Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Action based on round time.

Post New Thread Reply   

-M-Jon
Old 08-08-2011 , 11:04   Action based on round time.
Reply With Quote #1

I've searched around in the previous threads available regarding this and I haven't been able to come up with a solution. Because of the inaccuracy of long timers, I was hoping to set an action based on the round timer. For example

if (roundtime == 30)
PrintToChatAll("\x03[SM]: \x01Thirty seconds in the round remaining.");

Thanks!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-08-2011 , 11:40   Re: Action based on round time.
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by -M-Jon View Post
Because of the inaccuracy of long timers
What inaccuracy? When the SourceMod docs say the timers are low accuracy, it means that the timer tick may not happen at the exact millisecond it should, but it generally isn't that far off.

Yes, it's bad if you need millisecond precision, but it's fairly accurate to the second.

For example, MapChooser uses a timer to know when to start end of map votes.

MapChooser Extended takes this one step further and uses timer ticks for a countdown timer; with voice clips, so it'd be really obvious if they were way off. These are still reasonably accurate.
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-08-2011 , 17:33   Re: Action based on round time.
Reply With Quote #3

You could always store the round start time in an global variable and have a timer running for like 28.0 seconds, start a 1.0 timer in that callback and repeat the timer. In that second timer just do what you said if(GetTime() - g_iRoundStartTime == 30) PrintToChatAll("You're already playing 30 seconds in this round!!!1");

But that's a pretty messy solution and you'd need to check, if the action for the current condition wasn't already executed, if the timer is called twice in one seconds.

You'd need to check the mp_roundtime and mp_freezetime convars for roundending timings though.

But still, as Powerlord said, timers are pretty accurate if you don't want to syncronize with the gametime.