Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Setting up a new server (some issues).

Post New Thread Reply   

Da_maniaC
Old 07-27-2011 , 18:30   Setting up a new server (some issues).
Reply With Quote #1

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums (and to setting up servers ).
I really wanted to have my own server, so i got a 32 Slot 100 Tick server from a server provider.
I am setting it up to run CSSDM with a 30 min. timelimit per map and rotate it with 3 maps (dust2 unlimited, office extended, nightfever)
The server is starting to take shape (finally!), but there are some issues i can't seem to figure out. I was hoping someone here could lend me a hand since i am still very new when it comes to administrating a CSS server.

I got some help from the server provider but they can only support mods so far, so i am still stuck on a few things. But here's what i have installed:
- Sourcemod
- Metamod
- CSS DM
- Mani Admin
- Showdamage
- Stripper (to remove objectives)
- Noblock (which isn't working right now, please see issue no. 2).

Issue 1:
Right now i am testing with a single bot adversary (so i don't know if that might be the problem). But every time i kill the bot, the round ends.
I do not want the round to end, only when the timelimit has been reached. Anyone know what might be the problem?

Issue 2:
I had the server provider install the SM_NoBlock mod for me, but this doesn't seem to be working.
When i try to type in the SM_Noblock command through the console or rcon console nothing happens.
Am i doing something wrong?

Last few questions:
When i get these problems solved theres a few things i would still like to add to the server, but can not seem to find on the net.
- UT2004 announcer voice. Is there one for CSS? (On other servers i hear stuff like multikills, sprees, hattrick, etc... i would like it too).
- A mod that gives the player a grenade "X" amount of time after he threw or detonated the previous one.
- Is there a mod to make the round timer dissapear perhaps? (its stuck on 0:00 now, after applying the Stripper addon).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited by Da_maniaC; 07-27-2011 at 18:48.
Da_maniaC
Old 07-31-2011 , 05:53   Re: Setting up a new server (some issues).
Reply With Quote #2

I asked about all my issues in seperate threads now, this topic can be deleted if you guys want.