Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Release SourceBans++ (v1.6.4) [Updated: 2021-10-06]

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

VPPGamingNetwork
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2018 , 22:48   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleFrog View Post
Update completely, this means, OVERWRITE the config files with the new ones.

We provide MOTD Ads
Net 1 payments
Visit us
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-30-2018 , 22:21   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

is there a changelog somewhere?
Old 05-01-2018 , 04:00   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

https://sbpp.github.io/blog/1.6.3_release/
MyWarthog
Old 05-03-2018 , 23:24   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

I have a question. Under new EU Data Protection laws (the GDPR)... it is now a legal requirement that data protection must be built into software by default. Ban database downloads can no longer be allowed, old bans have to be automatically purged from the database, bans can not be listed publically unless opted in by the user to display their profile information to the public, and must be concealed if a user changes their Steam privacy settings to hide information.

Please tell me that SourceBans has no intention of actually complying with this bullshit...

Last edited by MyWarthog; 05-03-2018 at 23:25.
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-04-2018 , 06:59   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyWarthog View Post
I have a question. Under new EU Data Protection laws (the GDPR)... it is now a legal requirement that data protection must be built into software by default. Ban database downloads can no longer be allowed, old bans have to be automatically purged from the database, bans can not be listed publically unless opted in by the user to display their profile information to the public, and must be concealed if a user changes their Steam privacy settings to hide information.

Please tell me that SourceBans has no intention of actually complying with this bullshit...
If it's law like you say, I think you're bound to.

But this can be bypassed very easily, after all your server, or any place that it accesses concerning your server, has rules, that is, it agrees on your your information collected and divide or shared if necessary.

So I believe...
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-04-2018 , 07:18   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyWarthog View Post

Under my understanding, GDPR changes nothing other than what you do with the data. If you're collecting IP, Username, SteamID, etc from a ban it is needed in order to combat and ban evasions for your service etc as well as gives you evidence for charge backs if they let's say buy something from you.

What SourceBans does in terms of storing data is nothing remotely illegal in terms of GDPR, all you must do is NOT display people's IPs on your ban page as that is TECHNICALLY personal information you're giving out to public figures. Steam ID & Names are not personal data and therefore you can display publicly as they are already forced public as it is.

You will also not need to delete information about people if they request you to do so as it is within your best interest to cover yourself from any means of harm to your servers (business let's say if you run yours as a business, take me for example).

I've had a few meetings in regards to GDPR standards and it changes absolutely NOTHING other than what you actually store data for & the best ways to combat data breaches.

TLDR: You do not need to worry about what SourceBans are doing, just do NOT display IPs.

Last edited by Lubricant Jam; 05-04-2018 at 07:20. Reason: Added a TLDR.
Grainz
Old 05-07-2018 , 18:58   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Since upgrading to 1.6.3, I am receiving "Error connecting" to every server I have added. Games include Left 4 Dead 2, Team Fortress 2, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I did an upgrade at first then I tried a clean install.
Grainz
Old 05-08-2018 , 12:41   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainz View Post
Since upgrading to 1.6.3, I am receiving "Error connecting" to every server I have added. Games include Left 4 Dead 2, Team Fortress 2, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I did an upgrade at first then I tried a clean install.
Solved this on my own.
To query Source based servers, PHP requires the GMP module.
It was commented out in my XAMPP environment inside of php.ini where SB is installed to.

Code:
extension=php_gmp.dll

Last edited by Grainz; 05-08-2018 at 12:41.
Xenoadria
Old 05-16-2018 , 06:54   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Hey guys I was wondering if it's possible to make a ban message like this:

https://imgur.com/FYcQUwV

Boompanel used this type of ban message. Is it possible to make this kind of message with sourcebans++ ?

Last edited by Xenoadria; 05-16-2018 at 06:54.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-16-2018 , 09:21   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoadria View Post
Hey guys I was wondering if it's possible to make a ban message like this:

https://imgur.com/FYcQUwV

Boompanel used this type of ban message. Is it possible to make this kind of message with sourcebans++ ?
It is not completely impossible to do:

Every place where SB has "Banned Check Site", you need to adjust things, and it may become a little bit more tricky as not all callbacks and such where the phrase is used, may contain al the data that you want (such as fo example admin name and reason).

If that's the case, you need to rewrite the SQL queries to also fetch that data for you, or the natives to pass the data along every time...

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Closed Thread