Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Got it running, but no weapons...

Post New Thread Reply   

mjswannick
Old 11-20-2006 , 10:52   Got it running, but no weapons...
Reply With Quote #1

Hi eveyone,

I've got the CS:S DM mod 0.96c installed and running (had to type "meta load addons/cssdm/bin/cssdm_mm" into the console first though) and tried it out with a couple of bots in cs_assault. Everything works OK with regard to DM and respawning, except for there being no weapons selection/finding/purchase options at all.

I recently played fy_twotowers where there was a 3 option weapons menu at spawn bound to the 1, 2 & 3 keys where you chose whatever you wanted and got a couple of grenades for free, and all the spawn points were in the respective teams Buy Zone.

My intentions are two fold.

1. To be able to start a CS:S dedicated server (for LAN) in normal CT v T team mode (which I can do already)
2. To be able to start a team DM server with the 3-option menu I mentioned above.

Now that I've installed CSSDM (and I've made no alterations to any of the .cfg or .txt files yet!) how do I make the necessary changes to apply the weapons menu and restrict the spawn points to Buy Zones only?

Can I add the text string 'meta load addons/cssdm/bin/cssdm_mm' to the command line of the shortcut or somewhere to start a DM server without having to put that line into the console? If so, what is the correct syntax for it please (I also need the option to add bots to a value x or make the bots all CT or T)

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: The 3 option menu is now functioning correctly, so disregard all that stuff, but now everytime I start a LAN dedicated server it's DM only. How do you turn CSSDM off to return to normal CSS?

I still need advice about adding bots in the configurations above rather than typing bot_add_T, bot_add_T,bot_add_T, bot_add_T, etc

Last edited by mjswannick; 11-20-2006 at 11:19.
BAILOPAN
Old 11-20-2006 , 12:37   Re: Got it running, but no weapons...
Reply With Quote #2

#1 If you can do it already, why is it on the list? o_O
#2 Of course... CS:S DM does that by default. Put it in metaplugins.ini as per the SourceMM documentation:
Code:
addons/cssdm/bin/cssdm_mm
Please note that as of the current version, CS:S DM does not re-enable nicely. You have to change the map, otherwise it won't have cached information about the players in game.
Old 11-20-2006 , 13:30   Re: Got it running, but no weapons...
Reply With Quote #3

#1 is in the list in case anything else I wanted to do affected it and this was known by others. And it appears it has been. My ded. server starts DM by default which I don't want.

#2 was done at the time of setting up

Anyone tell me how to turn it off and on as I need it?

Thanks.
BAILOPAN
Old 11-20-2006 , 14:06   Re: Got it running, but no weapons...
Reply With Quote #4

The FAQ answers this - cssdm_enable/disable. But as I said, use at your own precaution. It's not fully working yet.