Polymorph: Mod Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2019 , 00:07   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtxa View Post
I suggest you to add in the preconfig branch, after executing the preconfig, add the function server_exec(), so the .cfg is executed immediatly. I been experiencing some side-effects on my Zombie Mod X plugin because of that (I getting an old value of the cvar mp_teamlist in plugin_precache()).
I remember server_exec() sometimes crashing servers but I can't remember if it was just a bad server installation or just some strange anomaly.

Quote:
It would be better to keep everything in the polymorph folder, so please change the location of poly_preconfig.cfg. Also, do not plus one to g_iNextMod to follow the same index of .cfg mods (e.g. 0_deathrun.ini, 1_zombie)
It was originally just a very quick solution. If I were to implement it as a normal feature, I'd probably put it into the mod's config file (whether it be a path to a file to execute or just cvars to execute like the normal cvar setup).
Old 11-15-2019 , 16:38   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I remember server_exec() sometimes crashing servers but I can't remember if it was just a bad server installation or just some strange anomaly.
Pretty sure a bad server installation, or maybe a bad engineered plugin, who knows?

Quote:
It was originally just a very quick solution. If I were to implement it as a normal feature, I'd probably put it into the mod's config file (whether it be a path to a file to execute or just cvars to execute like the normal cvar setup).
Mod's config file? Well, It's just a matter of preference in this case.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2019 , 23:47   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1003

Quote:
Pretty sure a bad server installation, or maybe a bad engineered plugin, who knows?
Not related to the plugin at all.

Quote:
Mod's config file? Well, It's just a matter of preference in this case.
It's not just a matter of preference because there is no guarantee that the indices will always properly match up with the configuration file number. So, if I were to either leave it as it is or make the changes you suggested, there would still be a bug (fixed by incorporating it into the mod's config file; that's where the configuration is supposed to go anyways).
Old 11-19-2019 , 13:49   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1004

Well, you didn't mention that. Why there would be no guarantee that the indices will always properly match up? Every mod can have a preconfig file, right?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2019 , 21:49   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1005

Quote:
Well, you didn't mention that. Why there would be no guarantee that the indices will always properly match up? Every mod can have a preconfig file, right?
Because the integer used in the name of the normal mod config files aren't the actual index number. So, if you have the following files:
  • 1_Hello.ini
  • 3_World.ini

then they would have indices of 0 and 1 (meaning that your preconfig file, as it exists now, would have to be 0 and 1, not 1 and 3). A practical example being if someone decided to disable one of the mods, they could easily change the name of the file without having to change the name of all the other mods' config files (e.g. I removed mod 2).
Old 12-21-2019 , 00:34   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1006

Sometimes with the poly_rtv it says there's 0 more rtv required (Even if under 4 minutes, instead of giving the message that you can't rtv says the same)
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-21-2019 , 14:27   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivotril View Post
Sometimes with the poly_rtv it says there's 0 more rtv required (Even if under 4 minutes, instead of giving the message that you can't rtv says the same)
The only place I can see that it would say "0 more rtv required" is if you already rocked the vote and you also see the "[RTV] You already voted.". Is that what you are talking about?
Old 12-23-2019 , 13:53   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1008

Quote:
The only place I can see that it would say "0 more rtv required" is if you already rocked the vote and you also see the "[RTV] You already voted.". Is that what you are talking about?
Yeah, that's it
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-28-2019 , 21:08   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivotril View Post
Yeah, that's it
Ok, I've created an issue on GitHub to track it but I've not got to it yet.
Old 02-18-2020 , 16:00   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1010

An option to 'ban recent mods' like Galileo would be pretty good!