Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Custom Server Achievements

Post New Thread Reply   

Jindo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-27-2009 , 13:05   [TF2] Custom Server Achievements
Reply With Quote #1

Pfsm999 released their own version of the plugin not too long ago: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=109397

So I have said a while ago that I would continue Gachl's Custom Achievements plugin, and also said each week that I would be releasing it "this weekend".

This thread is pretty much just to let any body who I have kept waiting know that I'm still working on fixing/improving/cleaning up the plugin, and as I do that, Holek keeps adding neat features to the web interface/MySQL side of it.

Changes So Far:

Web Interface:

• Improved Admin Panel:
  • Achievements can now be edited + deleted from there.
  • A live image updates itself when you are creating/editing an image (As a preview).
  • Statistics page added, shows you a percentage of how many people on your server have each achievement.
  • Categories added.
  • Locked achievements appear in black and white.
  • Configurable table prefix (to make use of the table prefix cvar).
  • Timestamps
Plugin:

• Optional [CSA] tag next to achievement messages (primarily for telling server achievements apart from official achievements).
  • Command to show the statistics page.
  • Shorter alias for the achievements command (!ach).
  • A command for admins to grant achievements to players via id (sm_achieve <name> <#id>)
TO DO:

• Display the person closest to getting a progress-based achievement where nobody has yet earnt it.
  • A page which shows the latest achievements earnt.

Plugin:

• Achievement Progress messages (for when 25/50/75% of an achievement is earnt).
  • Command to show the name and description of a specified achievement (perhaps handled via a menu).
  • Command to display the player listing for a specific achievement (the page to show who has that achievement)
  • Cvar to disable the plugin when not enough players are on the server.
  • Add the 'Kill-based Achievement Tracker' to the main plugin for optional use.
    • Provide a large variety of "Pick'N'Mix" examples
    • Add a command to write achievement configs in-game

---

I'm not entirely sure how long it will take for me to completely finish the improvements to a satisfactory state, hopefully not long!

For now, here is a demo of the newly added statistics page in-use:

http://labs.topaz-games.com/kj/achie...statistics.php

(If you view a player's achievements and then go to the statistics page it will highlight the achievements they have)

---

Basically: This isn't a request, this is a gathering of my ideas for the Achievements Plugin and what adjustments I'm making/need to make before I release it. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them here!

Last edited by Jindo; 11-21-2009 at 18:03.
3_stooges_geo
Old 09-28-2009 , 07:20   Re: [TF2] Custom Server Achievements
Reply With Quote #2

thanks for the update.
looking forward to the release.
SuperShadow
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-28-2009 , 08:02   Re: [TF2] Custom Server Achievements
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks Jindo, was wondering if you were still working on this after seeing your rotation work.

Could you ask Holek to do a sort of the categories then the achievments within the category on the Achievements page.

Also, it would be nice to have an easy way to add a Clan Name into the title area. I've added it on my site http://myjyd.com/achivements/index.php, but the letters start getting cut off.

Both of you keep up the good work!
Jindo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-28-2009 , 11:33   Re: [TF2] Custom Server Achievements
Reply With Quote #4

I'll let Holek know of any feature requests regarding the web interface, I know that he was hopefully planning to do something about text getting cut off in any of the images/headers .
Old 10-01-2009 , 05:15   Re: [TF2] Custom Server Achievements
Reply With Quote #5

Good to hear that you continue the work on the plugin. Thanks for that.

I was wondering if you are going to make additional adjustments to the Achievement Kill-based Manager as well. For example, Jarate conditions, dominations, stun, ubercharge or specifying the class of the killer/victim (well, and a fix for unlockable weapon tracking ).

Oh, and I got a small problem maybe you could help me with. I tried to set up an achievement involving killing members of my clan and used the name comparing for that. Problem is, the achievement progresses for every kill, you get +1 regardless if the victim has the tag or not. So, what did I do wrong?
Code:
"4"
    {
        "achid"               "80"
        "victim_name_con"     "[1o+]"
    }
This is how I set it up.
Pfsm999
Old 10-01-2009 , 05:26   Re: [TF2] Custom Server Achievements
Reply With Quote #6

Good job man !

if you must have one server for test this plugin : I am your man !
And if you want a french support for traduce in french or program the website interface : I am your man too !

I wait your plugin and the webinterface for testing !
Good work !

Engineer and tester : Good team !
Old 10-01-2009 , 13:53   Re: [TF2] Custom Server Achievements
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfsm999 View Post
if you must have one server for test this plugin : I am your man !
And if you want a french support for traduce in french or program the website interface : I am your man too !
I have my own server(s) for testing this plugin, but any form of multilingual support would be an excellent addition to this once I've finished it, thanks!

Quote:
I wait your plugin and the webinterface for testing !
Good work !
Thanks! I hope to release it as soon as I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobos777 View Post
I was wondering if you are going to make additional adjustments to the Achievement Kill-based Manager as well. For example, Jarate conditions, dominations, stun, ubercharge or specifying the class of the killer/victim (well, and a fix for unlockable weapon tracking ).
Things such as dominations, stuns and ubers, map checks, class checks (victim + killer) have all been added to the unfinished version, you'll be pleased to know, as well as a fix for unlockable weapon tracking !

Quote:
Oh, and I got a small problem maybe you could help me with. I tried to set up an achievement involving killing members of my clan and used the name comparing for that. Problem is, the achievement progresses for every kill, you get +1 regardless if the victim has the tag or not. So, what did I do wrong?
Code:
"4"
    {
        "achid"               "80"
        "victim_name_con"     "[1o+]"
    }
This is how I set it up.
The code appears to be perfect, there's not really a lot of support I can give for this right now unfortunately, but I'll be able to fully support the updated version once I've released it .
Old 10-02-2009 , 08:44   Re: [TF2] Custom Server Achievements
Reply With Quote #8

Whoa, the new funtionalities of Achievement Kill-based Manager got me excited. You don't have by any chance also included detection of crits, rocketjumps, kill assists and suicides? (man, I sound really greedy...)

I fixed my problem with the clan tag recognition by adding all the steam IDs of my clan to the achievement. I wanted to use victim_name_con for a different clan tag (FZG) though. It still didn't work (every kill counted towards the achievement). I tried to find the reason for it and found out that the "achid" "x" line is sufficient for counting every kill by a player (basically what happened with the achievement). It looks like the "victim_name_con" simply doesn't register on our server.

And one last question. Is there a way to create a multi kill achievement with the config? Something that unlocks/progresses when you kill more than one enemy at once?
Jindo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-03-2009 , 06:14   Re: [TF2] Custom Server Achievements
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobos777 View Post
Whoa, the new funtionalities of Achievement Kill-based Manager got me excited. You don't have by any chance also included detection of crits, rocketjumps, kill assists and suicides? (man, I sound really greedy...)
Rocket jumps would be tricky to detect, but the rest sound possible .

Quote:
I fixed my problem with the clan tag recognition by adding all the steam IDs of my clan to the achievement. I wanted to use victim_name_con for a different clan tag (FZG) though. It still didn't work (every kill counted towards the achievement). I tried to find the reason for it and found out that the "achid" "x" line is sufficient for counting every kill by a player (basically what happened with the achievement). It looks like the "victim_name_con" simply doesn't register on our server.
This is an odd glitch but I believe I've fixed it in the one I'm preparing for release .

Quote:
And one last question. Is there a way to create a multi kill achievement with the config? Something that unlocks/progresses when you kill more than one enemy at once?
Could you elaborate on that?

---

Just a quick update to say that Holek is rewriting the PHP elements of the plugin to a less (in his words): "inefficient and lazily written" state, the plugin overall is summing up to be much more feature-rich than the original.

Last edited by Jindo; 10-03-2009 at 13:19.
Phobos777
Old 10-04-2009 , 05:11   Re: [TF2] Custom Server Achievements
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindo View Post
Could you elaborate on that?
I should have worded it more precisely. I wanted to create an achievement that unlocks when you kill more than one enemy in the same second.

Or, to put it the other way around, killing multiple enemies with one rocket/sticky/sticky trap.
By the way, is it possible to have a "must be done in one life" condition for achievements in the config?

---

Quote:
Just a quick update to say that Holek is rewriting the PHP elements of the plugin to a less (in his words): "inefficient and lazily written" state, the plugin overall is summing up to be much more feature-rich than the original.