Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Pay][REQ] TF2 Freeze Tag

Post New Thread Reply   

Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 07-19-2012 , 01:53   Re: [Pay][REQ] TF2 Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #11

I got a lot more work done on it and I think that it might be finished. Just need to test it.

It can run alongside basically any gamemode. Probably.

You're not allowed to suicide while you're frozen.

When you're frozen, you're frozen in a manner identical to sm_freeze, and placed into the lost round humiliation stance. Teammates have to stand within a certain distance of you (configurable via cvar), and they will begin thawing you. When teammates are in the thaw radius, your health begins regenerating at a rate configurable via cvar (default 10 HP per tick, one tick is 0.5 seconds). You will be unfrozen when your health reaches 150% your max health (max overheal). If multiple teammates are in the radius, the regeneration will go faster. If all teammates leave the radius partway through the thawing process, after a few seconds (configurable) your HP will begin fading back down to 1.

I'm probably planning on adding glow functionality, to where when the total number of unfrozen players drops below a certain number, all unfrozen players glow (have an outline visible through walls). This would of course be configurable and would be disabled by default.
Old 07-19-2012 , 02:34   Re: [Pay][REQ] TF2 Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #12

Awesome, I'll certainly enjoy testing this out...
Is this something that we'll be able to enable/disable on the fly?
I'd love for my admins to be able to start a freeze tag vote during stale matches.
Also, I like your idea of the glow, to keep those pesky hide n seek players from dragging things on.
Old 07-19-2012 , 03:07   Re: [Pay][REQ] TF2 Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimeCounty View Post
Is this something that we'll be able to enable/disable on the fly?
Wasn't really something I planned, but I guess I'll add a cvar to enable/disable it.
Old 07-19-2012 , 09:15   Re: [Pay][REQ] TF2 Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #14

I wonder if you could create a ragdoll in the player's location and then turn them invisible. The reason for this? To set m_bIceRagdoll on the ragdoll, of course! The downside would be that the ice ragdolls fall over after a while and can be moved using physics. I'm not sure if you can SetEntityMoveType to MOVETYPE_NONE on ragdolls to prevent this or not.

Also, I'm not sure if Ragdolls disappear after a while automatically or not. You may be able to get around this by storing an array[MAXPLAYERS] of the ragdoll entity for each player and recreating them in OnEntityDestroyed, making sure you unset the array value for a player on unfreeze before using Kill on the ragdoll.

Note: I'm not sure how to manipulate the wearables of a ragdoll since Valve blocked attachables.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-19-2012 at 09:22.
Dr. McKay
Old 07-19-2012 , 21:03   Re: [Pay][REQ] TF2 Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #15

This turned out to be a lot more complex than I previously thought.

Valve does some weird calculations relating to taking damage. I'm unable to prevent players from dying rather than freezing at the moment.

:/
Old 07-19-2012 , 21:54   Re: [Pay][REQ] TF2 Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #16

So, would it be easier to force melee only and on enemy damage freeze players, on team damage unfreeze?
Old 07-19-2012 , 23:24   Re: [Pay][REQ] TF2 Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I wonder if you could create a ragdoll in the player's location and then turn them invisible. The reason for this? To set m_bIceRagdoll on the ragdoll, of course! The downside would be that the ice ragdolls fall over after a while and can be moved using physics. I'm not sure if you can SetEntityMoveType to MOVETYPE_NONE on ragdolls to prevent this or not.

Also, I'm not sure if Ragdolls disappear after a while automatically or not. You may be able to get around this by storing an array[MAXPLAYERS] of the ragdoll entity for each player and recreating them in OnEntityDestroyed, making sure you unset the array value for a player on unfreeze before using Kill on the ragdoll.

Note: I'm not sure how to manipulate the wearables of a ragdoll since Valve blocked attachables.
One major issue with this is that a lot of people use FPS configs that disable ragdolls.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2012 , 18:20   Re: [Pay][REQ] TF2 Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #18

Looking forward to the release of a working freeze tag plugin too!!!
pr0ton
Old 10-19-2012 , 20:12   Re: [Pay][REQ] TF2 Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #19

One of my personal top mods. Such a mod will improve the team spirit at LANs. Also willing to pay.

I remember playing on the FreeFrag - Freezetag servers, such a fun time. Their mod was in every detail a beauty, players went in a sort of zombiefrozen attitude after they died.
Dr. McKay
Old 10-19-2012 , 21:42   Re: [Pay][REQ] TF2 Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #20

Coming up soon: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TF2FreezeTag