Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Improving WeaponMod

Post New Thread Reply   

SeriousSam
Old 08-29-2012 , 05:08   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #71

Well no, I don't keep it, sorry. You can come try my new project when it's finished.

If you know what you're doing and get a hold of the original Weaponmod, it's not too hard to do the same, it took me that long because I didn't know anything about coding when I started it
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2012 , 05:33   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #72

I guess I can try making something on my own, now that I look at it, I would have to rip many parts of your additions. Still a shame, though.

And your mod/game looks very promising. If it can be moddable, I can actually look into it.
Old 03-04-2014 , 13:52   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #73

I guess I was biting more than I can chew. UDK is pretty complex, and documentation is lacking to say the least. It didn't take me long to give up on that. Now I got my motivation back to do a counter-strike 1.7 with more guns and maps and have fun. But I haven't decided yet whether I should do it as an amx mod x plugin/module, or go all out and reverse-engineer cs 1.6 as a half-life mod with the HL SDK and then add weapons and maps there, unobstructed by amx limitations.
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 03-04-2014 , 13:59   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #74

HL1 mods are dying, if you want to hit large audience, you should keep amxx/module. That's said, it could be interesting as HL1 mod too. Anyway for both, you are going to get some headaches, ahah.
Old 03-04-2014 , 14:07   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #75

Not as much headaches as I had with UDK I want to believe that I have a general idea of how the goldsrc engine works after I've been fiddling with it for so long I'm not really chasing a large audience anyway, as long as I can have fun with my friends it's worth doing But I can see they've updated it not long ago, it requires new versions of metamod and amx mod x now? And steamcmd instead of hldsupdatetool? I hope the HL SDK would still work

Arkshine, your CS Weapon Mod (72%) in your sig, I briefly came around last year and it was still at 72, do you intend to work on it?
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 03-04-2014 , 14:12   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #76

HLSDK has been updated too, you can find it on github.

I was busy the past months, now I'm back slowly to AMXX business. I've lost all my datas at some point but a friend had most likely a recent version what I've done until now. Will see what I can do from that.
Old 03-04-2014 , 14:31   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #77

Looking at the forum index, there are only 2 sections, for AMXX and for SourceMod. I guess I should keep it as AMXX mod in order to get support here. Though a HL1 mod is quite attractive as well, since I can use most assets like maps and models and stuff that I already have instead of having to build new ones. Not to mention that I'll be able to do the new weapons the way I originally wanted them - with HUD icons and weapon attachments and much, much more weapons than the 512 file limit allows. But that in itself presents a problem - the current quick buying system where you can go B-4-3 and be ready to fight. If I have too many weapons I will have to think of another way to purchase them quickly.

If I do a amx module instead of amx plugin, would I have access to additional functions and features that are not possible with plugin?
Old 03-09-2014, 20:49
tigerrrflame
This message has been deleted by tigerrrflame.
SeriousSam
Old 03-13-2014 , 18:41   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #78

I found something pretty interesting, some russians sort of reverse-engineered the GoldSrc engine and removed the restrictions, added some improvements too. I probably shouldn't mention the name of the new engine because I have the feeling it's probably illegal, but it's open source, and it might turn out to be my best bet for making my counter-strike 1.7 with more guns and stuff
Old 03-20-2014 , 08:11   Re: Improving WeaponMod
Reply With Quote #79

SeriousSam, i created ,using a lot of plugins, a new cs 1.6, with a lot of guns like plasma guns, special rifles, custom pistols etc. maybe can you check it?itīs full of bugs and scripting errors, but itīs stable.
Sorry for bad english, iīm from Brazil haha
link if you interested: https://mega.co.nz/#!hkd2xLSQ!Uow7D3...BDrrWEGMZsmLmU