Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)

Post New Thread Reply   

msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2008 , 21:48   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #51

Plugin updated to version 1.2.1. Mostly minor bug fixes, the last major release is still being worked on. Changelog:

-- 1.2.1 (8/12/08)
. Fixed a crashing bug when a new Hunted was chosen randomly.
. Fixed a bug where no Hunted would be selected at end of round.
. Fixed a crashing bug with the Team Balancer.
. Made the Pyro limiter require a minimum number of players when used in "percent" mode.
Old 08-14-2008 , 09:17   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #52

Small question? Who is in charge of setting limits to the VIP map played?

The mod?
The admin through the map.cfg file?
The mapper?

I'm wondering about team swap and winlimit. As an admin, I can set up a TF2 mp_winlimit cvar, but that will end the map.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2008 , 16:06   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #53

Are you talking about the actual vip_hunted map, or how long a player can play the Hunted?

Right now the auto Hunted switch only happens whenever the round ends naturally; the timer runs out, or one team wins. This is determined by the map. I am going to try and add in a smart "Hunted Switch" code that auto-switches the Hunted if he dies too many times within a given period, but I'm not sure if I will. Version 1.3.0 will have a "votehunted" chat command for Blue to vote for a new Hunted though.
Old 08-14-2008 , 17:31   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #54

I really love this mod, it's a big hit with most of the players (there are a few who hate it, but there are always a few who hate anything new...). It's a lot of fun and is great because it can be played with small numbers of players too.

One thing I think I'd like would be maybe a win limit sort of variable where it could be set that red wins if the hunted is killed so many times or something. We've found that for the most part red has a hard time defending until the end of the map on any map that has a long timelimit, especially multi cp maps like dustbowl, because assuming red manages to kill the hunted before blue caps the first cp, once everybody respawns, because there is no wait/setup time blue just runs immediately to cp 1, which they are usually much closer to than red, and caps it before red can even run back to it.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2008 , 17:50   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #55

That's definitely the problem we had with Dustbowl during testing. We have the vip_hunted map on the F7Lans server if you'd like to download and use that. We aren't ready for a public beta yet though, it still needs work done on it.
Old 08-15-2008 , 08:08   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
Are you talking about the actual vip_hunted map, or how long a player can play the Hunted?
In general, but I tested it on the_hunted_beta1 (which is the only VIP map I could find) and it has the same issue.

Quote:
Right now the auto Hunted switch only happens whenever the round ends naturally; the timer runs out, or one team wins. This is determined by the map.
I'm not taking about the Hunted but the whole teams. Since this is asymmetrical gameplay, half the players should play half the map time as blue, then as red for the other half (and the other way around).

Another thing on that same map. sm_hunted_enable 1 isn't recognize or executed in the mapname.cfg file. The file is read fine (my timelimit and other cvars are changed accordingly to the file), but the hunter mod isn't enabled. I've look at the console and the logs, nothing special, no errors logs.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2008 , 16:30   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #57

In 1.3.0 I am going to put in some more team rotation methods and a "Switch Teams" vote. The vip_hunted map (and presumably the_hunted_beta1, but I haven't played it) do not switch teams by default because the original Hunted didn't do that. Adding in a vote and an admin command will be easy to do (once I figure out votes).

I will look into the mapname.cfg bug, I thought I had tested this but I will make sure. Thanks!
Old 08-15-2008 , 20:23   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #58

Thanks.

the_hunted_beta1 is a strict recreation of the old hunted map, only in TF2 visual style.

I first I thought it was your map, but from the screenshots on tf2maps.net there's some differences in props and more.

I don't know, I download it from a server linked somewhere in this thread I think. I got a mirror of it here if you want to take a look.
RAAP
Old 08-17-2008 , 16:37   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #59

Hey msleeper, I was playing the_hunted_beta1 on my server with your mod running. The assasins could choose to be a spy. Any ideas why?

RAAP
Jérémie
Old 08-18-2008 , 08:33   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAP View Post
Hey msleeper, I was playing the_hunted_beta1 on my server with your mod running. The assasins could choose to be a spy. Any ideas why?
Did you make sure the Hunted mod was enabled?