Show Damage (1.0.7)

Post New Thread Reply   

exvel
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-20-2009 , 00:25   Re: Show Damage v1.0.1
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OziOn View Post
Well, it did work for the first 5 minutes, but after a while it stopped doing anything. Newly connected clients would see it, but after some time it would disappear from them too.

p.s. I re-installed SM not more than a couple of days ago, so I think I do. Is there a command to see what build I've got?
Anyway, did you try a new version? Is there all ok?
p.s. "sm version" -> Build ID

For developers: Colors library
Send a message via ICQ to exvel
OziOn
Old 02-20-2009 , 09:57   Re: Show Damage v1.0.2
Reply With Quote #22

I'm using version 1.0.2 of this plugin, and everything is working as it should.
I do have a couple things to add though...
It would be really helpful to have a different message for friendly fire, so that you can extinct when you do FF damage to normal damage, like "FF -30 HP", to keep it simple.
Also, in L4D, when you wound yourself the plugin will tell you how much damage you're loosing. Dunno if this is a bug. For instance, if you stand in fire, it will show -1 HP for each "hit" you take while standing in the flames.

ulx
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-20-2009 , 10:15   Re: Show Damage v1.0.2
Reply With Quote #23

looks very cool ... question: will it also show damage, if you throw a HE grenade around a corner and hurt an enemy beeing there (which you don't see from your current position)? If so, its kinda cheating then as you know now that there's an enemy, althought you can't see him.

If it doesn't show damage from enemies you don't see, I'll put it onto our huge public server. Did anyone already tried that out?
Old 02-20-2009 , 10:56   Re: Show Damage v1.0.2
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
I'm using version 1.0.2 of this plugin, and everything is working as it should.
I do have a couple things to add though...
It would be really helpful to have a different message for friendly fire, so that you can extinct when you do FF damage to normal damage, like "FF -30 HP", to keep it simple.
Also, in L4D, when you wound yourself the plugin will tell you how much damage you're loosing. Dunno if this is a bug. For instance, if you stand in fire, it will show -1 HP for each "hit" you take while standing in the flames.
If you think this disabling your own damage is needed very much I will do it. This feature is not important for me so I can disable it.
About "FF" prefix damage. I think this already done by Valve. Each game (especially in L4D) already has it own mechanism for showing warning messages when you hit your teammate. Also there are many plugins for such kind of warning messages.

Last edited by exvel; 02-20-2009 at 11:09.
exvel
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-20-2009 , 10:59   Re: Show Damage v1.0.2
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulx View Post
looks very cool ... question: will it also show damage, if you throw a HE grenade around a corner and hurt an enemy beeing there (which you don't see from your current position)? If so, its kinda cheating then as you know now that there's an enemy, althought you can't see him.

If it doesn't show damage from enemies you don't see, I'll put it onto our huge public server. Did anyone already tried that out?
Yeap, it will show your damage anyway. But I will think about how to add such kind of feature (I think I need to understand how to work with vector functions of sourcemod for this).

Last edited by exvel; 02-20-2009 at 11:05.
ulx
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-20-2009 , 11:03   Re: Show Damage v1.0.2
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by exvel View Post
Yeap, it will show your damage anyway. But I will think about how to add such feature (I think I need to understand how to work with vectors functions of sourcemod for this).
thanks, but I can't use it then. if it shows damage only of enemies that you see it would be perfect. please check our what you can do
Old 02-20-2009 , 13:41   Re: Show Damage v1.0.2
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by exvel View Post
If you think this disabling your own damage is needed very much I will do it. This feature is not important for me so I can disable it.
About "FF" prefix damage. I think this already done by Valve. Each game (especially in L4D) already has it own mechanism for showing warning messages when you hit your teammate. Also there are many plugins for such kind of warning messages.
I actually think that adding the FF prefix is actually more important than the own damage thing

exvel
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-20-2009 , 14:06   Re: Show Damage v1.0.2
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
I actually think that adding the FF prefix is actually more important than the own damage thing
There is a one thing that makes it to be hard. When plugin shows damage it actually summarizes each damage done in game frame. This allows right calcullation of damge for such kind of weapon like shotgun or bomb when multiple damages done at the moment to multiple enemies (and teammates). So it is impossible for the plugin to separate normal damage and FF damage, it only can don't count FF damage if the option is set. =(

OziOn
Old 02-20-2009 , 15:46   Re: Show Damage v1.0.2
Reply With Quote #29

Ow
Oh well, I still find the plugin very useful. Thanks for all your support!

exvel
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-21-2009 , 11:38   Re: Show Damage v1.0.3
Reply With Quote #30

• Added cvar for player own damage (sm_show_damage_own_dmg)