Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CS:GO Scoreboard Name Color(s)

Post New Thread Reply   

Sprilo
Old 06-02-2015 , 11:35   CS:GO Scoreboard Name Color(s)
Reply With Quote #1

I was just wondering if anyone knew if the scoreboard name colors are handled client-sided or server-sided. I ask this because with the latest operation, player's names can be red (and italic) during missions.
http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...BDA6EFA5F6417/
I've included this image because it shows a bug(?) where the player's name was affected by the scoreboard color/italics.
It would be interesting to know if we were able to edit these values.
aexi0n
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-02-2015 , 11:49   Re: CS:GO Scoreboard Name Color(s)
Reply With Quote #2

No idea on the bug, but I know that you can change the scoreboard team name colors the same way you color text on a hint message with HTML. I remember Mitchell posting somewhere about doing it.
Sprilo
Old 06-03-2015 , 10:29   Re: CS:GO Scoreboard Name Color(s)
Reply With Quote #3

Found the post, thankyou aexi0n.
lay295
Old 06-04-2015 , 00:00   Re: CS:GO Scoreboard Name Color(s)
Reply With Quote #4

Would anyone happen to have example code that has this working? Tried sm_rename with html, but can't go that long.

Darkness_
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2015 , 01:19   Re: CS:GO Scoreboard Name Color(s)
Reply With Quote #5

If those screenshots are from a Valve server then these seem relevant. Haven't got a chance to play with them yet.

PHP Code:
CCSTeam (type DT_CSTeam)

Tablebaseclass (offset 0) (type DT_Team)

Memberm_iAssassinationTarget (offset 1344) (type integer) (bits 32) () 
PHP Code:
CCSGameRulesProxy (type DT_CSGameRulesProxy)

Tablem_nEndMatchMapGroupVoteOptions (offset 3444) (type m_nEndMatchMapGroupVoteOptions)

Memberm_iActiveAssassinationTargetMissionID (offset 2788) (type integer) (bits 32) () 
Doubt he is simply changing his name, considering there is no way you set a name that long over Steam.

Last edited by Darkness_; 06-04-2015 at 01:28.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 06-04-2015 , 09:17   Re: CS:GO Scoreboard Name Color(s)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness_ View Post
If those screenshots are from a Valve server then these seem relevant. Haven't got a chance to play with them yet.

PHP Code:
CCSTeam (type DT_CSTeam)

Tablebaseclass (offset 0) (type DT_Team)

Memberm_iAssassinationTarget (offset 1344) (type integer) (bits 32) () 
PHP Code:
CCSGameRulesProxy (type DT_CSGameRulesProxy)

Tablem_nEndMatchMapGroupVoteOptions (offset 3444) (type m_nEndMatchMapGroupVoteOptions)

Memberm_iActiveAssassinationTargetMissionID (offset 2788) (type integer) (bits 32) () 
Doubt he is simply changing his name, considering there is no way you set a name that long over Steam.
<font color='#FF0000'><i>Sergei</i></font> is over the 32 steam name limit, but not over the csgo's player name's limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
For those interested, there is now an official SetClientName native in the latest SM 1.8 (edit: and now 1.7.1) snapshots. It works for all games and fixes the quirks involved with this snippet.

Last edited by Mitchell; 06-04-2015 at 09:27.
RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-04-2015 , 10:34   Re: CS:GO Scoreboard Name Color(s)
Reply With Quote #7

Since this is something interesting I did toy around with setting a client name. Here are my observations.

Interestingly :
  • It seems the internal player-name buffer length is of size 128 (see attachment).
  • By using SetClientName, I can fully use that buffer.
  • I can only see 49 "1" or 30 "O" can be shown with the normal size. Different character takes different size. (the resolution I'm using is 1366x768; I don't know if it matters)
  • I can't seem to be able to use <font size='aValue'></font> in names.
  • Changing a client name doesn't trigger a name change (leaderboard & bottom-left alert) if the name length is only increased. For instance changing someone name from "11" to "112" won't trigger the change. Changing the currently used buffer (i.e. "11" to "12") or decreasing the name length will trigger a name change (i.e. "111" to "11") will.
  • sm_rename is outdated as it uses a buffer size of MAX_NAME_LENGTH (=32) ; so you better code your own function for the time being.

Red

EDIT : Strange, I'm unable to use any html tag in my name as I test... i.e. " sm_setNameWithALongBuffer "<font color='#FF0000'><i>Red</i></font>" " doesn't work (the HTML tags aren't considered and seen as plain text). Any idea on what might be the problem ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GetClientName.jpg (36.7 KB, 1489 views)
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work

Last edited by RedSword; 06-04-2015 at 10:53.
Darkness_
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2015 , 11:15   Re: CS:GO Scoreboard Name Color(s)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSword View Post
EDIT : Strange, I'm unable to use any html tag in my name as I test... i.e. " sm_setNameWithALongBuffer "<font color='#FF0000'><i>Red</i></font>" " doesn't work (the HTML tags aren't considered and seen as plain text). Any idea on what might be the problem ?
Same issue here.
lay295
Old 06-04-2015 , 13:29   Re: CS:GO Scoreboard Name Color(s)
Reply With Quote #9

I think there's probably a scoreboard name variable, separate from the actual name value.

When I use sm_rename on myself and type status in console, it reflects the changes and shows the new name.
In valve servers when someone has the red name and I type status in console, it shows their original name rather than the new name with html tags which makes me believe that they're not just changing the name.

Mitchell
~lick~
Old 06-04-2015 , 14:24   Re: CS:GO Scoreboard Name Color(s)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lay295 View Post
I think there's probably a scoreboard name variable, separate from the actual name value.

When I use sm_rename on myself and type status in console, it reflects the changes and shows the new name.
In valve servers when someone has the red name and I type status in console, it shows their original name rather than the new name with html tags which makes me believe that they're not just changing the name.
To add more on that, as a spectator you cannot see the red name.
However if 'sergei' holds his mic, and the round ends and a new sergei is selected, the old sergei (which is still holding his mic button) will still appear red/italicized.

Last edited by Mitchell; 06-04-2015 at 14:29.