Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

wasder
Old 07-16-2011 , 07:03   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

r3dw3r3w0lf, good boy.
Send a message via Skype™ to wasder
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2011 , 08:03   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

And thanks for a normal version number, appreciated.
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2011 , 10:03   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

I'm kind of disappointed that my version code wasn't implemented. It's much cleaner than (switch) case 100 case 110 case 111 case 120... and then the same thing but backwards, followed by roundabout ways of determining which version it is, such as the "999" version for the christian brutal sniper version when valve broke attachments. Args / 100 - (Args % 100)/100, Args % 100 just seems... inefficient, considering you really ought to have 1.34_1 as a separate listing in the version panel.

@Wasder: I was skimming the source on my phone (slightly hard to read) and it looks like there's still some stuff you guys missed. I'll check into more detail and let you know when I get back home.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 07-16-2011 at 10:08.
napalm00
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2011 , 13:05   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
I'm kind of disappointed that my version code wasn't implemented. It's much cleaner than (switch) case 100 case 110 case 111 case 120... and then the same thing but backwards, followed by roundabout ways of determining which version it is, such as the "999" version for the christian brutal sniper version when valve broke attachments. Args / 100 - (Args % 100)/100, Args % 100 just seems... inefficient, considering you really ought to have 1.34_1 as a separate listing in the version panel.

@Wasder: I was skimming the source on my phone (slightly hard to read) and it looks like there's still some stuff you guys missed. I'll check into more detail and let you know when I get back home.
in my very personal opinion, you should release your own version.
too many bugs/errors/glitches in this one
Old 07-16-2011 , 15:35   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

too many? :O please name at least some of them and they will be fixed. I hope.
Send a message via ICQ to HeMe3iC
napalm00
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2011 , 15:50   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeMe3iC View Post
too many? :O please name at least some of them and they will be fixed. I hope.
- saxton becoming invulnerable to bullets but dies instantly if he gets backstabbed
- saxton randomly teleporting to his spawn point
- saxton's health randomly going to weird values (-27, -30, -200...)
- total earrape if hale rages while being hurt by a trigger_hurt
Old 07-16-2011 , 16:01   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
saxton becoming invulnerable to bullets but dies instantly if he gets backstabbed
what? soemthuing wrong with your server. Its very old bug, i was fixed months ago....
Quote:
saxton randomly teleporting to his spawn point
havent heard about this one too, does any other host have the same problem?
Quote:
saxton's health randomly going to weird values (-27, -30, -200...)
what do you mean by "randomly"? for exmaple now he have 9001 hp, and it becomes -40 without reason? or when he have low hp(less then 451) and gets shot by someone his hp can become negative value?
Quote:
total earrape if hale rages while being hurt by a trigger_hurt
gotta check this one, but previously it was okay

are you sure youve setup your server properly?
Send a message via ICQ to HeMe3iC
lionheart1066
Old 07-16-2011 , 19:54   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

The werid values have happened a few times for me as well.

Also my admins told me that a Medic became Hale and they can spam rage while within a trigger_hurt.
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2011 , 20:45   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm00 View Post
in my very personal opinion, you should release your own version.
too many bugs/errors/glitches in this one
^ I second this. With all respect to Eggman for making this mod which a lot of people like i must say this is one of the strangest threads i have seen in these forums. The author of this plugin totally disregards advice being given, ignores a large part of the requests by people in this thread or even tries to ridicule some of them. I have been following this thread by the beginning so this is not an overnight observation.

Maybe it's because Eggman is Russian and doesn't understand half or what's being discussed here and that's why he's ignoring requests and opportunities, i don't know..... If so, he should ask someone to translate. It simply amazes me that no one has made another Saxton plugin and made his own thread and everyone keeps waiting on Eggman to communicate with them and understand them. Eggman just does what he wants and doesn't want to work together with anyone.

It's time to make your own thread Flamin Sarge, trust me. Same goes for Velture. Maybe you guys should work together and leave this thread as it is. You are doing a great job and you are being totally ignored. Just my 2 cents. I hope Psychonic won't delete this, i'm not trying to derail anything. I wish Eggman all the best with his plugin, and i hope to see other versions by Flamin Sarge and Velture and let all threads continue in peace . If you can't work together then do your own thing but don't keep pulling on a dead horse.
Old 07-17-2011 , 00:50   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

I understand 90% of what you said (and, of course, I'm understand attachments), but I loose good ideas, because there is so much posts "How to install this mode?" "WTF with translations?" and other over 9000 posts like that.
Closed Thread