Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Current bugs in version 0.1

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2004 , 09:44  

OK PM has as it looks fixed the problems with Events, this is in CVS now. Those of you who know how to recompile, could you please do that and try running this and see if you get any problems events-wise. If you don't get any problems I guess we will release a new version quite soon.

This is a fix to amxmod core, so you only need to recompile that one and try it...

(this fixed the mess with godmode/multikill/high volume knifekills etc/etc on my server)
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2004 , 11:14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
BigBaller, did you read the changelog before removing them?? Great move... now it's very easy to buy the weapon you want to restrict...

/X
Not alwayz. Think about it.

If AWP is restricted, only way you can purchase it is from the buy menu, and if it is restricted then re-buy command cant work (as in give you AWP) because you never recieved the weapons in the first place.

And for auto buy command, these are the only weapons and euipment you can get with that command

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBuy.txt
m4a1
ak47
famas
galil
p90
mp5

primammo
secammo

defuser

vesthelm
vest
Now out of those weapons on the autobuy.txt, which ones should be restricted? come on now. removing those 4 lines does nothing to the rest of the plugin expect for allow what ever is in the autobuy.txt to be purchased to pass the weapon restriction.

But the thing is, on MOST servers, you can not edit the autobuy.txt because it is write protected soo many people will not notice this, I have tried to edit it on my server once before, a friends server, and a server I setup myself, it is write protected file and not many people are going to go through the trouble of working around that to edit a small file as the autobuy.txt

SO TO end all. its very easy to purchase a m4 or a aK if they are restricted! At least now my server clients are happy that those commands are fixed.

Now a good idea for the weapons restriction plugin would be allowing a option soo we can choose wether we want to restrict those commands, soo if we wanted to restrict them for awp_map only then we could set it up like that and then all weapons would be restricted in a sense.

XAD
Old 03-11-2004 , 14:24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller
If AWP is restricted, only way you can purchase it is from the buy menu, and if it is restricted then re-buy command cant work (as in give you AWP) because you never recieved the weapons in the first place.

And for auto buy command, these are the only weapons and euipment you can get with that command
OK, I was the one fixing the AMXmod restrict weapon plugin for steam.
People with your knowledge (based on the posted info) will be stopped but I did not have any problems to buy whatever I wanted from servers using versions of the plugin which did not block these commands. (Now I haven't tested since then. I wanted to test you server but you haven't restricted awp or shield so I couldn't.)

What I'm saying is that, only because YOU don't know how to hack it, doesn't mean it can't or that it is even complicated.

You are more than welcome to change the plugin as you want (hey it's your server) but please do not make other people think it's safe to do the same thing. If you don't know how I hacked around it, then how can you say it can't be done?

Please this is not a flamewar and not even personal attack on you. As I said before, you can do whatever you want and so can anyone else. I only want to warn people why I added it in the first place and your info is not changing anything. You can go to the AMXmod forum and see the discussion there as other told me the same thing at that time, but I was still able to get around it with ease...

/X

** edit, btw it's possible to change the code to allow the auto and rebuy commands and still restrict the correct weapons but I didn't felt like it was that important (no time and no need), but more important is that I would have give away how to hack other servers not using my fix, to all kids (not age but in mind) running around out there. /edit **
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2004 , 19:03  

I never said you couldnt get around it, if I did quote me please, people with average knowledge in CS and let alone server adminstration will not know how to "hack" around the plugin. That is the majority of the Counter-Strike community. This is not a microsoft product where if someone hacks around something it could basically screw many computers around the world up (i.e blaster worm)

I never said it was "safe" to use that plugin, I merely said you remove those 4 lines and the autobuy and rebuy commands will work agian on your server.

Nor was my post a flame or a personal attack, you should think of this as a "debate" because what is a forum for without people arguing one point or another? Nothing would get done unless there is some type of debate going on.

Now back to the topic at hand.

I havent found any seroius other flaws, I think optimizing some of the coding and fix what others have posted and everything is good to go for a next release.

Good Job guys!

MagicShot
Old 03-11-2004 , 23:01   Compile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
OK PM has as it looks fixed the problems with Events, this is in CVS now. Those of you who know how to recompile, could you please do that and try running this and see if you get any problems events-wise. If you don't get any problems I guess we will release a new version quite soon.

This is a fix to amxmod core, so you only need to recompile that one and try it...

(this fixed the mess with godmode/multikill/high volume knifekills etc/etc on my server)
I Will Try and compile this weekend..

Thanx jghg
Send a message via MSN to MagicShot Send a message via Yahoo to MagicShot
gahan
Old 03-13-2004 , 07:28   log dir prob

sorry for my english :)

I used some extra commands to start the server:
+localinfo amxx_basedir addons/amxx2 +localinfo amxx_modules addons/amxx2/modules.ini +localinfo amxx_plugins addons/amxx2/plugins.ini +localinfo amxx_cfg addons/amxx2/configs/core.ini +localinfo amxx_logdir addons/amxx2/logs
I've also modified core.ini

after i started the server, i saw:
L 03/13/2004 - 13:23:43: AMX Mod X log file started (file "addons/amxx/logs/L0313015.log") (version "0.1")

just after 'reload' it started logging to correct file:
reload
L 03/13/2004 - 13:24:15: Log file closed.
L 03/13/2004 - 13:24:15: AMX Mod X log file started (file "addons/amxx2/logs/L0313001.log") (version "0.1")

looks like a bug for me, altough it can be easily 'fixed' like +map de_dust2 +map de_dust2

anyway, i dont understand doubled local info sets:
localinfo
Local info settings:
amxx_basedir addons/amxx2
amxx_modules addons/amxx2/modules.ini
amxx_plugins addons/amxx2/plugins.ini
amxx_cfg addons/amxx2/configs/core.ini
amxx_logdir addons/amxx2/logs
amxx_vault addons/amxx/configs/vault.ini
amx_logdir addons/amxx2/logs
amx_modules addons/amxx2/modules.ini
amx_plugins addons/amxx2/plugins/plugins.ini
amx_vault addons/amxx2/vault.ini

why would we need some of them twice?
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-13-2004 , 07:55  

WelcomeMSG - non-1.5 isnt compatible with IOS due to IOS apparently not having HTML motd and it appearing when you are forced to join a team causing you not being able to join a team.

Work arounds:
1) Remove the plugin or use the old version(console based)
2) When connected WAIT for it to show then click the number of the team you want and click ok, then select your position.
would seriously disturb the relations of some
of the former inhabitants." - Charles Darwin
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
Closed Thread