Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] SMASH BROS (version 05.01.2016.stable.2)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
05.01.2016.stable.2
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    War3Evo's version of Smash Bros from scratch.
    Old 06-18-2015 , 18:47   [TF2] SMASH BROS (version 05.01.2016.stable.2)
    Reply With Quote #1

Some information about this game mode: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Smash_Bros.

Our version allows players to climb walls.. just hit the wall with your melee weapon while looking up.

WHAT YOU MUST DO FOR ALL FUTURE UPDATES TO WORK:
    * Remove sb_addon_weapon_switcher
    from your plugins folder!
    * Remove tf2-weapon-restrictions from your plugins folder!
    * Remove sb_engine_calculations.smx from your plugins folder!
    * Remove sb_engine_damagesystem.smx from your plugins folder!
    * Remove sb_engine_display.smx from your plugins folder!
    * Remove sb_engine_sound.smx from your plugins folder!
    * Remove sb_engine_weapon_manager.smx from your plugins folder!

* Do not use ANY bhop plugin.
    We have modified someone else's Bhop plugin in order for it to function correctly with our own and included it in our system. You can enable it by enabling its convar: fc_enabled 1

* These files are safe to remove if you want, but is created to help enhance your game. They are considered addons: sb_wallwalking.smx, sb_item_spawner.smx, sb_addon_fc.smx, (000_box_main.smx and 000_box_engine.smx), sb_forcejoin.smx

Updates:
    Code:
    Updates since version 04.23.2016.stable.1

* Cleaned up code so that other developers can find things faster and as you can see the ZIP file is smaller, the code is smaller, and it is now more efficient.  This version runs more smoothly.

* Removed sb_engine_calculations.smx
    * Removed sb_engine_damagesystem.smx
    * Removed sb_engine_display.smx
    * Removed sb_engine_sound.smx
    * Removed sb_engine_weapon_manager.smx

* added kill zone outside box per request
    * help prevent demos from using stickies to keep themselves launched in the air
    * fix flare damage to self to zero
    * score board is now fixed to show players how many lives everyone has in it
    * bhop compatibility plugin update / prevent players from falling off map while in bhop mode when round starts.
    *  added special effects (Rag Doll death and gore)
    * updated to prevent false deaths
    * Several misc bug fixes

Updates since version 1.4 (last of this version system)

New version system will follow this format:  DAY.MONTH.YEAR.build type.build number

The new version system will be more useful for everyone.

* fixes issues with custom taunts killing players and backstab related issues
    * show red / blue team score while dead too
    * updated specator display
    * A modified addon first created by thaCURSEDpie, then modified by El Diablo.  This addon starts disabled, you'll have to add fc_enabled 1 to your server.cfg to enable it.
    * added sb_fc_bhop to allow server owners to tweek the fc addon variable
    * Removed tf2-weapon-restrictions plugin requirement and will be working on writing code so that the addon weapon switcher plugin will start handling the requests via a cfg file
    * Weapon manager now handles weapon switching too in its configuration file!
    * removed sb_addon_weapon_switcher.sp and sb_addon_weapon_switcher.smx
    * updated sb_weapons.cfg
    * Updated so that players can now use !scout, !sniper, !soldier, !demo, !medic, !heavy, !pyro, !spy, !engi for changing class for next spawn instead of the menu!
    * You can now "block" weapons via the sb_weapons.cfg
    * added sb_medicheal and sb_medicmegaheal so owners can adjust the amount of healing a medic will do to players
    * on round active uber all players for 5 seconds (to help prevent playering from all possible shooting to death)

Updates since version 1.3:

* A help menu will popup on first spawn of any player to show them commands they have access to.
    * Item Spawner Power UPs: Speedy, Slowed, Milked, Ubered, Stealth, Reduced Damage percentage, etc.
    * Medics can see the damage and lives of the player they are healing.
    * Extensive work on balancing the teams and lives has been done since this project started.
    * Kill zones have been added to a few maps, and will be updated regularly.
    * Now has support for God Tony's updater plugin that we HIGHLY recommend you download and install to keep up to date.
    * Added Announcer voice to announce the count down timer when time gets close.
    * Updated and fixed plugin lag.
    * First round of map is always sudden death.  Which is our current fix for unbalanced teams when players are first joining on a map change.
    * Server owner now has full control over the knock back feedback Angles and Upward force!
    * You can see all other changes here: https://github.com/War3Evo/TF2-Super...commits/master
    Server.cfg:

It is highly recommended you add the below convars to your server.cfg file so that this game mode will run correctly!

mp_autoteambalance 0
    mp_teams_unbalance_limit 0
    mp_enableroundwaittime 0
    mp_restartround 0
    mp_stalemate_timelimit 0
    mp_stalemate_enable 0
    mp_waitingforplayers_restart 1
    mp_waitingforplayers_cancel 1
    tf_arena_override_team_size 1
    tf_arena_use_queue 0

ConVars:

GENERAL

sb_lives 3 - set the amount of lives each player has to start with
    sb_roundtime 300.0 - Round Time in Seconds

AIR CONTROL

sb_angles 50.0 - Angles from 0 to 89. 0 looking down and up to 89 looking up.
    sb_upward_force 1.5 - The upward force multiplier.

WEAPONS

sb_weapon_enabled 1 - to enable or disable weapon manager. 1 enable / 0 disable.

MEDIC
    Medic healing is X healing per second

sb_medichealself 2 - how much healing will the medic do for themselves at all times
    sb_medicheal 1 - how much healing will the medic do for other players
    sb_medicmegaheal 1 - how much extra healing will the medic do for other players (its basically sb_medicheal + sb_medicmegaheal for the math)

BHOP

fc_enabled 0 - to enable the bhop system we modified and included with Smash Bros you must set this to 1. it comes default disabled. You must add this to your server.cfg and restart your game server after doing so for this to work.
    sb_fc_bhop 0.5 - fc disable bhop on spawn for seconds (helps prevent players from flying off screen when they spawn a new life). If this isn't working, try increasing the number or enabling fc_enabled.

CHAT SYSTEM

sb_chatmsg 0
    - Enable chat messages of team scores in chat.
    sb_chatmsg_balance 1 - Enable showing player balance information of lives during beginning of round.

Root Commands:

reloadcfg
    - reloads the smash bros weapon configuration file (configs/sb_weapons.cfg)
    reloadswitcher - reloads the switcher information from the smash bros weapon configuration file (configs/sb_weapons.cfg)

Item Spawner:

sm_clearitems - clears all items on map
    sm_loaditems - loads items from configuration file
    sm_saveitems - saves items to configuration file for map

sm_items - allows you to spawn special items where you look

sm_sbammo <full / medium / small> - allows you to spawn ammo where your looking
    sm_sbpower <full / medium / small> - allows you to spawn power ups where your looking

sm_lives - shows you all players and how many lives they have in your console

Player Commands:

sm_sbclass or !sbclass or /sbclass - allows players to change class when they spawn next during any round.

Also allows players to change class when they spawn next during any round:
    !scout
    !sniper
    !soldier
    !demo
    !medic
    !heavy
    !pyro
    !spy
    !engi

MAPS?

http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/170779 - sb_citypeak_v1
    http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/166626 - sb_ovni_v1

Google Search:

https://www.google.com/webhp?ie=utf-...&q=sb_+bsp.bz2
    https://www.google.com/webhp?ie=utf-...itypeak_v1.bsp

You may have to google for the other maps, or just join a current smash bros server and download one of their maps.

I'll try later maybe to create a map pack.

Sourcemod Plugin Requirements
    =============================

* At least sourcemod 1.7
    http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php

* Sourcemod Metamod (at least 1.10.1)
    http://www.sourcemm.net/

* SteamTools Extension
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=129763

* The latest build of TF2items
    https://builds.limetech.org/?p=tf2items

* A Copy of the latest version of [TF2] TF2Attributes by FlaminSarge
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=210221

Optional Addons
    ===============

* [TF2] SteamTools Game Description Override - So you can name your game "SmashBros" or "Smash Fortress"
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1583349

Sorry this build can not be compiled using the sourcemod compiler, and must be compiled special. You can click on this link for the Latest Version.

Current build status:

Built using sourcemod-1.7.3-git5212-linux.tar.gz

Click here for the (LATEST STABLE BUILD)

Click here for the (EXPERIMENT DEVELOP BUILD)

Jenkins auto compiled binary and source code

Fair Warning: This game needs to be balanced by you (the server owner) as I expect each server will want to run their own "flavor" of this mod. Check out the sb_weapons.cfg that comes with this mod for examples on how to update it for your own happiness. If you have questions, do ask anytime!

The below attachment will not be updated often. It was last updated on 04/23/2016. It is here just in case you can not access the above link for the latest build. Added a 2nd build dated for 05.01.2016.stable.2 and it is our latest build.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip smashbros_stable.zip (276.5 KB, 683 views)
    File Type: zip 05.01.2016.stable.2.zip (257.0 KB, 839 views)

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 05-01-2016 at 18:50. Reason: new stable version
    Happy DODs player
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 06-19-2015 , 03:19   Re: [TF2] SMASH BROS (version 1.3.0 - 18 JUN 2015)
    Reply With Quote #2

Nice job
    Creampuffyness
    Old 06-19-2015 , 11:17   Re: [TF2] SMASH BROS (version 1.3.0 - 18 JUN 2015)
    Reply With Quote #3

Awesome. I will try this later.
    Old 06-19-2015 , 19:13   Re: [TF2] SMASH BROS (version 1.3.0 - 18 JUN 2015)
    Reply With Quote #4

Someone had suggested I move the config file location to /sourcemod/configs/smashbros/ .. so in a build or two I think I'll move all the configuration files to that location.

please do post any updated sb_weapons.cfg if you update it for better balance.

Also would like any sb_items_*.cfg for any maps that we don't have it for, that you created item locations for.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 06-19-2015 at 19:15.
    Creampuffyness
    Old 06-22-2015 , 11:06   Re: [TF2] SMASH BROS (version 1.3.0 - 18 JUN 2015)
    Reply With Quote #5

Tested this out last night. Few things to note:

When fighting people, the dmg % for "You" and "Enemy" seems to be correct, for awhile, but then seem to mirror eachother incorrectly. We tested this by me hitting someone like 9 or 10 times, and they hit me once with the same weapon. We both confirmed we were both at like 958%

When 1v1, there are no lives, round just ends.

The game mode was fun, I look forward to playing more of it. Just a few kinks to work out.
    Old 06-22-2015 , 17:38   Re: [TF2] SMASH BROS (version 1.3.0 - 18 JUN 2015)
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Creampuffyness View Post
    Tested this out last night. Few things to note:

When fighting people, the dmg % for "You" and "Enemy" seems to be correct, for awhile, but then seem to mirror eachother incorrectly. We tested this by me hitting someone like 9 or 10 times, and they hit me once with the same weapon. We both confirmed we were both at like 958%
    ^ I'm not sure what your trying to say.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Creampuffyness View Post
    When 1v1, there are no lives, round just ends.

The game mode was fun, I look forward to playing more of it. Just a few kinks to work out.
    1 vs 1 should probably display 0 lives...

I've been debating on how to go about it... Because its arena, as soon as only 1 person is left.. the game is over.

I'm not sure how to handle "deaths" in arena mode on 1 vs 1.. other than to spawn some "invincible bots" that don't move or fight, and are invisible, then the lives things should work correctly.

The other option is a lot harder.. how do I detect if you hit a kill zone, or the zone that is suppose to kill you for being outside the map and prevent your "death" and charge a life, and make you respawn back into a spawn point? I think I need to know the name of the kill zone entity and then detect when you touch it, in order to pull this one off..

So, the 1 v 1 is broken until either I figure it out or someone in sourcemod can give some advice.
    Old 06-24-2015 , 00:42   Re: [TF2] SMASH BROS (version 1.3.0 - 18 JUN 2015)
    Reply With Quote #7

Heyo, I updated TF2Attributes, so let me know if any compatibility with this plugin breaks.

With regards to the arena stuff, you could probably add the TFCond_PreventDeath condition to everyone, check its removal in OnConditionRemoved, and do something from there.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
    Post in plugin threads with questions.
    Steam is for playing games.
    You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
    Psyduck likes replays.
    El Diablo War3Evo
    Veteran Member
    Old 06-24-2015 , 02:57   Re: [TF2] SMASH BROS (version 1.3.0 - 18 JUN 2015)
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
    Heyo, I updated TF2Attributes, so let me know if any compatibility with this plugin breaks.

With regards to the arena stuff, you could probably add the TFCond_PreventDeath condition to everyone, check its removal in OnConditionRemoved, and do something from there.
    Alright, updated the link and gives you credit

I'll look into using PreventDeath condition.... The only thing I think is that OnConditionRemoved has some "lag" issues at times, like it doesn't catch some stuff fast enough.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 06-24-2015 at 02:58.
    Creampuffyness
    Old 06-28-2015 , 19:57   Re: [TF2] SMASH BROS (version 1.3.0 - 18 JUN 2015)
    Reply With Quote #9

Needs some pretty serious weapon tweaking to be properly playable. Since lots of maps do not have ammopacks, I added an infinite ammo mod to even be playable with lots of people.

Some weapons seem to be restricted which is good, but there are more which need to be added, and maybe some removed. I'll post more info when I have something workable.

War3Evo,
    It looks like you have a server up for this. Do you have any specific changes/mods/restrictions you are using to better balance?
    Old 07-19-2015 , 10:23   Re: [TF2] SMASH BROS (version 1.3.0 - 18 JUN 2015)
    Reply With Quote #10

Would be cool if the powerups have their own models

Maybe add weapon attributes like in ff2.

Also a cvar for free for all would be great and cvar for self damage while rocket- or stickyjumping would be also cool

Last edited by NickischLP; 07-19-2015 at 17:43.
    Send a message via Skype™ to NickischLP