Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-18-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

chatyak
Old 12-20-2017 , 21:47   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-18-17)
Reply With Quote #11

How do you edit which button to use to get up?

Last edited by chatyak; 12-20-2017 at 21:48.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-20-2017 , 22:18   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-18-17)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
How do you edit which button to use to get up?
See the README scuffle_shiftbit cvar.
theproperson
Old 12-22-2017 , 16:05   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-18-17)
Reply With Quote #13

Loving this plugin, It's fixed a lot of the long time issues with self revive plugins.

Im wondering will bot self revives be supported, similar to the AutoHelp plugin by chinagreenelvis?
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-26-2017 , 06:01   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-18-17)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproperson View Post
Loving this plugin, It's fixed a lot of the long time issues with self revive plugins.

Im wondering will bot self revives be supported, similar to the AutoHelp plugin by chinagreenelvis?
I thought about it and Lux has mentioned it but neither one of us really looked into it beyond a conversation. If there was enough support for it maybe, but personally I'm not interested in implementing it.
theproperson
Old 12-27-2017 , 00:18   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-18-17)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
I thought about it and Lux has mentioned it but neither one of us really looked into it beyond a conversation. If there was enough support for it maybe, but personally I'm not interested in implementing it.
Dang, I was really looking forward to that. Guess im going to have to switch back to buggy autohelp then.
It isn't really working so well on my coop versus 8 v 8 server since bots can't save themselves and continue matches.

Really appreciate the work you guys put into this plugin though.

//Update

Tried using the plugins together and they seem to work in sync perfectly lol. Scuffle only supports players and autohelp worked way way way better for bots than actual players. The sync is making everything work exactly how i wanted with all survivors having a chance to save themselves in situations where a teammate can't always be there.

Last edited by theproperson; 12-27-2017 at 02:24. Reason: Added important information
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-27-2017 , 12:23   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-18-17)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproperson View Post
Dang, I was really looking forward to that. Guess im going to have to switch back to buggy autohelp then.
It isn't really working so well on my coop versus 8 v 8 server since bots can't save themselves and continue matches.

Really appreciate the work you guys put into this plugin though.

//Update

Tried using the plugins together and they seem to work in sync perfectly lol. Scuffle only supports players and autohelp worked way way way better for bots than actual players. The sync is making everything work exactly how i wanted with all survivors having a chance to save themselves in situations where a teammate can't always be there.
Cool, if several other people can confirm that this is true, I'll link to the plugin as a compliment in the main post. Thanks for the feedback
theproperson
Old 12-27-2017 , 23:05   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-18-17)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
Cool, if several other people can confirm that this is true, I'll link to the plugin as a compliment in the main post. Thanks for the feedback
You are welcome, But I have one problem to report from autohelp to let other players be aware of.
Even when you have save from special infected disabled, you will always be freed from a special grab at some point. Usually happens around the 100-150 incap hp range. Technically this prevents both bots and players from ever being able to die from a grab. But you will still die normally while black and white.
geipoe
BANNED
Old 01-26-2018 , 12:00   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-18-17)
Reply With Quote #18

Hello, thank you for releasing such a good self-help plug-in, running well on my server. But there's a small problem here. When a player incap and he has the items for him to help himself, an empty bar appears and always appears. The bar behaves normally when the player is saving himself, but is always empty if the other player helps him. is this problem is my server own problem?
Sorry for the bad English expression, i used the google translator.

Last edited by geipoe; 01-26-2018 at 14:37.
Send a message via ICQ to geipoe Send a message via AIM to geipoe Send a message via Yahoo to geipoe
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-26-2018 , 17:42   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-18-17)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by geipoe View Post
Hello, thank you for releasing such a good self-help plug-in, running well on my server. But there's a small problem here. When a player incap and he has the items for him to help himself, an empty bar appears and always appears. The bar behaves normally when the player is saving himself, but is always empty if the other player helps him. is this problem is my server own problem?
Sorry for the bad English expression, i used the google translator.
This is a bug but it's normal. I'm not going to look into fixing it and you're not the only one to experience it.
Xanaguy
Old 10-08-2018 , 18:32   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-18-17)
Reply With Quote #20

This plugin is fantastic for providing the ability to help yourself via a quick button-mashing minigame. I've decided to change two of the same checks (GetClientTeam(Client) == 2) to (GetClientTeam(Client) != 3) to make the plugin function the same way, but also make it available for those that are on Team 4.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (scuffleTeam4.sp - 401 views - 39.6 KB)

Last edited by Xanaguy; 10-08-2018 at 18:33.