Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

TF2 - Latest update causing seg faults on Linux servers?

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-19-2014 , 06:33   TF2 - Latest update causing seg faults on Linux servers?
Reply With Quote #1

Yeah so I was at work when I received a text message from a friend who also runs a Linux based server (Ubuntu 12.04) telling me the recent update caused his server to segfault on startup.

So I just got home, checked my server, and sure enough it's segfaulting now.

Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Oh, and please don't tell me to try adding -debug to the srcds_run command line. I've had segfaults in the past when trying to run a TF2 Surf server where dying = segfault crash, and adding "-debug" to srcds_run via notepad++ solved nothing. It never generates any logs and if it does I don't know where to find them.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 06-19-2014 at 06:35.
kNowo
Old 06-19-2014 , 06:57   Re: TF2 - Latest update causing seg faults on Linux servers?
Reply With Quote #2

From what I can tell, the engi is making it crash for me. Upon pressing the desired buildings to build, server crash. Guess something wrong with displaying the blueprint.

EDIT: solved engi thing by blocking it from being used. another thing crashes the server is map change. sigh. why can't they properly test the update before pushing it?

Last edited by kNowo; 06-19-2014 at 07:18.
flocke0
Old 06-19-2014 , 07:14   Re: TF2 - Latest update causing seg faults on Linux servers?
Reply With Quote #3

im also facing segmentation faults. For some reason 17 of 18 servers are running fine only one is not starting.

-debug gives me:

Code:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
BFD: Warning: /home/_service/game/core is truncated: expected core file size >= 482729984, found: 1191936.
Cannot access memory at address 0xf77658f0
Cannot access memory at address 0xffc66d0c
Any fix? Due to the fact that its only one server id say, its caused by a plugin. Any suggestions what plugin could cause this before I try-and-error all of them?
Old 06-19-2014 , 07:55   Re: TF2 - Latest update causing seg faults on Linux servers?
Reply With Quote #4

I get 100% CPU usage and eventually it crashes.

Removing Metamod and SourceMod fixed it for me.

Last edited by pizzahut; 06-19-2014 at 07:56.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-19-2014 , 08:02   Re: TF2 - Latest update causing seg faults on Linux servers?
Reply With Quote #5

Update SourceMod to the latest snapshot and I'd also suggest disabling SourceMod anticheat because it'll ban anyone using the Conga taunt.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-19-2014 , 08:41   Re: TF2 - Latest update causing seg faults on Linux servers?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Update SourceMod to the latest snapshot and I'd also suggest disabling SourceMod anticheat because it'll ban anyone using the Conga taunt.
Well you can just disable the eye test module - that is the one that seems to be getting set off by the Conga taunt.
kNowo
Old 06-19-2014 , 09:09   Re: TF2 - Latest update causing seg faults on Linux servers?
Reply With Quote #7

I managed to track down what was causing my server to crash and it was the native HookEntityOutput. Can anyone confirm this?
pizzahut
Old 06-19-2014 , 10:45   Re: TF2 - Latest update causing seg faults on Linux servers?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
This did the trick, thank you.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2014 , 11:35   Re: TF2 - Latest update causing seg faults on Linux servers?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNowo View Post
I managed to track down what was causing my server to crash and it was the native HookEntityOutput. Can anyone confirm this?
Physconic pushed a few commits to the sourcemod github repo on the master branch related to that native.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-19-2014 , 15:53   Re: TF2 - Latest update causing seg faults on Linux servers?
Reply With Quote #10

My Linux TF2 server seems to be operating normally at the moment.

There are 3 things I had to do to get it working.

1. Upgrade SourceMod to 1.5.4-git4087 (4088 is out now though).
2. Install a new copy of the DHooks extension as mine had somehow gotten corrupted when the server was upgraded.
3. Remove SMAC as it's no longer working properly on TF2.