Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Counter-Strike: Mutation Knight Mode

Post New Thread Reply   

WaLkMaN
Old 05-16-2023 , 16:27   Re: Counter-Strike: Mutation Knight Mode
Reply With Quote #11

Good job but let's say the truth, nobody will use it, first because of official buggy HLDS and second Orpheu. This module as you know very well is too complicated for just simple users who have basic knowledge of server administration. If you want to target more potentially server owners, then just include reapi version.

Last edited by WaLkMaN; 05-16-2023 at 16:28.
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 05-16-2023 , 17:10   Re: Counter-Strike: Mutation Knight Mode
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLkMaN View Post
first because of official buggy HLDS and second Orpheu
Buggy HLDS? Wich bugs?

Orpheu? What's the problem?
Old 05-17-2023 , 00:48   Re: Counter-Strike: Mutation Knight Mode
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
Buggy HLDS? Wich bugs?
You can find with REHLDS_FIXES macro.
But if you still don't believe it, let see what Arkshine told us (on first bullet): https://github.com/alliedmodders/amxmodx/pull/417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine
ReHLDS and ReGameDLL are solid projects meant to be used in production, providing more stable binaries than the original, with many fixes, security fixes, improvements and an API for mods/plugins. Performance optimization as well. The projects exist since a few years now, and I believe they are fairly mature, enough to get some attention and to consider a support in AMXX.

Quote:
Orpheu? What's the problem?
Most server owners are not coders, which means they often struggle to understand concepts like signatures, how to obtain them, why the current ones may not be compatible with HLDS, and why certain plugins are not functioning properly. A quick search through plugin threads would reveal that this is a common issue.
On the other hand, ReGameDLL offers more cvars. If a server owner wants to prevent a round from ending, it's as simple as changing one value instead of dealing with module installations and other complexities. This makes it easier for server owners who are not familiar with Orpheu specifics.

Last edited by WaLkMaN; 05-17-2023 at 01:06.
1xAero
Old 05-17-2023 , 01:16   Re: Counter-Strike: Mutation Knight Mode
Reply With Quote #14

Open and discuss about Regame/Reapi in another thread.
About Regame/ReAPI/ReHLDS - yes, they are good projects, i know in Russia hosting owners are allowing to use ReHLDS, but not in Tokyo/Taiwan (DMCA maybe?).
I already tried to told my hosting owner to support reversed projects, but no succes, it's like Bang your head against the wall
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 05-17-2023 , 06:02   Re: Counter-Strike: Mutation Knight Mode
Reply With Quote #15

Anyone who can use rehlds and reapi is also capable of using orpheu. People don’t have to look for signatures, they are already provided here.
And i am not against the use of rehlds or reapi, i am just saying orpheu is a better option. If someone has trouble installing arkshine’s end round plugin is because he can not read. It’s just copy/paste the files, whats the difficulty on it?
Old 05-19-2023 , 05:37   Re: Counter-Strike: Mutation Knight Mode
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
It’s not about supporting it. This is a plugin submission, his goal is to make the plugin the best way possible and that way is Orpheu. I’ve not read the code but when it comes to manage the end of a round Orpheu is the right choice
Luckily Hedge did a phenomenal conversion to mimic the same results: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=340389

Could add rehlds support if needed
Old 05-21-2023 , 04:14   Re: Counter-Strike: Mutation Knight Mode
Reply With Quote #17

Updated
q844215805
Old 05-27-2023 , 09:16   Re: Counter-Strike: Mutation Knight Mode
Reply With Quote #18

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grebon
Old 05-31-2023 , 09:23   Re: Counter-Strike: Mutation Knight Mode
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xAero View Post
It's already under Attention on Github section. The VAC triggers if user manually renames cstrike.exe to hl.exe and replaces original executable file, so yes, never do that. ometv camzap
Do you have got any snippets I could use to either make the bullet veer to the proper or left please? I am running on adding windage in one of my mods. I noticed your work -- could come up with proper credit score of direction. I can see how the gravity or pace may want to training session if the wind is blowing at or in the back of the shooter. I even have the facts feed and the route of the wind comes as speed and stages so a hundred and eighty degree wind could be blowing at the shooter and say gravity or velocity will be adjusted.
1xAero
Old 05-31-2023 , 10:24   Re: Counter-Strike: Mutation Knight Mode
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by grebon View Post
Do you have got any snippets I could use to either make the bullet veer to the proper or left please? I am running on adding windage in one of my mods. I noticed your work -- could come up with proper credit score of direction. I can see how the gravity or pace may want to training session if the wind is blowing at or in the back of the shooter. I even have the facts feed and the route of the wind comes as speed and stages so a hundred and eighty degree wind could be blowing at the shooter and say gravity or velocity will be adjusted.
That's a heavy pressure for server, but what you can - block default attacks and create projectiles as bullets with gravity, speed and vector depended on what you are trying to achieve.