a topic there.
If you have a plugin idea but you don't know/want to do it yourself, go to suggestions/requests forum.
Old 01-12-2018 , 13:17   Re: Legends dont die :)
Reply With Quote #5

Hi hamlet thanks for the overview on the different topics of this forum.

I dont know the difference between the mods but i am sure that will be explained in those threads, in any case i will probably try both knowing myself , as for the coding of these mods what language are the plugins written in ?

Regards
HamletEagle
Old 01-13-2018 , 08:40   Re: Legends dont die :)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimley View Post
Hi hamlet thanks for the overview on the different topics of this forum.

I dont know the difference between the mods but i am sure that will be explained in those threads, in any case i will probably try both knowing myself , as for the coding of these mods what language are the plugins written in ?

Regards
AmxModX plugins are written in pawn.
Sourcemod plugins are written in SourcePawn.

You can also write modules directly(in c++) if you feel more comfortable with this language. The only downside I can think of is that you will have to reinvent the wheel and implement again most of the functions provided by amxmodx/sourcemod to plugins depending on what you want to do.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 01-13-2018 at 08:42.
Gimley
Zero Posts
Old 01-22-2018 , 05:48   Re: Legends dont die :)
Reply With Quote #7

Pawn ? wasnt that called small at some stage ? Yea i see pawn itself is very similar to c++ and im competent in c++ . i just dont know if i have time for yet another language i have my hands in a few pots already.
Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-12-2018 , 17:49   Re: Legends dont die :)
Reply With Quote #8

https://github.com/alliedmodders
Are you talking about this?
Old 01-22-2018 , 09:59   Re: Legends dont die :)
Reply With Quote #9

Yes, it was called small. If you know C/C++ then it should be easy to get into pawn. It's a simplified C.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 01-22-2018 at 10:01.