Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Plugins Moderation

Post New Thread Reply   

BAILOPAN
Old 03-13-2004 , 06:51  
Reply With Quote #21

Here is a hint at how the moderation system is being developed.

Every day, you get moderation points. They last for two days before being thrown out. This means they do not stack up. Moderation points allow you to rate other plugins. If your plugin gets rated higher, you get higher karma. The higher your karma, the more moderation points you get, and the higher weighting your default plugin rating starts off as. If your plugins get rated poorly, your karma is lowered, and you lose moderation points. If your plugin goes beyond a certain threshold, it loses its accepted status. There's more to it but I'm tired.

It sounds complicated but it works extremely well in other trial tested areas, and it works seamlessly so you don't really notice it.
Veteran Member
Old 03-13-2004 , 06:55  
Reply With Quote #22

sounds like the www.newgrounds.com rating system in a way.
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-13-2004 , 06:56  
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN

Every day, you get moderation points. They last for two days before being thrown out. This means they do not stack up. Moderation points allow you to rate other plugins. If your plugin gets rated higher, you get higher karma. The higher your karma, the more moderation points you get, and the higher weighting your default plugin rating starts off as. If your plugins get rated poorly, your karma is lowered, and you lose moderation points. If your plugin goes beyond a certain threshold, it loses its accepted status. There's more to it but I'm tired.

It sounds complicated but it works extremely well in other trial tested areas, and it works seamlessly so you don't really notice it.
Would losing of ones "accepted status" make the thread die or be moved to a such "vault" or "non-approved" section to make sure it can come back if it is raised or the plugin revived(rewritten)?
would seriously disturb the relations of some
of the former inhabitants." - Charles Darwin
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 03-13-2004 , 06:58  
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RED-Designs
]
Quote:

Would loading of ones "accepted status" make the thread die or be moved to a such "vault" or "non-approved" section to make sure it can come back if it is raised or the plugin revived(rewritten)?
I see it this way.. non approved plugins will be shoved in a certain section. For admins/moderators to judge them personally and wether or not to delete them when they get a very low rating. Or bump them to an approved section etc.
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-13-2004 , 06:59  
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyAccess
Quote:
Originally Posted by [RED-Designs
]
Quote:

Would loading of ones "accepted status" make the thread die or be moved to a such "vault" or "non-approved" section to make sure it can come back if it is raised or the plugin revived(rewritten)?
I see it this way.. non approved plugins will be shoved in a certain section. For admins/moderators to judge them personally and wether or not to delete them when they get a very low rating. Or bump them to an approved section etc.
Exactly my thought.

Also, I ment to say "losing" but I am to damn tired and sick to think straight.
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 03-13-2004 , 07:04  
Reply With Quote #26

Also side from rating system there could be 2nd menu for uses that include choices like this.

1. Already Exists Exact Duplicate
2. This isnt a plugin
3. Slightly Modified
4. ..... i dunno something to that.
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-13-2004 , 07:08  
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyAccess
Also side from rating system there could be 2nd menu for uses that include choices like this.

1. Already Exists Exact Duplicate
2. This isnt a plugin
3. Slightly Modified
4. ..... i dunno something to that.

1. Remake/Duplicate
2. Isnt a working plugin
3. Error does not compute
4. Cleaned up version
5. Cleaned up version with MORE mods supported
6. Converted for a different mod or mods

Not all of them would be bad, but markers that effect rating(mainly the bad ones). Enough bad choices would get it deleted.
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 03-13-2004 , 11:06  
Reply With Quote #28

You guys have many good ideas, maybe also allow the author to include links to server(s) using the plugin (Mods especially, more than plugins). That will save us from stuff like Calzinger did by bumping his threads all the time making it look active when I dont believe there was a working server with that mod anywhere. The potential of it was high, but other than a pipedream it wasn't anything but a good test bed for him to learn new tricks. He is a talented kid, but unresponsive so I gave up on that mod.

Maybe even make any Mod (or plugins requiring seperate modules) another section. Just brainstorming here to make things easier to sort thru when we get here.

Vic/DT
Old 03-13-2004 , 13:21   Good Idea...
Reply With Quote #29

ok ok..

We' cant wait.. everyone want now but I just woke up..

Bail/Dev seem to always be cookign something up. The structure sounds better than anything I have seen in the community..

I think it is gonna draw more attenion to amxX in a sort time after people see what u guys are doing!

Keep it up.. Get Some Sleep I was up till 3 last night and bail was still up and hes in the US!!!

Send a message via MSN to MagicShot Send a message via Yahoo to MagicShot