Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 16.0112)

Post New Thread Reply   

ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2013 , 23:55   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Alpha!)
Reply With Quote #51

Not releasing the next update until I can give this thing Updater compatibility. Hopefully this will be done before tomorrow night, but my job interview is far more important than this little project of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by island55 View Post
no no what I meant was adding a feature so only half the players could use the friendly mode at a time and an immunity to this specific option so admins can use friend at all times even if the 50% is surpassed.. but since you wont be adding this feature then don't worry about what I said about the immunity option.
Lol, the next update is including an admin command to bypass friendly mode anyway.

Last edited by ddhoward; 04-18-2013 at 00:29.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2013 , 09:30   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Alpha!)
Reply With Quote #52

Uploading new version 13.0418. It is attached to this post, has been pushed to the server that Updater downloads from, and will soon replace the version in the first post in this thread. Changes are:
  • Added command sm_friendly_admin. This command is only available to admins with the BAN flag by default; you can change this in your Overrides. Admins who use this command will be able to completely bypass Friendly mode, being able to damage Friendlies and non-Friendlies, regardless of the admin's own Friendly status. This command can only be used if sm_friendly_invuln = 2 or 3.

• Removed claims of the plugin being able to block friendly engineers from building things.

• Updater support! To enable automatic updating, you must have the Updater plugin installed, and set sm_friendly_update to either 1 or 2. 0, the default value, disables automatic updating, but will notify you of an available update in Updater's log file.
    Code in friendly.sp to facilitate auto-updating was borrowed and modified from Dr. McKay's Automatic Steam Update, and the rest was thanks to this handy guide he wrote. BIG THANKS TO HIM!
  • Changing Version format from here on. Version numbers will be in YY.MMDD format, with an optional .# following in the event that more than 1 update is released in a single day.

• Added a prefix to all chat outputs.

Please let me know if you run into any issues.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (friendly.sp - 107 views - 16.1 KB)
File Type: smx friendly.smx (10.5 KB, 117 views)

Last edited by ddhoward; 04-18-2013 at 10:54.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2013 , 10:36   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Auto-Updating!!) CV = 13.0418
Reply With Quote #53

Uploading new version 13.0418.1. It is attached to this post, has been pushed to the server that Updater downloads from, and will soon replace the version in the first post in this thread. Changes are:
  • Fixed a stupid mistake on line 258 that caused Friendlies who respawned (while sm_friendly_remember = 1 and sm_friendly_noblock = 1) to not have NoBlock.

• Changed default value of sm_friendly_update to 1.

Please let me know if you run into any issues.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (friendly.sp - 108 views - 15.9 KB)
File Type: smx friendly.smx (10.5 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by ddhoward; 04-18-2013 at 10:44.
StoneWolf
Old 04-18-2013 , 10:49   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Auto-Updating!!) CV = 13.0418.1
Reply With Quote #54

ddhoward, please add me on Steam. I've been working on a similar plugin, with the same code base that you used. I have some functionality you don't have and I think it would be great to merge our plugins.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/StoneW0lf/

Last edited by StoneWolf; 04-18-2013 at 10:49.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2013 , 14:08   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Auto-Updating!!) CV = 13.0418.1
Reply With Quote #55

this is interesting .. thanks!... for trade server application were you want to do heavy boxing, could this be used to make heavies invulnerable to everything except other heavies' melee ?

also can we add sm_friendly_enable (0/1) as a cvar so that an admin can globally enable or disable this plugin live, without having to unload / load the plugin live

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 04-18-2013 at 14:19.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2013 , 14:55   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Auto-Updating!!) CV = 13.0418.1
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWolf View Post
ddhoward, please add me on Steam. I've been working on a similar plugin, with the same code base that you used. I have some functionality you don't have and I think it would be great to merge our plugins.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/StoneW0lf/
As soon as I have time, I will do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
this is interesting .. thanks!... for trade server application were you want to do heavy boxing, could this be used to make heavies invulnerable to everything except other heavies' melee ?
That seems like the kind of thing that would need to wait until I get TF2Items working with this, which may be a long way off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
also can we add sm_friendly_enable (0/1) as a cvar so that an admin can globally enable or disable this plugin live, without having to unload / load the plugin live
I'll look into it; at this point, I know how to disable use of the command through a cvar's toggle, but not how to unload the effects of Friendly mode from everyone already in Friendly mode. I'll see what I can't learn.
zyrphon
Old 04-18-2013 , 15:12   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Auto-Updating!!) CV = 13.0418.1
Reply With Quote #57

Add me as well, I am testing it, and im not sure if it works for all players. that, and it is preventing admins from using normal chat (say). I am http://steamcommunity.com/id/zyrphon
Hungry Hoovy Hotel - 74.91.119.21:27015
What The Hale?! - 74.91.119.21:27016
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2013 , 15:19   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Auto-Updating!!) CV = 13.0418.1
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyrphon View Post
Add me as well, I am testing it, and im not sure if it works for all players. that, and it is preventing admins from using normal chat (say).
There is no way that my plugin is preventing admins from using the chat. There must be some other plugin doing so. There is absolutely nothing in my code that could possibly block "say" in such a way. Nothing in my plugin even interacts with "say."

What other plugins are you running?

As for the "not working for some," did you do a map change after install? lol

I'm about to go to a job interview; I will add you when I return.

Last edited by ddhoward; 04-18-2013 at 15:20.
zyrphon
Old 04-18-2013 , 15:24   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Alpha!)
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
[*]Added a prefix to all chat outputs.
I think that did it tho. I can use @ to chat but the normal SAY isnt creating output in the chat. Also, only I am getting the command available to me where as all other players, including other, non-root, admins are unable to use !friendly
Hungry Hoovy Hotel - 74.91.119.21:27015
What The Hale?! - 74.91.119.21:27016
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2013 , 15:27   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Alpha!)
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyrphon View Post
I think that did it tho. I can use @ to chat but the normal SAY isnt creating output in the chat. Also, only I am getting the command available to me where as all other players, including other, non-root, admins are unable to use !friendly
Code:
sm_rcon sm plugins unload friendly
Do that, and see if it fixes the chat problem.