Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Could someone direct me to tutorials or code snippets

Post New Thread Reply   

ManjotSnithcarl
Old 10-03-2022 , 08:27   Could someone direct me to tutorials or code snippets
Reply With Quote #1

I知 making a catalog of images. They値l have tags and there値l be filters for the tags. I知 probably going to use JavaScript to handle filtering in this context and I think the filter gallery and interactive cards from W3 will be helpful here.

Where I知 stuck is SQL and admin privileges. I値l want to allow an admin to edit and add media. There値l be several database tables to use, and I知 stuck because I知 not sure if I should filter via php and sql or JavaScript. I also don稚 know how to provide an admin special privileges. Could I show an admin a form that痴 otherwise hidden?
McTavish
Old 01-15-2023 , 15:18   Re: Could someone direct me to tutorials or code snippets
Reply With Quote #2

It sounds like you have a good understanding of the front-end functionality you want to build using JavaScript and the W3 filter gallery and interactive cards.
In terms of the back-end, it's best to use both PHP and SQL for the database management and filtering. PHP can handle the server-side logic and SQL can handle the database queries. You can use JavaScript to make the front-end more interactive and responsive, but you should use PHP and SQL to handle the data manipulation and storage.
To provide admin special privileges, you can use a combination of PHP and SQL. You can use PHP to check the user's role and determine if they have admin privileges. If they do, you can display the form that allows them to edit and add media.
Otherwise, you can use PHP to hide the form and restrict access to it.
Keep in mind that you should always use secure methods to authenticate and authorize users, such as using salted and hashed passwords, and to validate and sanitize user input.
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2023 , 00:47   Re: Could someone direct me to tutorials or code snippets
Reply With Quote #3

FYI, this site (AlliedMods.net) is for AMX Mod X and SourceMod related scripting, it is not for web-based programming. So, you're more likely to get better help on a site that supports programming for the web. There is technically an "off-topic" forum (toward the bottom) where you can post things that aren't related to AMX Mod X or SourceMod.

Last edited by fysiks; 01-16-2023 at 00:50.