Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D PLUGIN] Disable Chapter Stats Screens

Post New Thread Reply   

Sunyata
Old 05-27-2019 , 05:52   [L4D PLUGIN] Disable Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #1

Dear modders,

Is it possible to create a plugin to disable the player stats-screens from loading at the end of each chapter of left 4 dead co-op campaigns? These are the ones that get displayed while loading the next map/chapter. Question is: is it possible to disable these stat screens at all?

The other alternative I guess would be to have all the player kill-stats reset to zero at end of each chapter, but still have the stat screens display all the players kills as zeros.

Why do I need this? - Well, my l4d1 server is really extreme hardcore and it really demands all players to be very focused on teamwork, so the psychology behind my thinking here is - by having all the stats removed means that players can't be focused anymore on their own stats, so they are then only focused on teamwork play only - this is how I purposefully designed the game-play to be on my type of server anyway, it wasn't designed to see who's got the highest scores.

I'd be so grateful to the coder that could create this plugin.

UPDATE: There is now a fully working plugin for this post - Link here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=331583

Last edited by Sunyata; 04-24-2021 at 03:17. Reason: Link to working plugin
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2019 , 15:42   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #2

Here is all the stat props: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2614742
You just need to set required values on round_end event.
Sunyata
Old 05-28-2019 , 07:34   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #3

Hi Dragokas,

Thanks for pointing me to your plugin. I just hope I can find a way for your plugin to reset all player stats to zero. But I am uncertain as to what you mean about "set required values on round_end event". Are there some lines of code that need to be change in your script? And if so where would the code changes be for those lines? I would really appreciate some more help from you on how to reset all the player stats to zero at the end of a chapter/map. I can read scripts to some extent and also compile them, but I'm not really a coder, more of a simple hacker.

Last edited by Sunyata; 05-28-2019 at 07:35.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2019 , 12:20   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #4

Here it is... but it can lead to breaking compatibility for some plugins that could rely on statistics. So, it is better you remove some property names from g_sPlayerSave() array that you don't really need to reset.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_StatReset.sp - 309 views - 4.9 KB)
Sunyata
Old 05-28-2019 , 13:51   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #5

Hey, thanks for doing this Dragokas,

I'll test your plugin out extensively tomorrow. I'm not too worried about any of my other plugins, even if they do use some kind of stats, As far as I know, I don't have any other plugins that use stats for anything on my server. But I'll keep in mind your suggestion about removing some of the property names should I find any conflicts.

I shall report back here in a day or so, when I know how things turn out.

Cheers
Sunyata
Old 05-29-2019 , 04:30   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #6

Hi Dragokas,

I've tested your plugin extensively on my Windows Left 4 Dead server and can report the following:

All players and bots that kill zombies and Witches have their values reset to zero at the stats screen - it works perfectly across all chapters of a campaign. However the plugin won't reset the kill-values to zero for the Tank, Smoker, Hunter and Boomer - those kill-values still get displayed on the stat screens.

I've got about 50 plugins installed on my server, and after testing your plugin for about 4-hours I couldn't find any conflicts between your plugin and all the ones I use. I haven't tested your plugin out on my L4D2 server yet, but I would guess the kill-stats for all those Special-Infected won't have their kill-values reset to zero either.

Is it possible to have the kill-stats for the Special-Infected reset to zero in your new plugin as well?

Thanks for doing these changes to your plugin, even with what you've done here, it's greatly appreciated by me.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2019 , 06:01   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
However the plugin won't reset the kill-values to zero for the Tank, Smoker, Hunter and Boomer - those kill-values still get displayed on the stat screens.
Do you mean infected team in versus?

Set "l4d_stat_reset_team" plugin ConVar to 16.

Last edited by Dragokas; 05-29-2019 at 06:02.
Sunyata
Old 05-29-2019 , 06:27   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
Do you mean infected team in versus?

Set "l4d_stat_reset_team" plugin ConVar to 16.
Hi again,

I've never played versus, so I wouldn't know. I only ever play co-op games. So Im using the Cvar default set as: ' l4d_stat_reset_team "4" '
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2019 , 06:31   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #9

Do you mean, the number of damaged hp deal to tank is not reset in survivors statistics?
Sunyata
Old 05-29-2019 , 07:35   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #10

I've attached two screenshots showing me playing a co-op map/chapter alone. I disabled the bots for this test. What I did here was spawn just 1 Tank, 1 Hunter and 1 smoker. That gave me a total number of 3 kills on the stat screen for "general defence" and "special killer" - these are the values that should be zeros for both stat screens (sry, I forgot to add the Boomer to this kill count, but the same would apply to him as well).

As for the HP damage on the Tank I don't know if it resets to zero or not. Usually for me the load times between maps are quite short on my server. What I'll do is try and find a very large add-on map to increase the load time, and report back here with the Tank HP results and another screenshot for Tanky as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbce4721cx...illed.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ovkyroj4j...0only.jpg?dl=0