Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[?]Velocity/Direction Help Con't!!!

Post New Thread Reply   

heliumdream
Old 12-09-2006 , 16:26   Re: [?]Velocity/Direction Help Con't!!!
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp` View Post
for velocitybyaim, think of it as a 2d triangle for now, and that there is something you are looking at that is so far away (in this case it is iarg1 far away) from your origin, it subtracts the "thing"s origin, giving you the vector between you and the point (with the head of the vector at the "thing"). now pretend that you are floating in space looking at this thing, if you set the returned vector on yourself, you would be propelled towards the "thing". now just think of it as 3D.
Alrighty! I read that more than twenty times, and I still don't completely understand what your trying to tell me. Can you use paint, or photoshop, and make a dumb picture explaining that statement? Draw a triangle, and use the text tool to do some labeling. Please? I've got the feeling you know what you're trying to say although it's hard to put into words with out a diagram.

Thanks again, :-D
-heliumdream

ALL HAIL EMP!!!
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-10-2006 , 02:46   Re: [?]Velocity/Direction Help Con't!!!
Reply With Quote #22

on a 2d scale...
[img]http://img148.**************/img148/2588/originvelocityexampleyo3.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Emp`; 12-10-2006 at 02:56.
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
heliumdream
Old 12-10-2006 , 12:52   Re: [?]Velocity/Direction Help Con't!!!
Reply With Quote #23

I get it now! I understood that all along! I'm still just plain missing a piece o mai pie I guess. I may just try and hardcode the vectors, instead of get the vectors from velocity by aim. This would enforce consistancy. Thats really all I want, consistancy in the way my hero is firing. I will do a diagram to 'splain.

As you can see from the pic, when you shoot east the front and back missiles get skewed, they get dramatically closer to you. The only reason I give a shit about velocity is because I am trying to control these four shots with greater precision and control.

Last edited by heliumdream; 12-10-2006 at 13:54.
yang
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2006 , 21:14   Re: [?]Velocity/Direction Help Con't!!!
Reply With Quote #24

o.O emp` ur picture graph got pwn3d lol.
Old 12-11-2006 , 12:30   Re: [?]Velocity/Direction Help Con't!!!
Reply With Quote #25

LOL