Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2011 , 09:11   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Also another nice one, turn of crits for saxton. This way you dont have to turn off crits at all and your server can still work with f2p system.
Old 07-20-2011 , 12:51   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

hm, guys, lets create a "what we want eggman to do" list. Not "at first make it better, at the second make everything nice" but full ideas, it would be much easier to understand if everything is in the same place. I hope eggman will listen to you then.
by the way, i dont get, what "saxtoner" is, is it plugin, fully made by this guy, or its just modified VSH, which,for some reason, is not public?

Also, few words about FF2 http://www.randomfortress.ru/forum/t...ties-requests/ feel free to post stuff
Send a message via ICQ to HeMe3iC
napalm00
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2011 , 15:43   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velture View Post
(7 days left).
yea you can also stop advertising your own plugin here. kthxbai
about the "what we want eggman to do" list, seems a good idea to me.
Old 07-20-2011 , 16:01   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

stop bullying about VSH. theres no tons of bugs, only few. most of bugs caused by wrong installation\outdated sm\mm\extensions

Quote:
I think that it is way to late for "what we want eggman to do" list.
why do you think so?
it is not too late. You know ff2 is coming up at the end of summer i hope, thats one of the reasons why eggman is so slow with VSH. And i also cant find anything you asked eggman to do, sorry. Just lets make a list, and ill try to make eggman fix stuff you will ask. If its really needs to be fixed.

Last edited by HeMe3iC; 07-20-2011 at 16:23.
Send a message via ICQ to HeMe3iC
Taz532
Old 07-20-2011 , 16:56   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
Also another nice one, turn of crits for saxton. This way you dont have to turn off crits at all and your server can still work with f2p system.
Instead of turning off crits, hale's shovel does 195 with the help of TF2items. A crit does the same. You could just get rid of the extra damage on the shovel and replace it with guaranteed crits. That way you can't still get forced crits by the taunt crit plugin or something like that.

Find this (and the rest of the boss weapons): SaxtonWeapon = SpawnWeapon(client,"tf_weapon_shovel",196,101 ,5,"68 ; 2 ; 2 ; 3.1 ; 259 ; 1");

Change it to this: SaxtonWeapon = SpawnWeapon(client,"tf_weapon_shovel",196,101 ,5,"68 ; 2 ; 259 ; 1");

Then find this:
Code:
if 
			(
				(TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_Sniper)
				||
				(weapon && IsValidEdict(weapon) && (weapon==GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client, 2)) && (TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)!=TFClass_Spy))
				|| 
				((TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_Medic) && (index==305))
				||
				(((TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_Engineer) || (TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_Scout)) && ((index==22) || (index==23) || (index==160) || (index==209) || (index==294) || (index==449)))
				||
				((TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_DemoMan) && ((GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client, 1)<=0) || !IsValidEdict(GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client,1)) || (GetEntProp(GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client,1), Prop_Send, "m_iItemDefinitionIndex")==42)))
			)
				TF2_AddCondition(client,cond,0.3);
and add the if client==Hale case.
Code:
if 
			(
				(client==Hale)
                                ||
                                (TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_Sniper)
				||
				(weapon && IsValidEdict(weapon) && (weapon==GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client, 2)) && (TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)!=TFClass_Spy))
				|| 
				((TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_Medic) && (index==305))
				||
				(((TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_Engineer) || (TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_Scout)) && ((index==22) || (index==23) || (index==160) || (index==209) || (index==294) || (index==449)))
				||
				((TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_DemoMan) && ((GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client, 1)<=0) || !IsValidEdict(GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client,1)) || (GetEntProp(GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client,1), Prop_Send, "m_iItemDefinitionIndex")==42)))
			)
But of course, it'd be nice if we had the option via a cvar so everyone could do it.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2011 , 17:01   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

even though the mod is nice and good intention and all, lots of tips and tricks and even ready made code where given to eggman to put it in the plugin, but only 10% actually makes it. Maybe its his way of thinking i dont know, but i have given up on that, i just report it and praise it might get fixed since i dont code enough.
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2011 , 17:27   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velture View Post
I also think that "what to do eggman" list should be here and eggman himself should give that as his own idea. Not someone else giving the link to some russian board that no one except russians can read. Personally I even can;t register there. All the shitty russian letters that look like a bush of weed. And I'm from poland. The former USSR country. Did you think about the rest of the world? How the hell can they register there when they cant understand shit ?
wow, chill man, i run vsh on my server and the updated version has no problems at all, everything works fine.
please don't turn this into a flaming thread and don't insult other people's languages
Old 07-20-2011 , 17:48   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeMe3iC View Post
you know, that he should not add everything he has been asked for. Copy-pasting someone's code isnt really good idea
it might cause troubles if you do not to understand how does it works.
In some cases it would help alot, i know this improvement hasn't been shown anywhere in this thread, but this is just bad, so many "TF2_GetPlayerClass" calls
PHP Code:
if 
            (
                (
TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_Sniper)
                ||
                (
weapon && IsValidEdict(weapon) && (weapon==GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client2)) && (TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)!=TFClass_Spy))
                || 
                ((
TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_Medic) && (index==305))
                ||
                (((
TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_Engineer) || (TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_Scout)) && ((index==22) || (index==23) || (index==160) || (index==209) || (index==294) || (index==449)))
                ||
                ((
TF2_GetPlayerClass(client)==TFClass_DemoMan) && ((GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client1)<=0) || !IsValidEdict(GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client,1)) || (GetEntProp(GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client,1), Prop_Send"m_iItemDefinitionIndex")==42)))
            )

(thanks for copying this Taz)

to optimize it abit i would recommend doing this

PHP Code:
switch (TF2_GetPlayerClass(client))
{
    case 
TFClass_Sniper:
    {

TF2_AddCondition(clientcond0.3);
    }
    case 
TFClass_DemoMan:
    {
        new 
weapon GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client1);
        if (!
IsValidEdict(weapon) || (weaponProp_Send"m_iItemDefinitionIndex") == 42)) TF2_AddCondition(clientcond0.3);
    }
    case 
TFClass_Spy:
    {
    }
    default:
    {
        new 
weapon GetEntPropEnt(clientProp_Data"m_hActiveWeapon");
        if (
IsValidEdict(weapon))
        {
            if (
weapon == GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client2))
            {

}
            else
            {
                new 
index GetEntProp(weaponProp_Send"m_iItemDefinitionIndex");
                switch (
index)
                {
                    case 
2223160209294305449:
                    {

}
                }
            }
        }
    }

(the code here is changed to make it match the code in the if statements in VSH)

If you REALLY want hardcoded weapon crits, i did something like this with the first bosses and thought "Nah, I'm going to make a crits manager instead" think about it, customize-ability is better than hardcoding these things

I could look through VSH's source and constantly find things that could be improved greatly, but I've got enough work in BFF to do that
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-20-2011 , 19:20   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Referring to the deleted posts of the past few pages,

The constant bickering stops here. This is getting ridiculous.

If you want to make personal attacks, this forum is not for you. If you think that you can remake a plugin better and don't care to work with the original author, make your own thread. Stop derailing this one.

No more offtopic garbage. No more soliciting other plugins, private or otherwise. No more badmouthing others or their code.

If you have opinions to express that are on-topic, or if you have specific issues with or requests for this plugins, feel free to discuss all of that civilly.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-20-2011 , 19:33   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Referring to the deleted posts of the past few pages,

The constant bickering stops here. This is getting ridiculous.

If you want to make personal attacks, this forum is not for you. If you think that you can remake a plugin better and don't care to work with the original author, make your own thread. Stop derailing this one.

No more offtopic garbage. No more soliciting other plugins, private or otherwise. No more badmouthing others or their code.

If you have opinions to express that are on-topic, or if you have specific issues with or requests for this plugins, feel free to discuss all of that civilly.
Thank you.
Closed Thread